• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Lurk in SB to See if Anyone Says Bye Too You?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
meh, unintentionally I will sometimes. I mean, I end up staying on because I'm in another tab, and when I get back I read what people say after I leave. I only stay on purpose every now and then, and when I do, it's because it's a learned habit of making sure nobody is trying to talk to you and you are ignoring/can't see/hear them... or something along those lines. I mean, I don't stay just to see who cares or anything, I just don't want to seem rude or anything xD ....but most of the time I just want to leave right then and there, so I don't wait around. So, If I were to do it, it would be pretty rare.

...Finally, I can officially explain this.

Every time I say that I vanish without a trace on the SB, do vanish without a trace. I pull up another tab and do other stuff, so apparently I'm gone. But I actually keep the SB tab up for days, just to check up on it periodically. And the stuff I see... >:3 You never know when I'll be there. Because neither do I.

Also, often I'll be completely ignored in an SB convo until almost five minutes after I leave. That ticks me off like a Gary Stu, but eh.

Iiiiiin other new, I thought nobody else did this! *hugs all, including those who said they didn't, except WS because he'd bite*

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I blow in and out of the shoutbox like a summer breeze through freshly cleaned laundry.

In other words I never announce when I'm leaving OR when I jump in. Just say my two cents if the conversation interests me and then vanish when it shifts to something I'm not. ~_~ Do the same thing on Skype pretty much, I find it makes it much smoother when jumping into a conversation instead of interrupting it. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind when people do- I just personally find it easier not to.

However, if someone says hi after I jump in I try and say hello back. Same on the few occasions I've said I was leaving, it only seems polite to say thank you.... or at least I think it is.

You know you're an introvert when you're not even sure if you're doing politeness right. :(

Dan

Okay, now for a lot of you this thread wont make much sense, but for those of you with Shout Box access I was curious, do you say you are leaving and then wait to see what everyones reaction is?

For me I do now and then, but just as often just say bye and exit the screen. Just wondering. :D

Good man! You are asking the type of questions no one dares to ask, but i bet tons of people do it xD
I admit in the past I have done, it makes me sad when no one says goodbye, I'm a sensitive soul deep down.

bunny

birb overlord
Usually when I say have I to go, I mean I have to go. xD But I'll admit, I have waited a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom