• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmm I have seen all Doctors now. I will leave mcGann out because he only did one movie and I have to wait till I heard all audios with him in it to make a proper judgement.
Classical Who:
Hartnell was so so. I wasn't really fond of his Doctor although I liked how he cared for his companions even though he tried to play grumpy
Troughton is a Doctor I like. He is so different compared to the first Doctor. Not my fav but a good Doctor.
Pertwee is awesome. I enjoyed every second of his seasons. He had great chemistry with both Katie Manning (Jo Grant) and Roger Delgado (the first Master).
Tom Baker is fabutastic. Funny, sarcastic and simply amazing. I love this Doctor very much.
Davidson is the kinda big brother Doctor. Easy to trust and he is probably the most kindest out of them all.
Colin Baker is a horrible Doctor. But that was the poor script writing and the ugly outfit. My least fav.
McCoy is another Doctor I really like. He is calm and very clever. One of my fav classical Doctors.

New Who and yes I made some huge changes here thanks to rewatching all of the new series again recently.
Ecclestone should have done one more season. His Doctor is brilliant but unfortunately can't fully grow because of the actor leaving so soon.
Tennant....I know I hated his Doctor with a huge passion but his Doctor is starting to grow on me a HUGE LOT and I'm far from done rewatching yet. I really like how he cares and his facial expressions are really cool. Yup I say it...he is now my fav Doctor out of the new Who and all thanks to my sister who I'm turning into a Whovian haha!
Smith is going the opposite way to be honest. I start to like his Doctor less and less. Don't kill me for this :P

Out of all Doctors I must say the classical Who is outdated. Especially the first 3 Doctors although I liked Jon Pertwee's acting. The effects are of course very outdated as well but still they can make you scared :P
So my fav Doctors so far: Tom Baker, Sylvester mcCoy, David Tennant, Christopher Ecclestone, Peter Davidson, Jon Pertwee, Matt Smith, Patrick Troughton, William Hartnell, Colin Baker

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Doctor Who

There has to be fans of the Doctor here. What do you guys think of it? Who's your favorite Doctor? My favorite is probably the 10th (Tennant) although I really started to enjoy Matt Smith. Series 8 doesn't come out till later this year with a new Doctor, not sure what i think of him yet.

alex-kingston-272-672x372.jpg

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I only began watching the show last week, and I'm three episodes in (starting with 9), so I can't really say much. However, given he's all I've seen, I would probably have to say my favourite doctor is #9!

Sheik

:the:
My friend keeps bringing his Sonic Screwdriver to school. He is one weird kid.

Oh, right, and I have plans to begin watching Doctor Who... soon. I'll start with 9 like Mezlo. I've already seen the first episode of 9 actually, so.

I guess I'm excited :D

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I am the Doctor :P

In all seriousness, I love the show a lot (definitely my favorite) and I know loads about it.

Also....
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the colour!

Crono

Hylian Rebel
BTW, I recently started up a blog for the show. I mainly just post news right now but I will get to writing reviews and other discussions. Take a look if you guys are interested, and yes plenty of spoilers. :D

http://drwhoblog.com/

Also, favorite regeneration? Def. David Tennant becoming the 11th Doctor.

10regenerates3.jpg

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
My favorite Doctor once was David Tennant's:ten:, back when he was the 10th Doctor. I found the show in 2007, maybe early 2008, and immediately fell in love with it. Soon I was introduced to regeneration when I started watching Christopher Eccleston's Doctor:nine:, then the 9th, and was so confused why it was a different person playing the role. I soon saw "The Parting of the Ways" and found out what regeneration was. Then, I found out that my dad had watched the show when he was younger and then I got my younger brother into it. I was incredibly sad when I watched David Tennant's Doctor's regeneration into Matt Smith's Doctor:eleven:, then the 11th (now the 13th), but I soon came to enjoy Matt Smith. Finally, "Day of the Doctor" and "Time of the Doctor" changed the whole numbering system.

Today I do not know who my favorite doctor is, I don't believe I've seen enough of the classic series to make an "official" decision. But, if I were forced to make some kind of decision I would say that Christopher Eccleston's Doctor:nine:(10th) and David Tennant's Doctor:ten:(11th & 12th) are tied for me so far. My favorite stories are "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "Day of the Doctor".

I can't wait for Peter Capaldi's Doctor (14th?) and the adventures him and his companions go on. :tardis::sonic:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There is one mistake people keep on making. The number of Doctors did NOT change. John Hurt's War Doctor counts as a regeneration but NOT as a Doctor. So we still have the same number of Doctors but 14 regenerations. This has been explained by Steven Moffat and was also explained by :eleven: in his last episode

My fav Doctor is Tom Baker. I have seen all Doctors from One till Eleven. This was a journey I started last year in Feb and after a lot of breaks finished in Nov. Tom is my absolute fav Doctor. Ten is my second fav. My least fav are Six and Two. Now I want to start the Big Finish Audio Books and listen to them all before the year is over. Especially :eight: must be very good in those

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Here's all the regenerations.

[video=youtube;uXCpY_3Sac8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCpY_3Sac8[/video]

[video=youtube;xYAc-012gRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAc-012gRU[/video]

Favorite?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I have to agree, the most noble one in principle was Five's regen into Six. It really showed what the doctor was about, ready to make the ultimate sacrifice, be it for an entire civilization or someone he barely knew.

As far as Visuals go, I enjoyed The 8/War transition, as well as the 9/10. THe 10/11 one I didn't like mainly because of Ten's "woe-is-me" attitude about the whole thing.

Micro-rant incoming:

I honestly don't see the problem with the Smith/Capaldi Regeneration. It was established that the Doctor received a whole new Regeneration cycle, and we've never seen something like that on-screen before. We've seen excessive energy before, with River in Let's Kill Hitler and by Ten in End of Time Part 2. Also, as for the speed of the regeneration, it accented Eleven's earlier comment about everything gone in an instant, like "breath on a mirror."

End rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom