• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Did You Enjoy the Triforce Hunt?

Did you enjoy the Triforce hunt in the WW?

• YES!!! LOVED IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was enjoyable, but not my favorite part of the game.

• It is ok. I don't enjoy it though.

• HATE IT! This is the reason i don't replay this game!

• Total voters

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Simple Question! Did you enjoy or did you not enjoy the triforce hunt in the Wind Waker?

This is something I LOVED in the game! (well i love the whole game....) I loved the adventure, the whole working again to prove your the hero again, it was like an over world dungeon, your rupees are worth something.

I know alot of people don't like it because it was boring. Well you dont have to do it all at once. You can do parts inbetween each dungeon. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I thought it was a fun thing! It wasn't my fav part of the game but I liked it. First gathering the charts and then make them readable by Tingle and then the hunt! It was pretty cool

Djinn

and Tonic
I am a little mixed on it, at first I do like the treasure hunt. Especially so since I like a treasure hunt in general anyway. But I do not like it a the expense of a dungeon. Overall Wind Waker was a shorter than normal game and I was not too happy with a large treasure hunt sequence added in instead of having a dungeon to take on as usual. It just makes for a much shorter experience and leave the player wondering if they missed something fairly important somewhere.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
No, to be honest. I found it tedious having to sail all over the Great Sea, even with the aid of Cyclos's whirlwind-warp method. It was a good way to lengthen the game, but coupled with hunting for Rupees for Tingle the entire thing went way too long for me. However, I didn't mind the chance to explore pretty much all the islands. Without the Triforce Hunt and the activities before it, the game wouldn't have gone off much longer than it did.

The Triforce hunt was probably my least favorite part of WW(or parts). It was extremely tedious because you have to go back and forth to Tingle's Island(warping doesn't help that much) and overall I didn't find it fun.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The first time I played the Wind Waker, I did not like this part of the game that much. I was just idling around and not playing the game that much till I forced myself to get through it. However, when I replayed the game, it wasn't that bad. Probably because I explored more the second time around, allowing me to get all the wallet upgrades and I saved up money do decipher the charts to that portion of the game would go quicker.

The pro about this part of the game is that we, as the players, get to explore much more of the Great Sea than what is required to complete the game. There are a lot of small, neat islands that are cool to explore, especially since we have the majority of items at this point in the game. That being said, I would have preferred 3 dungeons or so to collect the Triforce of Courage parts instead (like 3 being hidden in the first one, 3 in the second one, and 2 in the last one). The best part about this is that these 3 dungeons can be totally non-linear, as opposed to the rest of the game, which was rather linear. This would have given us more chance to get items and fight bosses.

The Triforce hunt was a great addititon to the game and I loved it!

Firstly, it gave the player a reason to explore the Great Sea. One of my biggest complaints for TP is that its overworld was expansive and vast, but it was as empty and baron as the Gerudo Desert. There was absoloutley nothing to do other then collect the Golden Bugs. I literally spent 2 hours wandering around Hyrule Field on Epona trying to find something to do and I simply couldn't find anything. It was a huge dissapointment to me and its something that Wind Waker excelled in. In Wind Waker, you can't argue that the overworld is too big, but atleast there is stuff to do in it. Each square had a unique island with a puzzle to overcome and accomplish or an island that added to the storyline. Every single island was included and that's something that I loved. Sailing around and finding those islands and discovering what you could do on them was one of the most memorable parts in Wind Waker. I would of explored the whole sea on my own but the fact that the game gave you a reason to was pretty clever, and in my opinion, better then simply having a final dungeon.

Secondly, it included Tingle into the game! He's short, fat, wered, a little creepy, but you all know you love him deep down (very deep) somewhere in your heart. Tingle never really shined as a character until Wind Waker gave him his spotlight that he rightfully deserved since Majoras Mask. It was pretty neat how you freed Tingle early in the game, thinking that he didn't matter anymore and it was a little easter egg, but then he came around nearing the end of the game and had a pretty important part in Link obtaining the Triforce.

Lastly, this was the first time in any Zelda game where your rupees actually mattered. Many of you probably complain about this but to me, this is the part that was incredible and was really innovative for a Zelda game. Since OoT I always wondered why your rupees never really did anything and I always wished that Nintendo would include them in some part of the game. Well, I finally got my wish with Wind Waker. This Triforce Hunt gave rupees a purpose in the game which was long needed in Zelda. I'm happy that Wind Waker started this and even more happy that Skyward Sword continued and improved on the system.

I could go on and on about why I loved this part in the game, but I'll stop with those three reasons. I really think people jump to conclusions about this part of the game and don't really give it a chance. Nobody can force you to like it, and it's all a matter of what you prefer in a Zelda game. All I ask is that if you hate it, perhaps play it again and give it a second chance :).

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I enjoyed it somewhat. It did take a good bit of time and I loved having to go search around looking for the maps on the various islands, the ghost ship, etc. The only part I could say that I dislike was having to go see Tingle everytime to get him to translate the map and, of course, everytime that I had to do so I had to pay him a whopping amount of rupees. I actually remember there being parts in the game that I had to wait until I got a whole lot of rupees first before I took the map to him knowing that he was going to require that HUGE amount of rupees.

Yes, I will admit that it did add a bit of necessity to having such a large wallet, but quite frankly, it annoyed me greatly. >.<

But other than that, I did enjoy looking for the maps and finding the pieces of the triforce. It was fun. :)

Kybyrian

The Triforce Hunt was okay, but not something that I particularly enjoyed. I didn't view it as a daunting, boring task that I would have to trudge through in order to complete the game. The Wind Waker was my second favorite Zelda game, and this didn't put much of a damper on it. The game itself was so amazing that it would be dumb to let something like that keep me from pushing forward for completion. It gave you a use for your humongous wallet with rupees just falling out of pockets, though I thought it was a sort of uncreative way to do such a thing. It didn't do anything to really help the game's image, but it wasn't detrimental to it either.

Last edited:
I did enjoy it. I think that all the rumors of being able to physically obtain the Triforce in OoT played some part in having this included in WW, so for those people who believed some of those rumors or simply wished they could obtain the Triforce in-game, this satisfied those people's needs. It felt rewarding to actually go and find the Triforce rather than it being given to you or having you to just "have" it. It gave the relic more meaning.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Yes I enjoyed it. Definitely not my favorite part of the game, but I did like searching and finding and bringing up from the water and opening the chests. Lots of fun! And finding all the rupees in the pots too! So rich! :cool:

I had too much coffee this morning. o_O

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I certainly don't think Wind Waker would be the same without it. I remember it's one of the things that gave me a reason to explore a little more and sort of made me see how curiosity would often hold a reward. It was tedious the first time, having to look for the charts, getting the rupees for Tingle to solve them (always takes me forever) and then finding the pieces.

Fast forward to a few years later when I actually started doing it without being hell-bent on just finishing the game and enjoying the travelling instead, probably taking a detour on the way to get rupees or do sidequests I had forgotten last time. I came to the point where I'd just do random things for fun in every island, like killing enemies with arrows from really far away, using a seagull to check around every island with a hyoi pear, or bombing Beedle's ship shop (I wonder what that thing is made of, it sure takes a beating).

Basically, it turns really nice if you're not in a hurry. I guess it sort of turned me into more of a completionist than I was before playing it, and most importantly: it made me more appreciative of the adventure/exploration aspect in a way. I'd be lying if I said Tingle's prices don't **** me off, though. :<

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, I think it was ok. It's not my favorite part of the game, but it was ok. It was too much frustration with trying to get one place to other to collect all the triforce. It got pretty mad when I got Rupees instead of a Piece of Triforce.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hated it all, no reason for it to exist. The Triforce Hunt was only there for fans to scream their vocal cords into an oblivion, nothing more. Obtaining the ToC was cool, sure, but the process was tedious and boring.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I've found that if you don't like sailing around and exploring the map, then you won't Like the triforce fetch quest.

I Liked it because It gave me a reason to explore the whole ocean (granted, my father did more of that than I did, we even made a chart with what was in each square, like towers.)
I liked Wind Waker because there was something to discover on every Island for the most part, and the hunt Was to give players a chance to explore if they wanted to,imo.

It probably could've been executed differently, Hiding shards in dungeons, Less expensive, etc.
The nice thing is, You don't have to do it all at once. And you can start early if you wanted too.

The fetch quest is annoying to speed runners but its fun for those who like exploring and saving the world at a leisurely pace.
At least, That's how I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom