• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinger, you're the one that has seemed super scummy by the extreme insistence of lynching Rag. Like town actually takes time to consider things unless there's just a confirmed red check. And even then you discuss who else is scum.
Can you point to a single instance where I have suggested a course of action that wasn't properly thought out? No, you cannot.

I have insisted lynching Rag, but not because it wasn't a properly thought out course of action. I'm not even voting Rag, I'm trying to convince the other town players that this is the correct course of action. I don't rush into things unthinkingly.

is this that OMGUS that rag was talking about Zinger being the king of (though he may not be happy to hear it, if I recall)?

Anyways, Zinger, no, no part of my case is built upon your reaction to the greenchecks/claims. Its all based on which theory I believe more: you being the mafia goon versus you being the town doctor

you targeting mido n1 and no one n2 makes not very much sense to me compared to you (potentially) targeting minish n1 and no one n2, among some other things

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Can you point to a single instance where I have suggested a course of action that wasn't properly thought out? No, you cannot.

I have insisted lynching Rag, but not because it wasn't a properly thought out course of action. I'm not even voting Rag, I'm trying to convince the other town players that this is the correct course of action. I don't rush into things unthinkingly.

Maybe voting Moe for like 2 days straight and then just yelling about people not wanting to lynch Rag.

You made a fuss about me asking her to remove her vote. Which shouldn't have mattered, because I was literally trying to stop an early hammer if Rag is town.

Sun, you are not confirmed town, but you're acting like you are. That is scummy behaviour. It's not OMGUS, it's an accurate observation.

You made a fuss about me asking her to remove her vote. Which shouldn't have mattered, because I was literally trying to stop an early hammer if Rag is town.
Because Rag's vote against herself was an important indicator of how to read her in this situation. It was the one saving grace making me unsure of how she would actually flip.

Asking her to remove her vote did nothing. If her vote was putting her at risk of an early hammer it would have happened before you asked.

Sun, you are not confirmed town, but you're acting like you are. That is scummy behaviour. It's not OMGUS, it's an accurate observation.

I'm shrugging irl.
I don't particularly think I've acted like I'm confirmed town this game at any point. I guess I don't even really know what that means to be honest.

Let me just make this a bit more... easy for me to understand. I'm going to quote a post of mine, and I'd like you to respond to it, so that I can understand your criticisms of my case on eliminating you today.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't think sun is confirmed town, but his play makes me pretty willing to consider it an extremely likely eventuality.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Because Rag's vote against herself was an important indicator of how to read her in this situation. It was the one saving grace making me unsure of how she would actually flip.

Asking her to remove her vote did nothing. If her vote was putting her at risk of an early hammer it would have happened before you asked.

It's really not. She had already voted herself, she's talked this whole time about the logistics of lynching her. Her vote staying there meant nothing.

And nah, if Rag is town and Storm is scum, scum still needs just one more town on board before they can hammer. Which could have happened if someone wasn't paying close enough attention.

I am accepting Minish as town btw
she couldn't be any more town to me if I had a greencheck on her
that n1 stuff with rubik stopping actions on Minish is too promising; it makes too much sense as to what actually happened compared to the alternative
which is why I strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly believe that Zinger is scum because his action is significantly more likely to have failed as a result of rubik stopping all actions on minish, as opposed to his doctor failing on mido.

I often make mistakes in mafia based on assuming how people will act with their roles. It is a hole in my game that I am trying to do better about patching up. The following will appear hypocritical as a result, but I cannot fathom Zinger targeting Mido n1. It gets even harder to fathom once you consider that the only ways this could be rectified is by mafia either strongmanning mido, which I consider to be like... a superbly bad decision by the mafia team if that happened, or by the mafia team roleblocking Zinger n1, which I will grant is plausible, but I still have a very hard time rectifying this because Zinger still would have had to target Mido n1, and no one n2 for this.

I'm falling into the trap of taking Zinger's claims at face value even further here by saying that Zinger, when he is talking about why he didn't submit his n2 action, is talking about the mafia team deliberating over who to kill n2, which I do suspect was a difficult choice for them in the world that their kill n1 was blocked, as Rag becomes the likely n2 target for any saving role, which they know is likely to exist now. Him saving no one n2 would normally make me believe his claim more, because I don't think mafia often lie about that when making a fakeclaim, but I think he's priced himself into it at this point.

I suspected that a team with Zinger would be a lot more likely to kill Moe, and I know SMS was suspicious of people saying this, but I stand by it because I believe it is true. Moe is a good player (don't @ me) and he would be a good kill there given the chaos that mafia team would have to deal with in determining whether or not they could target certain players. It really makes a lot of sense for Zinger to kill Moe there given Moe was on his case, but was a safe target to get rid of in the night.

I suspect that the mafia team does not have a JOAT, as they would have spent it night 2 on rag, I imagine.
(EDIT: The bit here at the end might not be true given what I now remember about the rolestopper)

Could you respond to this, Zinger?

I rather hope there is a Tailor for the mafia
having to deal with a full cop is bad enough, and if rag is town, that's ever more frustrating

It's really not. She had already voted herself, she's talked this whole time about the logistics of lynching her. Her vote staying there meant nothing.
Talk means nothing. Actions mean everything. Her talk is not anymore of an indication of her intentions, because what she says is what she would have said if she were scum pretending to be town with a self-lynch ploy.

And yeah, okay, if we accept that Storm was scum and Rag was Town then your assessment was correct, but that was far from a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom