• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think much of an argument has even been made against me, aside from my claim being "convenient." But basically any tracker result I gave would've been "convenient" and appeared easy to fake by the time I claimed, since we already knew almost everyone's alignment and the actions taken by town PRs. If I'd targeted SMS and Rag (who I was apparently "supposed" to target), it'd be "convenient" that I targeted someone with no PR and someone who'd already claimed.

In a game like this, where vanillas are known to exist, wouldn't it be more convenient for me to just claim vanilla? Rather than trying a gambit I'd already tried with other players in this thread (who would obviously be paranoid), and placing myself under even more scrutiny be allowing my tracking result to be tested?

Even if you think I'm scum, it makes sense to lynch Rag (who could also very well be scum) first. After that, I suspect I'll be lynched tomorrow and the game will be lost, unless people agree on a way to confirm me.

I do think it's funny that FG, who just popped in to say she's vanilla and then dipped, received basically no scrutiny or notice while my claim is being hyperanalyzed. Makes me think I should've fake claimed vanilla instead of my actual role.

SMS you yourself said they probably shot Moe to frame me, which I am willing to buy, except why would they do that OVER shooting a claimed 1-shot cop who they knew was planning to fire her shot Night 2? It does not make sense unless Rag is scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Can everyone just hold off on voting. Did a lot of thinking in the shower and there's some stuff I need to go back and piece together tonight. Gonna bust out the laptop later so you know it's serious detective work.

@Zinger2099 can you lie about your targets?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Apparently I've been your top scum read for a while, and you only decide to bring it up now?

I don't follow. Are you saying roleblocker will target me?
You've been my top read since day started, which is a relatively short period of time. My previous top scum read was Squid, who I lynched.

If I target sun, your action on him will fail.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
What am I missing here? Why did Rag not die? Why did they shoot Moe over Rag? Help me out.
Because Rag was a pretty obvious protective target and I think a pretty obvious target for a scum roleblock as well. If rag had been roleblocked, Rag would have been lynched today with no info gained most likely, but my role was uniquely equipped to prevent anything from interfering.

@Zinger2099 can you lie about your targets?
No.

I have one exception in my NLP. It pertains to alignment only. By extension, it would cover anything that is Alignment Indicative. So, if we were playing in a game in which only one alignment had targeting abilities, then in that game targets would fall into the exception rule but not in any others in general.

Anything that is alignment indicative is not protected by my NLP. If a statement is not alignment indicative, it is covered by it.

In this case, no. I cannot lie about my targets without breaching my NLP.

Because Rag was a pretty obvious protective target and I think a pretty obvious target for a scum roleblock as well. If rag had been roleblocked, Rag would have been lynched today with no info gained most likely, but my role was uniquely equipped to prevent anything from interfering.
Right, sorry I somehow missed that you targeted Rag Night 2.

But why would the scum team avoid hitting Rag unless they knew you were going to do that?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I agree Storm is likely scum. I've thought he was scum ever since he tried to sneak in with a fast hammer on FG.

I just think Rag is still the safer lynch today. Rag is either scum or Town that ostensibly confirms a full cop for us (baring Tailor shenanigans). That's a win-win scenario. You don't get those in Mafia very often.

And why am I the only one who is as suspicious of Rag as I am? Y'all let 1-shot cop claims made under duress that don't offer scum on a plater ride to Lylo in the ZD meta often or what? That's like the dumbest **** I ever seen.
Rag was the smart lynch at the beginning of the day. If we hadn't full claimed I'd have continued to advocate for it.

Unfortunately, now that my role is known, scum can play around me more which decreases the chance I'll survive the night to dismally low. Rag's play feels town to me here and I feel like we might need to be proactive to win this.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Right, sorry I somehow missed that you targeted Rag Night 2.

But why would the scum team avoid hitting Rag unless they knew you were going to do that?
Because roleblocking rag would make her today's lynch?

Because someone might protect her to ensure the cop result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom