• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose Your Own Fate?

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I love those kinds of games and I think that if they use it right why not put it in the game. I think it could work because the legend of zelda is a legend and all people have a different interpretation so that would explain why people tell different stories about the legend.

i love this idea, it would make the story less linear and add depth to the game, i think they should try it once and see how it goes, but not have every future game based on that. sure it would help the series but it will hurt it as well.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I don't really like the idea. A hero should show up to combat evil. If Nintendo wanted to implement two main characters, a good guy and a edgy guy, that would be fine.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I don't think this would be a good idea, because if this happens, it is literally impossible to do a perfect run unless you do everything exactly right. I wouldn't like the idea, unless there was something like "replay from this decision point".

I do like the idea, but I'm not sure how it would play out. I know I personally like to go around Zelda games, talking to everyone, looking at every piece of dialogue, every minute detail until I've found all the little things Nintendo has to offer. So if we got to choose our own fate, I would have difficulty choosing which path to take.

The best balance when considering this possibility would be a game that is, for the most part, linear and similar in its paths, but it diverges at certain points. Say you start out at a common point, then there's a decision to be made and the road splits in two. However, as you go through those paths, both bring you back to a central point again that MUST happen in order for the story of the game to progress. Then at another point, you may split onto two paths again and converge back when it comes to the final boss.

I agree with a point made earlier in the thread - this shouldn't be a main series game. More of an offshoot. But not so off as, say, Tingle Rosy Rupeeland. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom