• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Did You Notice?

P

PrinceofDarknes

Did anyone else notice that the white sword in LOZ original looks like the Master Sword? :hmm:

The White Sword from the original LoZ is a sword exclusive to that game. The starter sword (Hero's Blade?) is to Kokiri Blade. White Sword is completly skipped in OoT, and the Magic Sword is the Master Sword. Although, they do not look alike at all. Then again, the MS in ALttP looks nothing like the MS from TWW, so I geuss it is still possible. In MC, the starter blade is the Picori Blade. When you give it to the Minish Blacksmith on Mt. Crenel, he turns it into the White Sword. Which is soposed to be a reference to the White Sword from LoZ. When you put all the elements into it, it becomes the Four Sword. So MC's swords are soposed to be reminicent to the LoZ swords. But no, White Sword from LoZ looks nothing like the Master Sword.
WhiteSword.png
http://zeldawiki.org/images/c/ca/Master_Sword_WW.png

^ Is the White Sword on the Left, and the Master Sword on the Right.

i noticed that too! although here's proof that the white sword nor the magic sword are the master sword: the old man has it. if it was the master sword then how did the old man get it out of the pedestal of time? i think that prooves that it is not the blade of evils bane. design-wise, i think the master sword was based off of the white sword.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Good idea their Vember....but yet, this was THE FIRST zelda made, I don't think nentendo had already planned every liitle story wise detail about the pedestal. But no....I do not think that it is the master sword, nintendo would have named it that, but if it was...they would have named the master sword, the White Sword, so no. I do not think it is the master sword.

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
The Master Sword in the game has a red handle. Mases incorrectly calls it a Magical Sword. :D

Heh. actually, if you wait awhile in the start screen, it will scroll to the backstory of the game, and the name of all the items. the magic sword is indeed the sword found in the graveyard.

I wanna say that the instruction booklet referred to it as the Master Sword?
Where does it say that? On page 19 are all swords: Sword->White Sword->Magical Sword
Rupees are called Rubies in it ^^
But I can't find any mention of the mastersword, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom