• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does zelda need more Aftergame Content

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
After the end of the game when you've slain the big bad beastie ravaging hyrule theres nothing left to do (unless you just stuck to the main game) Do you think zelda should give us some aftergame content stuff that can ONLY be done after you've slain the final boss and are now the supreme champ of hyrule?

I say yes, if your like me and do everything you can do (I.e a completionist) then you've cleared all sidequests collected all collectibles and are now bored after finishing the game, aside from kickflipping off of moblins and bokoblins we should be able to partake in a challenge far beyond what we've done so far.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I say no. Once the story is done it's done. The game is over, the credits roll and we are like 'cant wait for the next one'. If the game doesn't end there then you end up playing until you are bored rather than left wanting more. This is for me not a good way to end a game.

A good example of this is Skyrim. After you finish the main quest there is still lots to do and I played for 100 hours until every achievement was obtained. I stopped playing because there was nothing more to do and I was fed up of that.

In Twilight Princess I finished the game. The credits rolled and I couldn't wait for the next big entry.

Yes, yes it should.

It bugs me that I cant exist in a world i've saved.

It always puts you back to before the final boss. There is always still a problem.

There should be an option to always challenge the final boss but once you've beaten it the game should move on.

Stuff should occur afterwards even if it is just a lot of sidequests. At least then you can feel proud you saved the world and happy that you're beginning to rebuild etc.

Zelda needs more post game NOT DLC, actual post game like Pokemon does and Mario does now and even ****ing Kirby!

Zelda needs post game content badly.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I say no. Once the story is done it's done. The game is over, the credits roll and we are like 'cant wait for the next one'. If the game doesn't end there then you end up playing until you are bored rather than left wanting more. This is for me not a good way to end a game.

A good example of this is Skyrim. After you finish the main quest there is still lots to do and I played for 100 hours until every achievement was obtained. I stopped playing because there was nothing more to do and I was fed up of that.

In Twilight Princess I finished the game. The credits rolled and I couldn't wait for the next big entry.

So you wouldn't want to be able to do something like a massive colliseum event that unlocks at the end of the game that allows you to fight all the boss' and mix and matches of foes? I mean had sword trials but that crap wasn't really great for it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So you wouldn't want to be able to do something like a massive colliseum event that unlocks at the end of the game that allows you to fight all the boss' and mix and matches of foes? I mean had sword trials but that crap wasn't really great for it.

Hmm not particularly after completion. Once the story is concluded the game is done for me and then I'd either replay if it was good or leave it if not. If you like just playing bits of the game outside of finishing the story I can see why you might like that sort of thing but a boss rush would probably work best to get a special item during the actual game before it concludes. Thinking on it further a NG+ and then NG+1 like in Dark Souls could work for me.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Deus no word of a lie if Zelda and a NG+ and NG+1 where enemies get smarter and stronger each cycle would make me so goddamned happy, it'd add replayability for a start and if stuff is added in that's only accessible during the NG+ and so on i'd be freaking thrilled.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
@Deus no word of a lie if Zelda and a NG+ and NG+1 where enemies get smarter and stronger each cycle would make me so goddamned happy, it'd add replayability for a start and if stuff is added in that's only accessible during the NG+ and so on i'd be freaking thrilled.

I'd really like the smarter thing. TPHD had a hard mode or rather where enemies dealt more damage but their AI did not improve. A new Zelda could implement such changes properly.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Tricky question. A part of me wants it, but I'm not sure how it'd work out with Zelda. Maybe if there isn't too much content after the game is beaten I wouldn't mind. I don't care too much for games with aftergame content that have you occupied as long as, or more than all the mainquest content available.

This is stuff that would have been greatly appreciated many years ago, but there isn't really a need for it now considering the sheer amount of openworld games available. I can play my fill of a game, beat it's mainquest, do some sidequests, explore the world as much as I want. But then I move on to the next game of interest. All the rest of those games are going take up my time inbetween the next new game of a particular gaming series.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Absolutely. However, there does need to be a little excitement at the very end to keep that cliffhanger-type feeling of you wanting more, such as another boss or something

I think they should have special attacks or behaviors that they won't use in the regular game would be neat. Don't just give them more/regenerating health. That doesn't make the game harder, and doesn't really make anything more interesting. If enemies and bosses had new attack patterns that would be really cool. Also, you could make certain Event Enemies that are challenging to a player who has already collected everything.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. Zelda's a series that heavily centers around the main quest. When the main quest is done, it's time to stop and move on or replay the game. Arbitrarily locking content behind the main quest is never a good idea IMO, but it's especially bad for something like Zelda.

Yes and no. While there shouldn't be too much content that has to be unlocked by completing the main quest, the game should still continue after beating the final boss and allow the player to enjoy the side content at their own leisure. This is actually something they should have already done in BoTW.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I remember when I beat paper mario 2 and all the npcs and such acknowledged the events that took place during the final battle as well as the defeat of the shadow queen, and I remember thinking "man, why couldn't zelda do this"
though I think majoras mask more than any game would have benefited greatly if it had some sort of epilogue, it sucked for me that after I saved the world from the apocalypse and made everyone content, I load back my save, and I'm back in the 3 day cycle again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom