• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Demise Comes from Lorule?

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
Hi everyone,

I just finished A Link Between Worlds and after I saw Demise's Sword, a question came to my mind: does Demise comes from Lorule?

The facts:
-Demise's sword has the reversed Triforce on the blade. The reversed Triforce is a recurring design in Lorule, since it is their normal Triforce.
-In SS, it has been said that Demise and his army came from a fissure in the earth. In ALBW, Link travels from Hyrule to Lorule and vice versa via fissures.

I don't really have anything else on the subject, so I can't really push the hypothesis farther. Though, I started to believe that Demise may be a fallen hero from Lorule (<--speculation)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I suppose you can twist the question the other way around too, however.

Does Lorule come from Demise?

Hilda mentions that Lorule was also once a land of prosperity. Perhaps Demise's incarnation laid waste to the land establishing his symbol, the Inverted Triforce, across the land.

Unfortunately, there isn't concrete evidence to properly support either view.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
My answer is... maybe?

Now that Lorule is established to be an alternate-universe version of Hyrule, that does bring up a good point about Demise. True, I've always figured the upside-down Triforce on his sword was done to spite the Golden Goddesses. Perhaps, since this is an alternative universe, there's an alternate version of Demise - not a reincarnation, another version of Demise himself - that wrecked havoc across the land. Is there another version of his curse in Lorule, or did he actually win his war (by causing all the people to covet the Triforce and turn on each other) and caused the people to shatter their inverted Triforce as a last resort against this corruption?

But then, if he originally came from Lorule, that would insinuate that he conquered the land thousands of years before the events that transpired in ALBW. If Lorule was in a conquered state for so long, I doubt there'd be much of anything left. No kindgom, no princess, no Thieve's Village, just... nothing.

Wow, I wish I'd known about this thread a couple days ago- I started one for this exact question. XD

Anyway, my theory on the subject is that yes, Demise originated in Lorule. The wars over the Lorulean Triforce that Hilda described, meanwhile, occurred some time prior to the backstory of Skyward Sword. Hylia's Lorulean counterpart (whom I have dubbed "Lylia") destroyed the Triforce to end the fighting, and after realizing her mistake, she gave up her divinity in shame, but vowed to rectify it, thus founding what would become the Lorulean Royal Family. Demise, meanwhile, was forced to search for an alternative to the Triforce, leading him to Lorule's Sacred Realm, where he was the first to discover Hyrule and its Triforce. Determined to get it, Demise used his power to tear open a rift between the two worlds, from which he and his armies emerged; to the peoples of the Surface on the other side, it appeared as if he'd emerged from underground. After his defeat, Hylia sealed the cracks he'd made, thus cutting off the two worlds; but as her bloodline withered in the Downfall timeline, so too did the seal on the cracks, and once Zelda was sealed in a painting, the seal gave way completely, thus allowing Link to cross over and back during his adventure.

Kahz

Ganindarf is bezt
Demise's origins were never really specified so I believe that this is possible. The 3 goddesses wanted something peaceful and balanced world. Lorule's origins aren't really specified either except for the fact that it's Hyrule, just torn to shreds. Torn to shreds over the wars over their triforce. But they destroyed their triforce to prevent wars, which make people desire it more and their must be another source. Demise's solution? Hyrule. Demise waged war against hyrule and the goddesses in order to get his goal, but he must've had help. This is where the dark tribe comes in to play.

The dark tribe is the term used for anyone related to or in the tribe and are from Lorule working with demise. The game states that they wanted to rule over hyrule, but what else?. Why do they want the Triforce though? Power. But who needs power if you have nothing to control? Demise could actually be trying to do a good thing and wish back lorule's triforce and restore it. But there is also the possibility that Demise had just abandoned Lorule.

Demise can also control "lorule's counterpart" of the master sword. The symbol of the sword can represent the royal family of Lorule and demise could've also been like ganon and be apart of the royal family but went mad over power. And, since he can wield Lorule counterpart of the master sword not seen in the skull woods, it is also possible that demise had the triforce of courage. But since demise died his spirit lingers, and we now see today's baddies such as ganindarf and vaati and the lot of em

I could say a bit more but this is just my two cents

I doubt demise came from Lorule, because of how ancient Demise seems to be, being much older than hyrule its self, but Lorule could possibly be related to him.

Count SymphoniC

Master of Music and Mind.
I doubt demise came from Lorule, because of how ancient Demise seems to be, being much older than hyrule its self, but Lorule could possibly be related to him.

We don't know if Demise is actually older than Hyrule. The land of Hyrule existed before Skyward Sword, it just wasn't made into the Hyrule we know it as now until after Skyward Sword. Hylia was brought into existence after the land of Hyrule was crafted by the Goddesses. Not only that, but it is implied that Demise is the counterpart to Hylia. The fact that Demise holds a counterpart to the Master Sword can make this confusing, but Skyward Sword does make it clear that Demise has great powers far beyond the average "hero", making him more like a god, somewhat like Hylia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom