• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disney DESTROYED Marvel Comics

Wha... You can't be serious. Sigh. Whelp, I guess I'm switching to liking DC Comics exclusively. On a side note, Square-Enix had better have a talk with Disney about letting there be Marvel characters in Kingdom Hearts 3, and they better not look fruity. This is the only way that they'll retain their credibility from me.

I think it's important to look at the situation through the lens of what already exists, and what will happen to it.

Phineas and Ferb crossover? Yeah, it's for the kids, and it's going to be stupid. I'm not familiar with the show at all, but it seems like your run-of-the-mill animated Disney show, so of course there's going to be some lame moments. They brought in the Marvel guys to get the kids excited, and it probably worked. But don't judge Marvel just on the basis of some pointless cross-overs with kids shows.

If Marvel was truly being destroyed by Disney, I think at least the movies would show it. Sure, Iron Man 3 wasn't all that great, but it was hardly because Disney "destroyed" it. If anything, I'm pretty sure Marvel will go on business as usual with its movies and comic books, with next to no true intervention from Disney on that front. Disney has access to the characters now for crap like this, but as long as it doesn't destroy what Marvel is actually known for, I don't see an issue.

BUT DON'T YOU DARE SCREW UP MY STAR WARS MOVIES, DISNEY.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Disney Channel's producers hardly know what makes a good show...but that's for another topic. ;J

In regards to this subject, they are just trying to utilize their new rights to the Marvel franchise by intermixing Marvel characters with Disney characters. They probably chose Phineas and Ferb due to its popularity, which isn't a good enough reason, really, to do a spontaneous crossover.

How has the destroied marval?

It doesn't necessarily destroy Marvel, but most certainly does make Disney Channel look even stupider.

I'm still yet to understand why "mature" fans of any series are so insulted when it's brought to a younger generation. It's a kids show, right? Worse things have happened to much more credible characters for far less noble reasons. Don't tune in if you don't like the sound of it. The marvel comics will be unaffected, the marvel films will be unaffected, and all of the other marvel shows will be unaffected.

I dread to think what the reaction would be to the revelation that a Batman/Scooby-Doo crossover has already happened...

Hannah-Barbera =/= Disney. BIG DIFFERENCE there, m'kay?

Also, Phineas and Ferb is actually not all that bad. I've watched it as recently as a year or two ago, and I only stopped because I don't babysit or watch TV anymore. Having my manly Marvel guys in there just doesn't sit right with me for some reason, though. I mean, Disney has been getting worse and worse over time, and to think their purchasing [certain rights to] Marvel is all a part of this mess irks me a bit. Perhaps I might have felt differently if this thing happened back when Disney didn't suck so badly. I don't know...

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
BUT DON'T YOU DARE SCREW UP MY STAR WARS MOVIES, DISNEY.

I'm very certain that even if the new films end up being absolute masterpieces, among the best ever made, the popular thing is still going to be to hate on them for absolutely no reason at all but because people think they're supposed to to be accepted. Even if the next film scores $3 billion at the box office, gets a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and others, sweeps all the awards, most Star Wars fans are going to declare it to be one of the worst films ever made because that's what they do.

Salem

SICK
I'm very certain that even if the new films end up being absolute masterpieces, among the best ever made, the popular thing is still going to be to hate on them for absolutely no reason at all but because people think they're supposed to to be accepted. Even if the next film scores $3 billion at the box office, gets a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and others, sweeps all the awards, most Star Wars fans are going to declare it to be one of the worst films ever made because that's what they do.
If they truly turned out to be great, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be a small minority that will "hate on it".

Too many people have this "closed" mentality that partnerships between two different companies will ruin their favorite series. In fact, the opposite is probably true; with more people working on a particular project, more ideas can be created. I've always been a fan of crossovers especially since it's fun to see what certain certain characters will say or do in unfamiliar environments.

Incubus

Bring that beat back
I don't follow Marvel so know that my knowledge is limited, but it's my understanding this doesn't affect canon. As long as the writers and illustrators in charge of storylines remain the same, do these non-canonical events really influence the integrity of the comic that you like?

I hope that doesn't seem facetious, I'm genuinely interested. Like I said, I'm not involved in the comic community so I really don't have a deep understanding of how these things affect the product quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom