• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Do You Think the Original LoZ is Hard?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I got 56 deaths my first time. In ALttP I got 97, in AoL I got 108. So it was easier than those 2, but still pretty hard..... BLUE DARKNUTS WILL DIE!!! :mad:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I would have to say that the game is, indeed, quite challenging. I started with Ocarina of Time, so that could easily explain why. I started with Ocarina of Time, then Wind Waker, then Phantom Hourglass, then Legend of Zelda. It was with that I grew up with the 3D titles (well, I wouldn't say grow up, since I started playing Zelda when I was 13) that I wasn't adapted to the 3D titles. A Link to the Past seemed a bit easier for me since I could go diagonal to go evasive, but I suppose the thing that made Legend of Zelda difficult was the lack of evasiveness. Even Adventure of Link offered more evasiveness with the ability to jump and move to dodge projectiles, but Legend of Zelda didn't have that option and limited you to only four directions with medium speed.

Plus, some of the enemies were cruel. Sure, the bosses were easy, but it was having a room with 10 Blue Wizrobes that does not allow you to live very long. Plus, there were quite a few Like-Likes out there that would eat your hard-earned shield. Earning 180 rupees in that game was not an easy feat, for rupees only came in 1s and 5s, with the exception of gambling, which could make you lose it all.

L

Legendary Dude

Haven't played much of it, but it dosen't seem too hard for me. I think I'll wait a bit to start playing it again, though.

Kirino

Tatakae
To me its incrdibly hard.im only halfway through and i have 160 deaths.In ALTTP on my first playthrough I only got 62 and thats on a beaten game.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
yes, survival is key. if your lucky enough to find the blue mail, it will be a little bit easier, and other items. etc. but think of when people where just getting the game on their NES systems? they didn't have walkthroughs. and who was helpful enough to go through every screen finding all the secret caves, secret rupees, and tried moving all the statues, graves and bombed all the places in the desert until they found those other caves? we are lucky to have them now. i have it for my NES, and not only is it hard, but my file would get deleted if i wasn't careful.

how's my posting??? call 1-800-giv-feedback. CUC-CO-MA-STER makes everything bet-ter!!!...... and he likes kittehs too!

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I found it to be a pretty difficult game. The first time I played it I could barely get to the first dungeon. Without a guide I agree it could last you a very long time, and a lot of the secrets I would never have found without a guide. That being said right now I am on the 7th dungeon, but haven't picked it up in a while. I think I'm gonna go try and finish it up tonight or tomorrow!

Definitely a challenge but it is a great game and worth it for everyone to play if you haven't

green goron

Best of the Gorons
i would be surprised if someone said it wasn't. If you don't know where you are going it can take you over 50 hours and that is just the first quest.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
i have it on the VC and i cant even find the second dungeon :( that is the problem with playing PH, ST, OoT, MM and TP first -.-

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, LOZ isn't hard. I could find all dungeons within an hour, and beating them was a cakewalk. The only time I had trouble was fighting the Darknuts. Blocking attacks = NOT cool.

J

James the 27th

I am VERY VERY untalented at videogames, so yes, it is the hardest game I have ever played. Although I refuse to use a walkthrough. I will, however, use the official manual scans uploaded on this site. They provide a few hints without any giving much away.

Actually, I am still working on it...I am at the 6th dungeon but Phantom Hourglass has taken over as my primary Zelda game...

Although, in my opinion it was not TOO hard until dungeon 5, then the difficulty spiked up considerably. Even with the blue ring and the white sword, it took me forever to beat it.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Well, I'm not going to say its easy but it gave me far less of a hard time than most of the other Zelda games simply because I had played all of the others before I could get this one, so I was experienced by that point. My first Zelda games were aLttP and WW. Most people consider those games to be FAR easier than LoZ and AoL. It took me several years of on-and-off play to complete aLttP and WW, while it only took me about a week to complete LoZ and another week to get to where I am now in AoL (Great Palace).People usually get more experienced at videogames as they get older.

But if I was a Zelda newcomer I would certainly say that LoZ (and AoL) is/are the hardest.

L

lywunduh

Yes it is impossible without the guide, but you dont really need a walkthrough for the actual dungeons. I thought the dungeons were hell easy, until things changed at that dungeon where you had to kill three dodongos in one room and kill about 9 blue darknouts in one room and so on. That was the turning point, and mademe reallty love zelda.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
after ive got a couple hearts i dont think its that hard the only parts of the game that i think is hard are the dungeon with the many wizzrobes and the final dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom