• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #003: Is Fado Mido's Sister?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
It should be established, first, what sort of relation the Kokiri have with each other- physical (by blood), emotional (they all care for each other enough to be siblings) or religious (they are all made by the same creator, therefore are all realtied to one another.)

If you think they are physically related to each other, you believe the Kokiri are all genetically related. This does make sense, but I think it's a too literal view to take in a Kokiri-like society. Plus, they are not mature enough to reproduce in the physical sense, so I doubt they can truly be realtied by blood. And if they are all blood-related, then they are all related to each other in a sibling kind of way.

The way I take it is that they are emotionally or religiously siblings, which emotional more heavily implied between Fado and Mido. I am a Christian and we are all considered God's children, which means everyone is your brother and sister in a spiritual sense- even your parents. The same view could be applied to the Kokiri as they are all given life by the Great Deku Tree, which makes them his children. Having said that, I think the specific siblinghood the Kokiris have for certain others of their group is more an emotional thing that anything. when I was little, I was so friendly with a friend of mine that I eventually considered her my cousin, even though we weren't blood related. The same thing could be true with Fado and Mido. They may not be blood related, but Fado could still consider him her older brother because she looks up to him.

In conclusion, In think that Fado and Mido could consider themselves siblings, which may make them siblings, even if they do not share blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom