• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Common Timeline Flaw?...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Many people have created timelines that they think fit the series best.

A common theory i've seen is LttP - OoX - LA
I thought this worked very well. However I am currently playing through the linked Oracle of Seasons game when one factor i noticed complicated this theory.

Link meets Zelda for the first time. She introduces herself. It was officially announced that LA takes place after LttP and IS THE SAME LINK. If OoX happens between this, it should be the same link. However in LttP, link already meets princess Zelda. If he already knows her, why does she introduce herself to him in OoX?

explanations anyone?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Actually, that's not the only flaw with that placement. At the end of ALttP it says "and the master sword sleeps again... FOREVER!", therefore it's impossible for OoX or anything else with the master sword to follow.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
-As far as the master sword goes, the whole master sword sleeps forever at the end of alttp really doesnt matter. Its more of a statement than a fact. You can say "And now that my 69 camaro is done, to the garage it sits pretty to be never driven again." Thats a statement. Doesnt change the fact you can drive the car, unless its 60 years later and your grandson is telling the story, "And he never drove that baby again." Then its a fact. It can be argued whether the MS is even canon as well, but im not one to retcon things if its not needed.

-Only way to properly theorize it before LA is to get fancy and throw in a time altered past from OoA, but thats alot of speculation and not really needed.

-As far as Zelda not knowing Link, its a major hole and alot of people who place it before LA havent played the game to realize it. It either goes after LA, or after Adventures of Link. I like both placements equally.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've heard that the Japanese connotations associated with Zelda introducing herself do not imply that it's the first time they've met. Also, if you use that argument then you can't ignore Din re-introducing herself in the linked game.
Din said:
Time, Nature...Hero of the essences, I am Din, Oracle of Seasons. Hurry, Link! You've beaten Veran, but Twinrova's plans are not yet thwarted! The dark powers of the Evil King are growing!
Link already knows who Din is, so the OoA linked game cannot follow OoS, can it?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
The Oracle games themselves are a complication. Bear in mind at the beginning of the game we're reminded that Zelda sent you on at least one of these missions along with Impa in the first place. So her introducing herself would be out of place whatever the fit. Much like Din, as I am to understand it, introduces herself to you as well when she's supposed to have already met you before.

Don't take the introducing themselves as them introducing themselves to Link, but confirming their identities to the player. Otherwise yes, it makes no sense.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Zelda - There might be different Princess Zelda, like AoL Zelda is not the same as Zelda from the first game.

Master Sword - in OoX, this sword is more like Magical Sword from the first Zelda rether than well-known Master Sword, because:
1. The games doesn't take place in Hyrule, but in Labirynna and Holodrum.
2. The Master Sword is not required to beat the game (I saw a YT video will battle against Ganon with Wooden Sword equipped).

The only reason people put the OoX there, even because of this, is because they want to fit it in the timeline.

I put it there because prior to the game, Ganon is dead and Twinrova resurrects him, the same Ganon with the trident. Also because we see in the beginning all 3 Triforce pieces are together and lastly, it ends when Link sets off in a boat which I believe leads to the events of LA. So ALttP/OoX/LA works.

At the end of ALttP it says "and the master sword sleeps again... FOREVER!", therefore it's impossible for OoX or anything else with the master sword to follow.

The Master Sword in OoX is not and cannot be the same Master Sword. If anything, it's more of a "Easter egg" put in the game. How did a old man get a hold of the Master Sword in the first place? In fact, he says "Here is your broken sword, as good as new!" and then it's the... Master Sword? Huh? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly. different universe = parallelish zelda who doesnt know link yet.

heh i could see that link following around 1 day behind getting pissed cause everything is already done.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom