• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Spirit Tracks Have ANY Replay Value?

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Hi guys.

I was wondering if Spirit Tracks have any replay value to you?

To me, it hasn't.
1 reason:
Tower of Spirits.
I freaking hate sneeking around and avoid phantoms and stuff.
It's a good idea, but please dont do it anymore. It's ok the first time, but I really dont wanna play it again because of this exact reason.
It's kind of repetitive from PH.
When I heard of the release of ST, I was like: "PLZ NO MORE PHANTOMS"
I even dont want to continue the game! I'm about to do the tower of spirits ONE LAST TIME.
And I don't want to turn on the DSi just to bore myself :(
I was always like: Finally done with the Tower of Spirits! Dungeon time!
After completing the dungeon, i was like: Ah, ****. Tower of Spirits again :(

So please leave a reply below telling me if you think ST has replay value, and your reason to it.

CZG

Name one Zelda game that you want to play twice in arow....
Really, I can't think of any game. Not only Zelda games, but all games have this 'flaw'.
It's not really a flaw.

But I agree, they should give us a break on some repeating things in the series.
I took me a few years to 'charge myself up' for replaying MM too. You get to do some things a bit too often.

On the other hand, they had this idea of this tower, which wasn't a bad idea to begin with. It simply would never have made the same impression if it was visited only once. It's like asking for MM without a timelimit.

But overall, I like the gimmicky approach on this game, with the stylus, the switching between characters and the dual screens. It's fun, but inferiour to d-pad classics....

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
The overall game was good, yeah.
I really enjoy it, and there is no game you don't want to replay in the Zelda series.
It only takes some time. It has replay value, but not after you have gone a long time without playing.
If you never liked the Phantom thing, it might take a lot of time to psyke up.
Of course, playing OOT twice in a row is not exactly fun.
I will modt likely replay ST in the future, but I won't replay it as often.
I have played OOT like 7 times now, and I do not get tired of it.
In 10 years, I probably would've played Spirit Tracks only 2 times.
The Tower wasn't a bad idea, I'll give it that. I would rather have a real dungeon there instead, maybe a little shorter than a real dungeon. (I dont really classify ToS as a dungeon, more like metal gear)

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
For the Phantoms, it was ok in PH, 'cause it was something new in the Zelda franchise.
But in ST I didn't like the Tower either...
Maybe because you had to kill Phantoms instead of just avoiding them.. I don't know.
Anyway, I'll probably replay ST at least once, because I'll have to draw every ennemy in the game (I do this for every game, don't ask me why xD), just like I did for PH...
But that's all.
The dungeons were kinda boring, most of them were amazingly easy, even compared to PH's; the story is boring too, all you have to do is to save the princess from a bad clone of Ganon, the only difference is that you only have to save her body...
Well, even PH was better, easier, ok, but better. The scenario, when not being very original either, was much cooler.

M

marttorn

Certainly, parts of it has lots of replay value, like the dungeon bosses are fun, and the temple puzzles are fun, but not so i'd do them again and still have fun doing it.

And the tower of spirits. The music tears apart my mind. Along with that we have /drumroll.... Frustrating Puzzles!

And..... How about some dark rooms!

And..... How about no unique theme to the dungeons whatsoever! 6 times!

And..... How about sneaking!

And also, the train portions of the game make me retch at the idea of replaying it, and just generally all the challenges I had in the game, I don't think it's a good idea for me to replay it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I actually liked the Tower of Spirits. I had no problems with the phantoms and if you play it again you will see it's actually easy to avoid or defeat them. But after I finished the game I played another game because I never play the same game two times in a row. But I definitely will play it again like I did with the PH (several times already) and OoT.

Name one Zelda game that you want to play twice in arow....
Really, I can't think of any game. Not only Zelda games, but all games have this 'flaw'.
It's not really a flaw.

There's tons of games that I replay over all the time. Tons of classics. Of the Zelda series, I'd say the ones with the most replay value for me is Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Adventure of Link... All of those games I have played over and over, probably because they are amongst some of my favorites in the series. LA is one of my favorites and my first, MM and the Oracles have so many side quest and things to do even after you beat the game that it keeps you playing for a while. AoL is one of those that you either like or love, and I love the challenge and even the way the game is made. Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time are also good ones to replay, but I haven't found myself playing them as much as the others listed.

With Spirit Tracks, I haven't played it since I beat it. That's not to say that it just doesn't have any replay value, but you have to actually enjoy the game itself, about like anything else. I could easily see myself replaying ST in the future, just not now. My main goal in getting it was to see what the story was, which I've done. Gameplay-wise, its way better than PH in my opinion. But replay value for this game is gonna be left up to how much the player enjoys just the game alone because there isn't a lot of side-quests, at least interesting ones.

Ikana

Trollkastel
It will be years before I play ST again.I like the game its just not a Zelda game I would play again.The Tower of Spirits was okay,I just wish they didn't make you do it after you just did a temple.Very few Zelda games I can replay after so many years.I played OoT so many times and I played MM so many times.I'm thinking about redoing Wind Waker again but I don't know.

CZG

OK, I might have played a The Adventure of Link a few more times. It's the only game that I played twice in a row in my life. But this is because it has some action to it, and almost no puzzles with dumb time limits or repeating processes.
LoZ and ALttP did have some battling to it, so they we fairly interesting to replay.. .

They took me longer to beat in the first place, escpecially the second quest of the original, but I think we played those game more time, simply because they are so old. If you own a game for years, you'll eventually replay it.

But games like OoT, you'd just play that for the cutscenes and the story once in a few years, not because it's very challenging to get all the skulltula tokens once you know where to find them. On my first playthrough, it took me weeks to find them all (without a rumble thingey), now it's just boring to check every place several times at night, both as a kid and as an adult...

MM is even worse, you know what to do, but it's just a hideous amount of work. Turning the Stone Tower around four times to get some stray fairies after playing the Elagy of Emptiness several times. I don't know how others feel like, but it took me about six years to replay this game fully. Even in one first playthough, you've done so many things over and over already.

In LoZ and AoL, doing a dungeon again is at least some active process, doing OoT dungeons again is pretty boring once you know where to go. There is nothing to stop you. There are almost no advanced or dangerous enemies for example. Maybe some annoying time-limited switch here or there, but those are easy when ou have proven your skill and have beaten the game before.

It problably depends on how you play a game, if you want to get 100% without a guide, in your first playthough, it will take a long time. I even had to start over because I messed up on the soft soil things.

By the time I'm done, I'm pretty much done with the whole game. In OoT, I was about to battle Ganon for about two months, playing an hour a day or so. Looking for those last 15 spider tokes and one piece of heart... When I finally found those, I ran up to Ganon, whacked him and took my gold casette out of my console for almost four years.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I actually think that ST has a good replay value, considering the length of the game and the massive amount of sidequests. Plus, it takes quite a while in order to get things like the train pieces. One thing that isn't great for the replay value would have to be the multiplayer and lack of Nintendo Wi-Fi support for it. The multiplayer is fun, but it really needed Nintendo Wifi to add to the insanity. :P

When it comes to the dungeons, the dungeons are nice, fun little things that you can constantly run through. In addition, the overworld puzzles are well thought out. Its quite a fun game, very creative, and replay value can be things like trying to perfect the minigames (Like trying to do Take 'em All On without a scratch (I think that's impossible)) or finding all the train parts, yet it is also nice starting up at square one again. It is just that ST has so many things to do in it, and also it is a portable game, so it just adds on to the replay value. So, yeah, I'm thinking that ST has quite a bit of replay value.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I haven't even made a new file since I got 100% on it. Of course I'd be able to go through the game now much faster than my first run, but I just don't feel like it. The game doesn't have much replay value in my opinion.

Has anyone ever played the Rareware shooter "Jet Force Gemini"? That game has honestly the best replay value I've ever seen in a game. It also has a 10/10 of it on Gamespot. For some reason you can play it numerous times, and never get sick of making a new file. Never.

Anyways, no. Due to the massive amount of quests and the train I don't think Spirit Tracks has much replay value at all.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
I probably won't replay ST for awhile. It was mostly good, but some parts were just too boring to bother with anytime soon. The tower wasn't so bad; at least you didn't have to play every floor over again to get to the next map. What I disliked the most about ST, and PH, was the lack of movement. You could go anywhere you wanted. As long as you have the tracks to get there. You can't run around unless you go to a station. It takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

L

LokomoSinc

There's plenty more. Just try finding the Dark Lokomo. He exists, but he's a challenge to find. Try getting to Sinc, the underwater lokomo. Even try to unlock the Spirit tower basement. Tough, isn't it? There's still more to the game. Swift Phantoms make an appearance, the Song of spirits come to the rescue for the spirit Phantoms, and more. Replay your file, don't delete it. Try to fingd the hidden stuff. You'll be glad you found the Dark Train pieces.

T

TOONLINK!

I think ST has alot of replay value, the phatoms were awesome and some epic boss fights, cool villans I think ST is the best zelda game, tied wih OoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom