• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters
I live in the UK and over here it's like a social crime to not watch Doctor Who I've been watching reruns of the old series since I was about 3 and now the whole family sits down on a Saturday night (when it's on) and watch it together, such a good show. It's got something for everyone, for the younger viewers it's more about how scary the aliens are but as you get older you realise there is so much more to think about.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
Where I'm from, no one knows anything about Doctor Who, so I'm kind of alone over here. That being said, I am a huge fan and am really disappointed that they are severely limiting the amount of episodes there are. I guess it's because the Thirteen= Final Regeneration is coming sooner than expected, but then again, I'm pretty sure the Master has received extra regeneration cycles.

Anyways, my favorite Doctor would be David Tennant,and my favorite episode would be either The Sound of Drums, or The End of Time. Maybe this has to do with the Master being my favorite character...

I love Dr Who, even though I haven't see all that many episodes. First season and half of the second, well, the new ones.
I'm still trying to catch up :D

There was this school trip once to England and we visited a school there.
It was so unbelievable! Everyone spoke of the series, they said they were even doing school projects about it.
So I decided to watch a episode and was immediately like 'I so do understand the hype!' :)

The tenth doctor was my favorite! And not just because he was hot, that was an added bonus. A lot of people say they watch it just for David Tennant. and stopped when he regenerated. But I just love his energy and enthusiasm.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The tenth doctor was my favorite! And not just because he was hot, that was an added bonus. A lot of people say they watch it just for David Tennant. and stopped when he regenerated. But I just love his energy and enthusiasm.

Well if you watch a show just for the actor only then you are not a fan of the show but of the actor instead. David was definitely cool but to stop watching after he left (by his own decision) is a bit not cool. I don't think he is that hot but he is definitely a cool Dr :lol:

I am very curious. There are rumors going around Matt Smitt will stop soon but he said himself he wasn't going to quit anytime soon. We will see. I like him as the Dr. I think he is growing more and more into a good Dr. The Master portrayed by John Simms is so hilarious charming and creepy! The sound of Drums cracked me up and freaked me out. I really hope Simms will return as the Master. There are rumors he is making his appearance once again. I hope he does :)

Last edited:

Rachel

be vigitant
I'm a fan of Doctor Who. It doesn't air too often on the channels I have, but when it does I'll be watching it. ^^

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Doctor Who?

Soo... what exactly is Doctor Who? I mean, I know it's a European TV series that's appeared in three incarnations (1970s, 2005, 2008), and that it has a huge "underground" following.

So, enlighten me. What's it about? What's so great about it? Why should people watch it? What channel/times does it come on?

Thanks in advance!
-Drew

EDIT: Oh, I see you've moved my post... thanks!

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is about a timelord from Gallifrey. The Doctor as he calls himself is the last of his kind together with his nemesis the Master. He travels in a blue Police Box calls the Tardis. The Tardis is a spaceship and he travels through time and to all kind of events fighting evil creatures. He most of the time has companions around him to whom he gets attached. They never stay with him forever though. he protects the Earth and has to fight Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels, Silense. It is a British tv show and the first Doctor was William Hartnell in 1963. He was the first Dr. Tom Baker (Fourth Dr) was the actor who played the Dr the longest and is considered the best Doctor by many, especially the older generation. The show made a restart in 2005 when Christopher Ecclestone played the 9th incarnation of the Dr. He played for one season. After this the by many beloved David Tennant took over for 3 seasons and now Matt Smitt as the Eleventh Doctor is starting his third season.

The show is easy to watch, has great storylines and never gets bored but lately the show has become less good as it used to be. Maybe the Ponds leaving the show might help to change things a bit?

It is on BBC America for the North-American viewers and you can watch it also on Netflix :)

Tom Baker IS the best Doctor.

Fourth_Doctor_eating_allsort.jpg

Jelly baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom