• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you check Kirino btw
because I said I was going to check funnygurl because
there's a world where funny can just kill Kirino so that Kirino doesn't out her

I mean, if she's godfather, I can't really do anything about this, but if she's not, it still wins the game and this is supposed to help solve the game as much as possible

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
tell me why I should think you're obviously not mafia
because I don't have that opinion that you're obviously not mafia atm
Ok. So generally when I'm Mafia it's hard for me to replicate my townie confusion, I'll also typically not shy away from making the most outlandish cases to force a mislynch, and if you look at the last few days I haven't done that. Day 3 I wanted to lynch either Zinger or Storm, as scum I'd never put both of my scumbuds as lynch options, maybe one, not both of them.

Also if you know how I play the night actions are absolutely not in line with my logic of playing. I don't want the scum team to take this a knock, but my top lynch priority in early game regardless of roles would be Minish, Sun, Rubik, and Kirino, probably in that order. The N3 kill is also not how I would have went about things, I would have had Storm block Rubik and I would have killed you Sun. Yeah, the argument could be made that if I was scum I could have made those kills to try and wifom, but anyone who knows me would know I tend to go with practicality and logic over mind games.

I also would have made a kill last night if I was scum, because the odds of me being tracked by Kirino are extremely low, there is absolutely no reason why I wouldn't make a kill last night if I was scum.

And in the event none of that convinces you, and if someone makes some super great post that casts so much shade on me somehow, I'm also very content to be an info lynch because I am town, lol. I don't think the remaining Mafioso would try that though because it'd be a futile attempt, but if they did it'd be so great and humerous, ha!

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the fact that storm hit rubik suggests that either the third mafia has a targeting role (ie: they're a tailor and not a godfather), that they were very afraid of being tracked (i think storm was the most likely to be tracked that night so this doesn't make sense), that the third mafioso was inactive and storm had no choice but to do the hit themselves (i think everyone was active at this point but with a 24 hour night its easy for there to be gaps), or that there was a catastrophic disagreement within the mafia team (possible given what storm said in thread). There may be other possibilities i'm neglecting but it was a very strange turn of events.

I don't know what townie confusion is and if you had particularly assertive scummates i would expect you to largely go along with whatever they suggested in terms of night actions, and so i don't think the night actions clear you.

I don't think the lack of kill last night is optimal from any player's perspective. anyone but kirino would have been better off killing kirino and kirino would have been better off killing sun, probably.

unlike what sun said i think the optimal play here is to keep passing until sun checks everyone or mafia makes a kill. That slows down the game a lot so i don't know if people would be alright with it, but it is probably what gives town the highest chance of winning.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
the fact that storm hit rubik suggests that either the third mafia has a targeting role (ie: they're a tailor and not a godfather), that they were very afraid of being tracked (i think storm was the most likely to be tracked that night so this doesn't make sense), that the third mafioso was inactive and storm had no choice but to do the hit themselves (i think everyone was active at this point but with a 24 hour night its easy for there to be gaps), or that there was a catastrophic disagreement within the mafia team (possible given what storm said in thread). There may be other possibilities i'm neglecting but it was a very strange turn of events.

I don't know what townie confusion is and if you had particularly assertive scummates i would expect you to largely go along with whatever they suggested in terms of night actions, and so i don't think the night actions clear you.

I don't think the lack of kill last night is optimal from any player's perspective. anyone but kirino would have been better off killing kirino and kirino would have been better off killing sun, probably.

unlike what sun said i think the optimal play here is to keep passing until sun checks everyone or mafia makes a kill. That slows down the game a lot so i don't know if people would be alright with it, but it is probably what gives town the highest chance of winning.
So a no lynch basically

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
thats what i believe is the optimal strategy

Ragnarokio

if they have a godfather then by the time sun checks everyone we'll know nobody is cleared by sun and otherwise be back to where we started

if they have a tailor then if they're not tailoring or hitting sun will eventually find them otherwise if they're tailoring but not hitting kirino will eventually find them

there is some reason to believe they have a tailor because it sort of explains the results of night 3, and as long as mafia isn't hitting its a free move to check for the existence of a tailor (although its a free move that potentially takes a few weeks irl to perform)

if the last mafioso is a tailor and not a godfather this loses them the game so in theory if we committed to doing this they would just surrender instead of being obstinate and waiting it out but you never know

Ragnarokio

the exception being if sun or kirino are both a tailor and the last mafioso in which case this doesn't win us the game

Ragnarokio

Vote: No Lynch

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think SMS no kills here as scum.

I think sunfan could potentially because if he's scum he can't nk himself, who would be the obvious nk choice. He'd have to kill me and then be under scrutiny for not dying. However I think maybe if sunfan is scum he'd maybe kill me over Rubik if he's trying to pull the long con. Because once Rubik is dead I'm basically confirmed, but vice versa isn't necessarily true (though it looks good for Rubik). Sure Rubik was rolestopper but if he trusts sunfan there's a good chance he might use his ability on him the next night and then sunfan can kill him then.

I'm not killing sunfan today though.

@The Sun Fan do you think FG no kills here?

My most likely suspect for a no kill is probably Kirino. I think if FG is scum she probably just kills anyways because no matter what Kirino would say he tracked her to the kill.

Ragnarokio

I think sunfan could potentially because if he's scum he can't nk himself, who would be the obvious nk choice.

you're almost as good and kirino is better probably, since sunfan's role is probably dead and kirino's isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom