• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #005: Mystery Behind Lon Lon Ranch

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. It's obvious where Lon Lon Ranch came from, but what happened to it after Ocarina of Time? Let's begin...

Lon Lon Ranch is a farm-like ranch usually in a random open area in Hyrule Field. It keeps horses, cattle and lots and lots of plants. It appears Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time and then randomly appears in Four Swords Adventures right at the end of the split timeline where Link defeat Ganon as a child. It's named after Malon and Talon, the creators of the ranch.

When it appears for the first time in Minish Cap, nothing really important happens. Then it appears in Ocarina of Time, where you get Epona. Yet again, nothing really happens here, nothing indicates what happens afterwards either. Lon Lon Ranch dissapears in all three segments of the split timeline until Four Swords Adventures. Let's try and make some sense out of this.

In between Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time there is Four Swords, and Lon Lon Ranch doesn't appear in that. Maybe it's meant to be like that, or Lon Lon Ranch got closed down for awhile. After Ocarina of Time it must of closed down, except if Link defeats Ganon as a child. That's the only explanation.

To back up that, in the segment of the timeline where Link defeats Ganon as a child, there's links to Lon Lon Ranch in those games. In that segment there's Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adentures. In Majora's Mask Link isn't even in Hyrule, he's in Termina which is the twin realm of Hyrule. There's a place there that's called Romani Ranch, which must be twinned with Lon Lon Ranch, but still doesn't indicate what happened to Lon Lon. Maybe the aliens that attacked Romani Ranch destroyed Lon Lon Ranch beforehand.

Later on in Twilight Princess, there's a huge link to Lon Lon Ranch. Ordon Ranch. Ordon Ranch could possibly be Lon Lon Ranch and Lon Lon never actually shut down. But then where's Malon and Talon in Twilight Princess? Well, their names are very similar to Malo and Talo, so perhaps the Ordonians are descendants of Malon and Talon. The location on the maps doesn't match up though, but you have to remember that Hyrule changed after Ocarina of Time.

Finally after that Lon Lon Ranch does actually appear in Four Swords Adventures which means it is still there. In my opinion, I think that Lon Lon Ranch was there the whole time, I think Ordon Ranch is Lon Lon Ranch. Anyway, post what you think below! Thanks for reading! Bye!

- GreenGyser :chu:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
But then where's Malon and Talon in Twilight Princess? Well, their names are very similar to Malo and Talo, so perhaps the Ordonians are descendants of Malon and Talon.

Wow, o_0 I never actually noticed that. I wonder if this is just a nudge by Nintendo or if it actually means something. I don't believe that Ordon Ranch is Lon Lon. Common, there has to be more that one ranch in the world right?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wow, o_0 I never actually noticed that. I wonder if this is just a nudge by Nintendo or if it actually means something. I don't believe that Ordon Ranch is Lon Lon. Common, there has to be more that one ranch in the world right?

One would think so, but zelda has a tendency of doing ONE thing, one volcano, one river, one desert, etc

I believe that yes, Ordon is built upon Lon Lon, I don't think it just reverted back to Lon Lon in FSA, FSA seems to take place in a different Hyrule, so it could be a different ranch

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
This could very well be true, especially since a farm could be a family buisness. Plus, given how many parallels Twilight Princess has to Ocarina of Time, I wouldn't be surprised if Nntendo was trying to connect the two. However, like Twilight Deku mentioned earlier, there could very well be other ranches outside Lon Lon/ Ordon Ranch.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I doubt the Ordon Ranch is Lon Lon Ranch because of geographical problems. Lon Lon is just south of Hyrule Castle and in the middle of Hyrule Field. Ordon Ranch is very very far away from Hyrule Castle and is not in Hyrule Field. Good theory, but it just doesn't fit.

I thought it was obvious..if Link were to settle down with a girl from Hyrule, it would have to be Malon.
-It can't be Zelda; that much is obvious
-And it can't be any Sage: including Saria, Nabooru, and Ruto

So I believe if Link were to get married, it would be with Malon. And since then, they could've expanded the ranch, explaining why Link starts out in Ordan Ranch in Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom