• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

a'lana

cotton candy
Has anyone else actually been researching past games to find info that could be helpful to solving the game? Has anyone else played in basically every Chaos Mafia so they know what to expect and how things work or how Storm works? If anyone can do it and it's actually helpful then why haven't they been? Also, when someone asked if mafia was buckable Ex answered yes and I actually corrected him. So apparently even people who have played Chaos Mafia games before are unreliable with this information, and if I were scum I could have just not corrected him.

Also I just outed the very probable existence of a hostile 3rd party.

Not to mention I'm used to just playing Chaos Mafia relying heavily on mech/setup stuff and not reads and that's what I was expecting to do coming into this game. This is by far the craziest Chaos Mafia game. Like the last one ended in about 13 pages. Most around maybe around 40 pages. They usually last maybe 2-3 game days. I think I have only really been around for the first half of the day phase of the original day 1. Every other time I've been awake has been during the night phase, save for a tiny bit of being awake at the very beginning of the previous day but even then I was about to go to bed. And I'm not going to ISO people only to end up dead at the beginning of the day or the game ended and have all that effort wasted, so yeah I haven't given a lot of solid reads on people yet. But people haven't even given reads on me either besides "KoD and Fext interacted in a certain way with everyone else besides you" basically.

I don't think I said she was mech cleared? I said earlier it was possible she was 3rd party but I didn't think it was likely because I thought I had an idea of her role. She basically softed at the beginning of the game saying she was Santa Claus and asking if anyone wanted any gifts. And she doesn't know what those gifts do. Which is basically like inventor that doesn't know what their inventions do. I believe she hinted at targeting Numbers n1 and that she thought he caused the time warp from her gift. I only recently put all of this together.
nvm I interpreted something you said as a clear on neon you seemed to know neons role?

a'lana

cotton candy
Hmmm.... OK THAT MAKES SENSE AS NEONS ROLE I actually read her softs as fluff tbh would make sense that they were the one to give me the grenade but didn't know it was a grenade

Has anyone else actually been researching past games to find info that could be helpful to solving the game? Has anyone else played in basically every Chaos Mafia so they know what to expect and how things work or how Storm works? If anyone can do it and it's actually helpful then why haven't they been? Also, when someone asked if mafia was buckable Ex answered yes and I actually corrected him. So apparently even people who have played Chaos Mafia games before are unreliable with this information, and if I were scum I could have just not corrected him.

Not to mention I'm used to just playing Chaos Mafia relying heavily on mech/setup stuff and not reads and that's what I was expecting to do coming into this game. This is by far the craziest Chaos Mafia game. Like the last one ended in about 13 pages. Most around maybe around 40 pages. They usually last maybe 2-3 game days. I think I have only really been around for the first half of the day phase of the original day 1. Every other time I've been awake has been during the night phase, save for a tiny bit of being awake at the very beginning of the previous day but even then I was about to go to bed. And I'm not going to ISO people only to end up dead at the beginning of the day or the game ended and have all that effort wasted, so yeah I haven't given a lot of solid reads on people yet. But people haven't even given reads on me either besides "KoD and Fext interacted in a certain way with everyone else besides you" basically.

I don't think I said she was mech cleared? I said earlier it was possible she was 3rd party but I didn't think it was likely because I thought I had an idea of her role. She basically softed at the beginning of the game saying she was Santa Claus and asking if anyone wanted any gifts. And she doesn't know what those gifts do. Which is basically like inventor that doesn't know what their inventions do. I believe she hinted at targeting Numbers n1 and that she thought he caused the time warp from her gift. I only recently put all of this together.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Also, I'd like to engage with Hapi to get some solving back into this game

@Hapi can we do an exercise? You seem to think Minish is town and suspect Alana. I seem to think Alana is town and suspect Minish. Let's see where we're at if we look past this (anyone can participate, but only Hapi seems to be hard-set on Minish town, so I am most curious to see how the world looks from her eyes). Let's assume we both just got a PM from Storm saying Minish and Alana are town. What is next?

DW or you are my first inclination, but I am slightly wary of Raven/Rag since Minish mentioned there could be a second scum team, but if I followed correctly, they're cleared off buck stuff, so that doesn't seem a super fruitful way to push. Thoughts?

I've been VERY open about the fact that I have no trust in Rag or Raven or their claims. That continues to be true. Talk about CWAC with minish than run through some other ISOs with me lol

If I were you and alana and Minish were BOTH town I'd probably go after me... for my hard push on a'lana and my "tmi" on minish. Right but the problem once again is my style.

Big problem really. I will go down with the ship if I think someone's town and being piled on. See Exhibit 1 Champs Qual. See Exhibit 2 HK. A'lana saw one if not both those first hand lol. I will die for my town read always and especially if I think they are being treated unfairly

In my examples I was right one time and wrong the other. I'd rather play this way and save a towny though. Than listen to the majority and blind lynch a towny I personally thought was town

a'lana

cotton candy
I guess I could have used given it to a town read but that would have just given someone else the responsibility of choosing who to kill and I wanted to see a minish flip. I will say that the grenade doesn't come from my own role but its possible maybe the vendor can't use it to kill but can only give it to someone else who chooses who to kill

Princess Abigail

Hey look Minish solved something
Let's find the real bad guy now.

a'lana

cotton candy
Do
I've been VERY open about the fact that I have no trust in Rag or Raven or their claims. That continues to be true. Talk about CWAC with minish than run through some other ISOs with me lol

If I were you and alana and Minish were BOTH town I'd probably go after me... for my hard push on a'lana and my "tmi" on minish. Right but the problem once again is my style.

Big problem really. I will go down with the ship if I think someone's town and being piled on. See Exhibit 1 Champs Qual. See Exhibit 2 HK. A'lana saw one if not both those first hand lol. I will die for my town read always and especially if I think they are being treated unfairly

In my examples I was right one time and wrong the other. I'd rather play this way and save a towny though. Than listen to the majority and blind lynch a towny I personally thought was town
you think rag and raven could both be scum?

I'm not asking you to ACTUALLY go after someone else. I'm asking you IF you just found out that without a doubt Alana was town, where would your head be at for the next elim?

a'lana

cotton candy
because its literallya mutual hardclear and is IMO a harder clear than your clear on minish

Hey look Minish solved something
Let's find the real bad guy now.
:right: There is no solving in that post? Unless you're talking about mech stuff.I'm talking about reads/social solving. Depth of thought on "who is scum" that is extremely hard for scum to fake. Not "oh, I figured out this mech puzzle!" that scum and town are both incentised equally to solve (and actually scum usually has an EASIER time with since they have access to 3 people's information rather than just one)

Princess Abigail

Hmmm.... OK THAT MAKES SENSE AS NEONS ROLE I actually read her softs as fluff tbh would make sense that they were the one to give me the grenade but didn't know it was a grenade

As I've been saying since minute 1 everything I do has a point

Everything. All the time. Even if you don't understand it. Minish did. It had a point. My fluff is not always useless.

Princess Abigail

:right: There is no solving in that post? Unless you're talking about mech stuff.I'm talking about reads/social solving. Depth of thought on "who is scum" that is extremely hard for scum to fake. Not "oh, I figured out this mech puzzle!" that scum and town are both incentised equally to solve (and actually scum usually has an EASIER time with since they have access to 3 people's information rather than just one)

Lol she solved the enigma code that I've been putting out since day 1 that none of you did so I would say she solved something but you do you

a'lana

cotton candy
As I've been saying since minute 1 everything I do has a point

Everything. All the time. Even if you don't understand it. Minish did. It had a point. My fluff is not always useless.
. But did lynching a corpse have a point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom