• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Think Nintendo Reads the Forums?

Do you think Nintendo reads the forums? This one or any other Zelda forums?

Probably not, but it would be nice.

What do you think?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think they do. Whether they go into specifics is another topic, but I have heard of big game companies getting in touch with their communities by reading forums or other forms of gaming communities. It's just a modern way to stay in touch with fan wants and perceptions.

By Nintendo checking forums don't take it like Miyamoto checking Zelda forums every day and the like. I would think of it more so as a department dedicated to keeping in touch with general community wants and feeding them back to Nintendo HQ.

Salem

SICK
I thought there was a rule in Nintendo that they weren't supposed to look at forums or something?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
JC is pretty much spot on. The same would go for Miiverse, unfortunately(?).

It seems to me that you are right, I think I heard something about Nintendo not giving in to fan suggestions or something.

I believe it was something along the lines of them stating they were not persuaded by petitions and the like.

A lot of companies hire big departments specifically for doing research on social media (including forums), so chances are that there are people hired by Nintendo who do their rounds through here and other forums from time to time. Probably not looking at specific interests but more of fan reception etc.

I'm sure they do... But what we say that we want here does not directly affect what products they will come out with, and in the end this is a good thing. Nintendo isn't going to try to incorporate what us fans may want in their next Zelda game, however they may consider a general idea that a majority of the fanbase wants over a number of years. For example, A Link Between Worlds seen a return to the classic "top-down" view that many of the classic Zelda titles had, and that was something that much of the community had talked about and wanted to see for a number of years now.

What you have to consider is that a lot of the time, some of the greatest games that we get (or any other forms of entertainment for that matter) are things that we didn't know we wanted until we got them. No one could have requested for Ocarina of Time to be what it was, and had the specific requests of the fans been taken into account to a major degree, that game would likely not have ended up being as good as it was and still is.

Pandanation

Panda Link
I think they do. Whether they go into specifics is another topic, but I have heard of big game companies getting in touch with their communities by reading forums or other forms of gaming communities. It's just a modern way to stay in touch with fan wants and perceptions.

By Nintendo checking forums don't take it like Miyamoto checking Zelda forums every day and the like. I would think of it more so as a department dedicated to keeping in touch with general community wants and feeding them back to Nintendo HQ.

Zorua and Zoroarak from Pokemon were fan-made on YouTube and ended up being on of the rarest pokemon.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Not officially, no. I should think the Nintendo executives, producers, etc. have better things to do with their work time than browse around on some forum somewhere on the great Interwebs.

Unofficially... probably. I should imagine that in their off-time some people who work for Nintendo do occasionally visit fan sites to get in touch with their fans and (hopefully) get some inspiration for ideas.

Fig

The Altruist
This is a very interesting question. Personally I believe that Nintendo does in fact read online forums and communities from time to time to see what the fans might be anticipating for the upcoming games in their favorite franchises. I think Nintendo does in fact read the forums but they can't be influenced the people otherwise it would satisfy some members in the fandom(s) and disappoint others at the same time, which is why Nintendo and every other video game company always stays at a neutral point to its fans when it comes to new installments to their core series and new ideas for future generations. Not to mention, Nintendo loves keeping their future projects under their sleeves until the time is right is reveal what they have in store for us fans. At the same time, Nintendo always wants to keep some form of contact with their fans so it is quite possible to believe that a Nintendo representative goes online to a random forum and observe what the fans are passionately discussing about their favorite Nintendo series. Who knows, maybe someone at Nintendo decided to take a look at the Zelda Dungeon forums today! :O

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't think you can expect any of the Higher ups on this site but Nintendo is so big and so many people work for them so I do believe some of thgeir employees check things out to see what people like. I don't think they will visit general forums of course ;) But yeah it is not unlikely they're looking what is going on in the heads of the fans.

I'd think they might have someone that goes around and reads forums to see what fans want and think. It would be in their best interest to do so anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom