• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disks or Cartriges?

Disks or Cartriges?

• Disks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cartriges

• Don't Care

• Total voters

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I have had some cartriges that are 25 years old that I've collected over time. I've had some disks that break in a year.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, it all depends on what you're using the media for. If you're aiming for huge worlds and very nice HD polygon counts and textures, you're obviously going to have to go for the CD. The Nintendo DS cartridge held at max a good 512MB. However, the design flaw was that the larger the cartridge size, the slower the load screens. However, the PSP had a few gigabytes of space (I've forgotten the exact number), yet the load screens were ridiculous.

The upside about cartridges are that they're pretty much indestructible if well built, and the load times are very, very fast. Well, disc based systems are starting to work on it as well, since load screens for Nintendo based disc games are very short. However, the discs themselves are very, very destructible. So, it all determined by what is to be done, but I prefer CD for consoles, and cartridge for portable systems.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Definitely cartridges.

Disks get scratched and sometimes can't get fixed, while a dirty cartridge can almost always be fixed.
Disks save to built in memory and sometimes the memory can't be moved. Carts alway have their data on them and you can take them anywhere.
Some people say that carts can't have a good Wifi mode, (Have they played Mario Kart DS?!)
CARTRIDGES ARE NOSTALGIC

I personally prefer cartridges, only because of nostalgia, since I grew up in the NES era.
However, the gaming industry have moved on to discs for good, and for good reason. They can hold a lot more data and are a lot cheaper for game makers. I always wished that Nintendo had moved on to discs a lot sooner instead of insisting on using cartridges for the Nintendo 64, since it was one of the reasons that some developers refused to develop for the system. That led to Nintendo getting a reputation of not being for hardcore gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom