• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

College Football Season (American)

Hello college football fans! Football season is almost here! I am very excited to see how my team, rivals, and other teams in general do as they compete for the title of National Champion.

Here are a few questions so I will know what type of CFB fans are on here.

What is your team, and who do they open against? My team is the Auburn Tigers (War Eagle!!) and we open against Clemson in Atlanta.
Who is (are) your team's rivals, and do you hate them? Alabama, LSU, Georgia. I don't hate them, although Bama fans are quite obnoxious.
Do you attend any of your team's games? 3-4 a year.
Most recent one (can be any teams)? Auburn vs. Samford Nov 2011
How do you expect your team to do this year? We will have a better team than last year, but in the SEC room for improvement is very slim.
Who do you expect to win your conference? Alabama
Who will win the National Championship Game? Alabama
2nd Place: USC
Any final thoughts. I am looking forward to this season, as I have since I was old enough to understand football. I am looking forward to see you guys's responses.

College football is amazing, your thread is amazing, and you should feel amazing.

What is your team, and who do they open against?

My favorite team is Notre Dame, and they open against Navy in Ireland!

Who is (are) your team's rivals, and do you hate them?

USC, Michigan - pretty much every team they play is a rival to an extent. I don't necessarily hate them, but I dislike them. The team I hate is Ohio State, because they're the team that everyone around here likes and the fans are extremely annoying; I just plain don't like them.

Do you attend any of your team's games?

I typically get to a game every year, depending on when we can snag tickets online. I also go to the spring game every year.

Most recent one (can be any teams)?

Notre Dame vs. Boston College; November 19, 2011. A thrilling game and a great win, 16-14.

How do you expect your team to do this year?

I think we'll have a minor improvement from last year and end up 9-3, with the presumed bowl game completely dependent on who we play. I'm fully expecting losses to both USC and Oklahoma, and there will probably be a loss elsewhere. I also think Manti Te'o is going to have a monster year.

Who do you expect to win your conference?

We're not in a conference lol, but I guess I think we'll be the best of the independents.

Who will win the National Championship Game?

USC

2nd Place:

Alabama

I'm really looking forward to this season. ^^

Ha! All my Bama friends hate you guys for some reason, think it's an old rivalry, but I don't mind ND. Nice seeing a fellow CFB fan on here.

Huh, that's odd; the two have only played each other six times, and the last game was in 1987. Granted, ND won five of those six games, but still, it's somewhat strange. Perhaps it's more of a personal thing, like my hatred for Ohio State.

I don't really like Alabama, but I suppose I don't really dislike them either. My favorite SEC team is Florida, but they've been rather insignificant in contrast to their dominant position in the Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow era. Because of that, I'm pretty indifferent toward the SEC.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm and LSU guy! We're the real tigers here and our rivalry is definitely with all the Auburn, Bama, and Georgia fans. UF too, but not as often. They weren't a real threat last year. For Auburn, well, that's always been a big deal. The others, you know how the SEC is.

I managed to get tickets to good seats in Death Valley (okay why say good, every seat in Death Valley is good) but I don't know about this year. My mom ain't keen on driving over to Louisiana for a weekend for a single game.

I think we'll have a terrific season this year!

Football is BACK!!!

I'm a South Florida Bulls fan (was my hometown team, dad worked there for a while and I had season tickets during their first few seasons. Plus my alma mater doesn't have football). It's a painful existence. High expectations and talent every year. Every year we start strong then have a huge swoon come conference play :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom