• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Home Row when You Type?

Some people choose to use the home row typing technique because it's the fastest and most efficient way to type, apparently. While others choose to type freelance, and feel that they should not have to conform to a specific way of typing. Personally, I use home row when I type simply because that that was the way I was taught. But how do you type?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
When I first got a computer, I tried to learn the typing faster by using the home row key, but it was too difficult for me back then. So basically, I do not use the home row when I type. I could probably learn how to now since i'm better at typing.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I developed my own form of typing method, not following any specific standard, but it works for me and I can type really, really fast without even looking at my keyboard. I know when I mistake before I even register it on the screen in front of me... lol

I just sorta do whatever I feel comfortable with. The home row has never felt comfortable to me, I tried and failed learning that way. I taught myself just with lots of practice of just doing whatever.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Yep. The scary typing teacher drilled home row into the very core of my being. I am actually not sure how I would type without it.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I don't use home row, but that's just because I was never taught to. I tried learning it, and just found it to be really difficult. I type really fluidly, using almost all of my fingers, kinda like a home row-user would, but my hands basically work freely. I suppose I've subconsciously trained my fingers to go to certain keys without having to learn a specific ways of doing things. I tried learning home row earlier this year, but it's like trying to re-teach yourself how to breathe, walk, chew food, etc. It just doesn't work.
I use all digits on both of my hands. I use my little fingers almost exclusively for the shift key and other keys pushed really far to the left or to the right. I don't use my thumbs for the Spacebar like you're "supposed to", except for sometimes. I only use my thumbs for the spacebar, but I rarely even do that. I usually use my other fingers for the spacebar.

Really? You have to be a ****** to not use the home-row. Unless of course you haven't learned how...but really...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't even know what home row is, and I don't use it really. I place my left hands on WASDEF and Spacebar (thumb). My right hand typically rests on IJL' and Spacebar. Home row sounds like a chocolate bar made of vanilla ice cream; completely alien to mine person.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Well yes, I do use homerow. It's kinda fast and easy and I prefer using that way of typing. But to be honest, I use 40% of my left while I use 60% of my right to mostly type. I actually use 3 fingers on the left while I use whole fingers on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom