• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Link.......Die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend told me that he read on the internet somewhere that link dies in-game:ganondorf:. I trust him because he hasnt lied to me ever! However there is a catch, because supposedly he gets revived:S. What if Adelle is the one that revives him? Or what if its Navi? We dont know whether this is true or not, but do you guys think it is? I always thought something like this would happen, and it would certantly be a change! (and no the ganondorf smiley doesnt mean that he gets killed by him, although it is a possibility)Note: this is just a rumor, please read the mini-paragraph (especially the bold) below before posting.

BTW people, every rumor has like a possiblity of 0.000001% being true. And i dont mean to flame anybody, but really dont say its impossible, period, and remember this before posting about any rumor. I really appreciate the people that considered the possibilities, especially zant and zeruda:clap:. O and another thing, i also mean he dies in-game. I should have explained it better. So its not "game over" kind of dying where you can use fairies. AHHZ, some of you are frustrating me!>.<1. he is supposed to get revived, not dead forever.2. link has never died for real, not the "game over" dying, not after the game, its in-game, u cant avoid it unless u stop playing the game altogether, probably like a cut-scene.

Edit: by in-game i meant for real:embarrassed:. AND IM ALSO GONNA EXPLODE WITH FRUSTRATION! Do you understand that he gets revived, not dead forever, and he dies for real, not "ooh a fairie can revive me" oh please tell me i dont have to explain any further! (sorry i got mad, some of you understood, some didnt, and i can get all frustrated like this too)

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Not a single bit of gameplay or story events has been leaked yet, so it's impossible to know. We don't even know for sure yet that the MBF is named "Adelle", nor do we know if Navi is even in the game. The only official information given to us so far is the piece of artwork with the swordless Link standing back-to-back with the MBF and Miyamoto pointing out that Link is swordless. That's it. :<

Your friend told you that he read it on the internet.... that's the first sign that you shouldn't believe it. The internet is full of rumors. Of course, the rumors out there are really fun and interesting to imagine, but they're just rumors so far. If you remember the hype for Twilight Princess, there was also a rumor that Link died and a picture of him laying "dead". As it turned out, that was just a screenshot of when he was passed out in the spring after King Bulbin attacked. So you see, most of what is on the internet is just rumors.

Zant

Friend of The Kaleesh
In the Twilight Realm...In the Twilight Palace
Hi zora warrior! It is possible that Link dies (and by that I mean really dies) and gets revived or, possibly, ressurected as an evil character! That would be an interesting twist. I wanted to mention that Link dies all the time......unless you mean he dies-dies, as in he is DEAD. For good.

i get what you mean zeruda, but not everything on the internet is rumors, what about that japanese E3 thing, maybe he got it from there, and those guys are always right. But still its just another rumor, but the reason i decided to post it was because i felt as if it could actually be true. anyways this whole links death thing confuses me......

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Your friend has no way of knowing this, and neither has anyone else. There has been no information leaked other than the artwork and the swordless Link. Even if Link were to die, that info would be kept under lock and key. There is no way Nintendo would leak something like that.
Your friend is definitely lying, and my advice to you is: Don't belive everything you hear.

arkvoodle, im not believing everything i hear. At this point, everybodys in the rumor stage, nobody has any way of knowing whether their right or wrong. Were just theorizing possible things so we dont die of eagerness until E3. like i said, the only reason i felt like posting this wasnt because i was bored, it was because i thought that it has a hint of truth in it.

BTW zant, i mean the stabbed kind of dead, he is DEAD, but he gets revived. o and another thing, while were on the whole reviving thing here, for those of you who have played ST, when Byrne died, didnt anjean say he would be revived? i really doubt this will be in ZW, seeing as it is mostly in the CT, but everyone seems to have forgotten that part.

If links dead then I'm dead he is my favorite character of all time, he makes a Zelda game a Zelda game no one can replace him ):.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I made a list a while ago on confirmed Zelda rumors.

Anemos said:
This list may shock you, as its contents is not only top secret, but totally and outrageously correct. The following is currently known to the gifted and most connected people of the Zelda Community:

• Link is the main protagonist
  • He has a sword
  • He has a shield
  • Link will be able to use his sword to defeat enemies
  • Link's shield will be used to defend himself
  • Link will be able to do the following with his sword:
    • Spin Attack
    • Jump Attack
    • Slash
  • Zelda will not be the main protagonist.
  • Ganon will not be the main protagonist.
  • Link will fight enemies
  • Link will not talk in a recognizable manner.
    • He will grunt
  • At least one boss will have a weakness being the eye.
  • It will be awesome
  • It will be awesome
    • It's worth mentioning twice
  • It will make all those other so-called "competitors" look in awe and wonder, making them ask themselves how someone could put so much win in a game.
  • It will be on the Wii.
  • It will be played with the Wii remote
In short, the world may end from the pure awesomeness held in what Nintendo has created.

I don't think Link will die. But as I point out with this list, ALL WE KNOW about Zelda Wii is from previous Zelda titles and a little bit of logic. Nothing has been released by Nintendo besides the one piece of artwork. We will not have anything secure until E3.

The one thing that irritates me is that people keep coming up with theories that have minimal "evidence". WE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING.

So...keep waiting.

If Link were to die, however, I really wouldn't care too much. There are multiple "Links" in the Zelda series. Nintendo can just make a new link.

Last edited:

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Link may be the main character, the protagonist and everything else to the Zelda series, but even bad things can happen to good people. I myself haven't heard of any such thing about Link dying. I'm not trying to be smart or anything like that, but you really can trust everything you read online all the time anymore. Nintendo and Miyamoto may have a possible Link death-revival piece show up sooner or later. Like I said, I don't quite remember Link dying dying and being revived. If your friend read it online, it could most likely be a scam or false information of the new game to be released in December. People are like that nowadays to keep people's thoughts linked on certain things. Nintendo is a very popular company and I can tell you right now that anyone would come up with anything on upcoming games from Nintendo to keep people interested. Now don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying your friend lied to you. I'm simply saying that Link may acually die and be revived, but think about it. Doesn't that happen in every game? You die and have a fairy in a bottle? Yes. It does. So maybe what you friend told you was that Link dies, but a fairy in a bottle revives him. So I think that's partly true in a sense that Link dies.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Link: I die all the time. That's what fairies are for. Yes, I remember to put holes in the corks! Once, I forgot to do that and.... yeah.... wasn't pretty. If I'm out of fairies, well, that's what the Reset/Try Again button is for. The player is usually pretty helpful and hits that right away to bring me back...

... except Shadsie here. On the Twilight campaign, she once got bored, then drowned me just to watch me die, then she left me hanging for a least a month! Oh, and she's putting words into my mouth now - that's writers for ya. The *censored.*

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Firstly, you shouldn't believe it. It's an interesting rumor to be sure, but it's just that. A rumor. The only evidence we have for this game at the moment is a picture of swordless Link in the same style as TP (which may not even be incredibly accurate as they've said that they haven't finalized the style) standing back to back with the MBF and Miyamoto pointing out that Link has no sword.

But, it is an interesting rumor and I think it would be very cool if they did do that. That would definately make it a unique expereience, even for Zelda, and it would definately make for some interesting and original gameplay.

Although, I'm kind of hoping that they don't because I'm working on a Zelda fan fic with Link being dead and going through Hyrule in order to defeat Ganondorf because, I don't want people to think I ended up copying it.

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
I doubt that. I'm sorry, it just doesn't seem like somethin Nintendo would do to me.

But, you know, Link DID look older in the artwork. MAYBE, Link dies trying to defend Princess Zelda in a short cutscene at the very beginning of the game, and he trains his teenage son Link in the art of the sword as a spirit, telling him that it's his destiny to save <insert land's name here> from <insert antagonist's name here>'s clutches. (That's where WE come in!)

I just HAD to play around with that. :P

Zant

Friend of The Kaleesh
In the Twilight Realm...In the Twilight Palace
BTW zant, i mean the stabbed kind of dead, he is DEAD, but he gets revived. o and another thing, while were on the whole reviving thing here, for those of you who have played ST, when Byrne died, didnt anjean say he would be revived? i really doubt this will be in ZW, seeing as it is mostly in the CT, but everyone seems to have forgotten that part.

Anjean said that Byrne would come back in another form, a new one, not be revived as the decendent of the Lokomo as he once was.
I think that this rumor may be false. Yes, Link dies all the time, but they wouldn't REALLY kill him! If Link was dead-dead, it would end the entire series. ...Unless that is what the WANT to do...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
If Link was dead-dead, it would end the entire series.

Not necessarily. He could come back as a ghost and have a kickin' afterlife adventure. Plus, once he's done he'd just get reincarnated again when Hyrule/Holodrum/Labrynna/whatever land needs him again. Saves a bit of work for the Goddesses.

In addition to that, it'd give some interesting gameplay and a sense of direness (for instance, if you get a game over when Link's already dead, that means his soul is obliterated and thus he can't be reincarnated. That sense of direness pretty much replicates that of MM). Plus, wouldn't you love to give those Poes a taste of their medicine using their own techniques? ;)

Nah if Links a ghost it will make it more spirit tracky witch we don't won't right guys? Through it could end for Link (Hero of Time) at the end of the game.

(...The picture somewhat looks like Links falling into lava or some sort of volcano...) <- Just some personal thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom