• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Name Link?

Do you name Link?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nowadays, I only name Link to correspond to the type of file I'm playing.

"Link" goes for standard runs that I aim to screw around in.
"Ventus" for special runs, such as a Heart Pieces Only run or a Three Heart Run.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I used to use my real name when I was younger (for TWW, PH, OoT, MM, TP, and ST) but now I name him Link. I have for the past few years now. It's so weird seeing my own name within the game.

Although in my most recent playthrough of Link's Awakening, I named him Nyan...

Din Akera

Sniper
I have a funny story about this. But first let me answer the question, yes, I name him Link always...except for once.

In OoT when you first go to see Zelda in the courtyard she gives you the whole song and dance about her dreams and thinking that she knows you. Specifically though, she has a line "(file name) ... it seems somehow, familiar." Now, if you have ever had a conversation with me about how I feel about the princess you know I like to make fun of her. So once, my cousin and I named the file 'Zelda'. Which in turn made her say "Zelda...it seems somehow, familiar". Needless to say we killed ourselves laughing.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I did those couple of times that I played Wind Waker, but not my actual name, rather I tend to use nicknames that I've been given; and I have many. :nod: I've always liked to do that with games that let you enter a name. :nod:

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
For the most part I keep Link as the name. Every once in a while I will change it.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I was a lil confused on how to vote, i didnt know which was which, but i voted no after reading your OP. I always keep the name Link, he has always been link to me and always will be

*EDIT* however after being introduced to Creep Pasta, and the fact that MM is the next game on my list to make a run through, im gonna name my guy BEN

Last edited:
OK, so, sometimes I call my character Link, but sometimes I give him my name. It backfired on me once, when a character in MM started jumping up and down yelling 'Mr. Katie! Mr. Katie!'. Probably be calling my character Link from now on.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Sometimes I use my own name, sometimes I just leave it as Link. Once I am familiar with the dialogue in the game, I might change his name to something ridiculous, just to make me laugh.

N

NotDeadYet

Yes. I used Link lot's of times. I name it only two names....Zeke and Jayvon. I'm not sure why, but I love those names.

Deeds

no text
I'd normally use Deeds for my first file, then when I replay it, I'll use Link. It's only recently that I've started doing this, though, I always used to just leave it Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom