• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you count all chests in the game towards 100% completion?

Trying to 100% a link between world's right now, and I was wondering, do you count all chests in the whole game as 100%ing it? Or do you just count collecting every single item and doing everything in the game besides chests. Just curious if I will have to go back and get all the chests in dungeons I've missed. Thanks!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I think we decide for ourselves what we put into 100% completing a game. For me 100% means collecting all heart pieces, getting all items and upgrades, and finishing any collection quests within the game. So for A Link Between Worlds, here's what I counted towards 100% the game for myself: Find/buy all items, upgrade all items (including lamp and butterfly net, etc), find all maiamais, collect all heart pieces. I don't personally count chests if they do not contain something of more importance than rupees.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Chests are too numerous in most cases to keep a track off so don't worry about them. Though to be fair I would if 100% keep track of chests giving 100 Rupees or more. Those i think should always count towards that 100%

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I personally think 100% completing a game includes getting every chest, especially those in temples/dungeons. That's just my preference. :)

NintendoCN

Team Captain
What about in Twilight Princess? If you don't have room in your wallet, you put the rupees back. You can still explore and open all the chests, but you wouldn't have gotten everything out of them.
Which is why I spend all my rupees before going to the next dungeon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Put simply if you don't do everything from collecting all chests to chopping down all grass, you haven't 100%ed the game.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't consider opening every chest part of 100%ing a game. At least not chests full of 20 rupees. There are so many and often very simple to find that it doesn't matter. However, if there is some puzzle required (i.e. kill all the enemies, light all the torches, etc.) I'd consider that part of it, because it's not just a matter of not looking behind a wall.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Depends on the game, but generally speaking Locke is correct, unless you're only talking about certain games you normally only count chests in dungeons as 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom