• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Does Anyone else Want a 50+ Hour Game?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Whenever a new Zelda comes it is always after a long wait. When I finally get and finish the game I end up wishing there was more of it, SS took me 19 and a bit hours to finish. After waiting 5 years since TP, I got a 19 hour experience and I craved more. I have replayed the game a few times since then, but this time I am really hoping for a massive experience with Zelda U and I mean for the main story not just with sidequests. I want a 50hour+ game this time, something as big as certain Final Fantasy games or RPG's such as Skyrim.

What do you want to see lengthwise?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Usually you aren't the only person who wants something and certainly not in this case. However, according to numerous sources, I am hearing reports that Skyward Sword was anywhere from 40-70 hours long. I don't know how long it was for me but certainly not 19 hours. Perhaps you are just very good. Zelda doesn't have tons of cutscenes to have forced length.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't know how TP or SS can be above 25 hours unless you are doing a LOT of sidequests...in answer to the thread, I would love a 50 hour main quest.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't know how TP or SS can be above 25 hours unless you are doing a LOT of sidequests...in answer to the thread, I would love a 50 hour main quest.
It doesn't matter if you don't know how, because it WAS for a lot of people, including myself.

Usually you aren't the only person who wants something and certainly not in this case. However, according to numerous sources, I am hearing reports that Skyward Sword was anywhere from 40-70 hours long. I don't know how long it was for me but certainly not 19 hours. Perhaps you are just very good. Zelda doesn't have tons of cutscenes to have forced length.

I second this sentiment. He must have played for 19 hours straight without ever taking a single break. I myself completed the game rather quickly, seeing as how my brother's friend pirated the game and let me borrow it for a couple days before it was officially released. If memory serves, it took me around 30/40-ish hours minus a few sidequests. My subsequent playthroughs—which I could actually take my time playing—took upwards to 50 hours, because sidequests and soaking in the atmosphere. Never got around to playing Hero Mode, which might have taken much longer.

On topic:

Sure. 50 hours or so would be awesome, especially for someone like me who tries to get the most out of the few games I own. I don't have the dough to be spending on a ton of games every month, so if one game can tide me over for a couple years or so, then I'm all for it.

Salem

SICK
By 50+ hours, I assume of you played the game continuously without doing side-quests and NOT losing or waisting time?

I don't thing it is possible based on these conditions. To my knowledge, non of the main console Zelda games since WW exceed 20 hours when played "rushed" as in only doing the main quest quickly, but not speedrunning.

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
I think I clocked in 70+ hours in Skyward Sword. But to be fair, it wasn't so much The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for me, but more so The Legend of Zelda: Bug Master.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I wouldn't even say quickly. Just doing it and a few sidequests that are on the way. I just don't know what could preoccupy you for that extra 30 hours.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
By 50+ hours, I assume of you played the game continuously without doing side-quests and NOT losing or waisting time?

I don't thing it is possible based on these conditions. To my knowledge, non of the main console Zelda games since WW exceed 20 hours when played "rushed" as in only doing the main quest quickly, but not speedrunning.

I did a fair few side quests and finished the game in 19and a bit hours. First playthrough.
Most zelda games are short because the stories revolve round collecting a certain amount of items from temples to be able to defeat the main villain. puzzles are all easy and so is the combat.
This really needs to end and they need to make things more interesting now. They should take a leaf out of final fantasy's book with the length. It took me 60 hours to finish 13, that is a decent length indeed. The game had a great story and huge world. It was very linear though. Zelda U with its wide open world should be easily able to accommodate missions for the main story that take 50 hours to finish.

JF2

DinkLink
The world of Zelda is not only about the main quests. That is the beauty of it. You have choice. I agree such an experience of that time of main quest would be great, it would mean less side stuff. Skyward Sword was not a 19 hour game for most players who play more than the main quest.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I think I'll just throw in this idea. What about a "72" hour long Zelda overall.

24 hours of main story quest

24 hours of normal/regular side quests

24 hours of monster hunt bonus/side quests/missions

"72 hours remain" overall. ;)

Salem

SICK
I did a fair few side quests and finished the game in 19and a bit hours. First playthrough.
Most zelda games are short because the stories revolve round collecting a certain amount of items from temples to be able to defeat the main villain. puzzles are all easy and so is the combat.
This really needs to end and they need to make things more interesting now. They should take a leaf out of final fantasy's book with the length. It took me 60 hours to finish 13, that is a decent length indeed. The game had a great story and huge world. It was very linear though. Zelda U with its wide open world should be easily able to accommodate missions for the main story that take 50 hours to finish.
No, RPGs are different from Zelda, I don't think Zelda can be as long as a Final Fantasy game without just padding the main quest with a lot of undesirable(fetch quests, lengthy cutscenes etc.) elements.

I don't think Zelda should try to be Final Fantasy, sorry I disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom