• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to say Zinger, I'm not locked in on you being scum, because there are doubts in the back of my mind about both Rubik and SMS (moreso SMS)

There's a chance I've royally screwed the pooch this game by targeting tailored players

there is room for you to be town, I just don't think I can get away from killing you today

this only just not occurred to me, but if I were mafia and my teammate's kill didn't go through n1, I'd probably not be in favor of sending that dude again on n2
that could certainly explain why you wouldn't make a kill on n2

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I also have doubts about Zinger being scum. I can make a case for basically everyone being town and everyone being scum.

But, tbh your NLP is boning you here Zinger. Because it just lines up well with you being scum.

2) I mean like... ok. Pretend for a second I'm town. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do other than kill you because of this. I'm not the biggest fan of just blindly following Occam's Razor but like...
can you give me an instance where you did actually prevent a mafia/serial killer kill on n1 when you were the doctor who was specifically targeting someone who a vigilante would target? What do you do if you stop an actual vigilante from shooting someone who is squarely in the POE?
Not off the top of my head, I can't. I don't have a lexicon of past games, and memory isn't my strong suit unless I am learning lines for a play or learning rules for a game.

But I will say as to your what is I stopped a vigilante point: honestly, vigilantes who fire shots N1 are just as bad as SKs and almost always hit Town. Stopping one of them is just as pro-town as stopping an SK or Mafia hit in my book. And targeting someone who people were obviously gunning for the previous day (as evident by the voting) is a good way to increase your odds of successfully protecting someone in any event.

I'm willing to have a conversation with you on the presupposition that you're town, sure, regardless of whether my thoughts say otherwise.

3) I know that if you're town that you don't know what happened with your n1. I'm not asking you to tell me what happened because I know its likely an impossible ask if you're town. I'm just asking you to respond, I guess.
Respond to what, though? To try and guess at what happened? I have. I have suggested Strongman, Roleblocking, or even a double hit (SK and Mafia both hit Mido). I don't think there are any other possible options, but I could be wrong. I admit, some of those (Strongman N1 use) seems like a bad and unlikely play.

4) Depends on whether the assumptions are right or not, I suppose. I had quite a strong case of culture clash when I first played here, I still think a lot of things here (such as Millers knowing they are millers) is quite ridiculous, and I've tried to tone down assuming what will happen because of more experience with communities that I am less familiar with compared to my home...(s...?)
Yeah. Same. In general, I do well on NGA, but that doesn't mean I will also do well here (though I have made it to Day 3 so yay?). But also, I am a better designer than I am a player. I'm always a big picture kinda guy. I struggle to see the little pictures that are often required when playing. This is commentary that has no bearing on our current situation though. Not unwelcome commentary, just not necessarily useful either.

5) You can be with Kirino, for starters. Your NLP makes it so that you must be telling the truth about not targeting, or you've decided to break it, which isn't worth really talking about, so I'll just accept it at face value. You have to admit that your NLP is not doing you any favors here.
My NLP is not doing me any favours here, no. I haven't played in open setups very often, and in fact this game has made me question whether or not to play in open setups (or at least with my NLP) in the future.

If I were scum, a scum team of me and Kirino probably makes sense in your eyes, sure. Heck, I'm not sure that Kirino isn't scum along with you and Rubik, it would make a lot of sense, given his hesitation to claim, and the convenience of his claim supporting Rubik's. Like, the whole thing falls apart if you and rubik and kirino are scumbros and one of you is a tailor or you are a godfather. Nothing that we've "confirmed" is confirmed at all with a Rubik/Sun/Kirino team. Kirino is not out of the woods at all, no matter which way you slice it. Rubik and Kirino both being last to claim is also not unnoticed.

I don't know the role layout of the mafia team, so I can't really explain why you wouldn't deliver the night KP, but I think you're slightly misunderstanding what I'm talking about here. I'm not talking about you specifically going and killing Moe, but rather, you saying to your team that you think its a good idea. I do not labor under the misapprehension that only a single mafia member makes the nightkill, but I am saying its more likely for a team with you on it to make what was honestly a pretty respectable kill last night. A Goon isn't always the best person to send to make a nightkill, happens all the time to be honest.
Okay, but like, in most setups he who performs the mafia kill doesn't also get to use their abilities, yeah? Operating under that assumption, not sending the Goon means you either have more than one Goon (unlikely if the Town has so many power roles), or giving up firing your Tailor/Roleblock/What have you. Right?

I dunno. It just doesn't make sense to me. SMS' statement that it was done to frame me makes a lot MORE sense. And in a world where you're arguing that the most logical thing is to kill me, why are you ignoring that the most logical answer as to why Moe died is to frame me?

maybe you can try to find the third after Rubik and I from your perspective

there's a good chance that whoever you try to pair us with* is a lot more killable today than either of us
This is a fair point.

There is no future where I convince enough people to lynch Sun or Rubik today, but ALL OF US seem to suspect Kirino.

Can we at least lynch Kirino toDay instead and then re-assess whether I am scum or Sun is scum tomorrow? Please?

I don't personally dislike a Kirino lynch.
Which makes me uneasy, given I've implied Kirino could be your 3rd mate in a reality where you and Sun are scum, but at this point, I can't afford to look a gifthorse in the mouth for survival reasons.

I claimed last because my role could potentially trap people into admitting a falsehood and I had a green check on me.
I know that, and that makes total sense from a Town Rubik Rolestopper scenario.

But it also makes sense from a Mafia Rubik wanting to wait to craft a believable fake-claim senario. One that could be corroborated by potential scumbud Kirino prior to you making it.

You being fine with a Kirino lynch makes that supposition iffy though, and I am now wondering if I am walking into lynching Kirino who flips Town only to then chain lynch town me tomorrow and Mafia wins.

I hate this.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't terribly mind a Zinger lynch today. Minish is confirmed town, and so is Rubik; while it'd normally be possible that he tried to NK Minish, there's just no one else the protective role could be at this point. Sun is less certain without a Rag kill, but lynching him now would be madness. SMS is also uncertain as long as a godfather and tailor are possibilities, and I admit that I still feel uncomfortable about him. So while there are legitimate doubts about some of the confirmed townies, and though I might still prefer to kill Rag, it makes sense to look for scum in between Zinger, Storm, FG, and I.

I know I'm town, so that leaves the other three, who may very well make up a scum team together. Storm attempting to hammer FG does seem to go against that, but his behavior is often inexplicable, and it could have been a ploy. Zinger seems to be the only one people are considering now (besides me), and I think there are very good odds of him being scum. Even if we're wrong, there's tomorrow to try again. If the scum team really is those three, then we've easily won, even if I get lynched.

The obvious worry, of course, is that Rag, and/or Sun, and/or SMS are scum. If we were to kill Rag, it'd at least let us know Rag's alignment, and basically confirm Sun, if not SMS, giving us a much clearer picture. But it's obvious that's not going to happen at this point. I do think it's completely certain that there's at least 1 scum, and quite likely 2-3 scum, between Zinger, Storm, and FG.

I also think it's extremely unlikely that Rag and Sun are on a scum team together, if only because they haven't been counterclaimed, which is largely why I think Rag's death would clear Sun. If I had to pick which one is more likely to be scum, it'd easily be Rag, as her claim is more convenient and her role seems less likely.

I'll almost certainly end up voting for Zinger by EoD given the alternative, but I'd rather hold off on voting this early for obvious reasons.

Also, assuming I survive today, is there a consensus on how I should use my role?

Someone tell me how stupid a no lynch is here so I don't consider it.

Thanks.

well, we're on an odd number, so its pretty bad
mafia seems to have only a single kill, so it costs town a kill to learn... probably not very much considering that checks don't really have any meaning until we start flipping some mafia roles

well, we're on an odd number, so its pretty bad
mafia seems to have only a single kill, so it costs town a kill to learn... probably not very much considering that checks don't really have any meaning until we start flipping some mafia roles
not to mention that, if its a scumteam of 3, it puts us in mylo

What do the numbers look like tomorrow if we No Lynch? Assuming Mafia gets a kill, which, I think it's a bad assumption to make to assume otherwise...

Right now there are 9 of us, and presumably 3 of them scum (33%). If we No Lynch we're down to 8 and 3 scum (37.5%). If we do lynch and are right then it's down to 7 and 2 scum (28.5%), and if we do lynch and are wrong it's 7 and 3 (42.8%).

Obviously, the worse outcome for Town is mislynching today, but that only puts us a small 5.3% above the ratio of if we no lynch, so not much better? Tomorrow is still Mylo/Lylo either way.

If we can lynch scum today, that puts us in a good position tomorrow, but that requires scum to be lynched today which... I am not confident of our chances given that at least 50% of the proposed wagons at the moment are me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SunFan's openwolfing like he's not got a stain of scum on him.

All these people are acting like they are somehow confirmed town because an unconfirmed claimed cop said so. It baffles me to no end.

But alright, if you want to go along with this charade, lynch me. Just promise me when I flip town, those of you townies that are left go after those unconfirmed sketchy ass cops.

Rag, your willingness to lynch yourself *probably* exonerates you in my eyes. Though, without the followthrough it falls a bit flat, but given how many of y'all are acting openly scummy, I find it unlikely that you're scum. SunFan is probably the scum Godfather, though, given how he came out swinging at me for being the only one to point out consistently that all these pseudo confirms are not really confirmed. Also, just look at how surprised SunFan reacted to being GreenChecked by Rag. It's honestly the most "oh wow, i'm confirmed town? What terrible things can I do with this new power? HOW BOUT CLAIM FULL COP" reaction I've ever seen.

SunFan, Rubik, and SMS are probably the scum team, and the godfather Sun gave us their names on a platter and we're doing nothing about it because we all believe they're ****ing town.

I can't even with this game.
This post screams openwolf though and doesn't help your case. You weren't suspicious of me yesterday, and I haven't even suggested I intend to vote you yet so what caused the change, why me now and not Min like you were pushing yesterday? Where does Storm fit into things for you, you said you agreed he seemed scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom