• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

a'lana

cotton candy
I
Does anyone disagree that Minish has done almost no solving all game? If there are contrary opinions, I'd like to know to see if we can resolve our views.
I agree. I asked minish multiple times who she thought was scum/3p if not her

a'lana

cotton candy
Oh OK. The entire time I thought neon softed having killed fext lmao but not sure how your role works
I think we're guessing that I was the NK target last night and somehow I only got wounded. Instead, my target (Fext) died.

a'lana

cotton candy
I have a metagamey, not role-related reason to believe that there is, in fact, a third mafia. I'm not going to bring up why I think that.

3P is also very possible too.
..ok who would the third maf be? I still think it would be Minish tbh. No one else makes sense and Neon's clear still just doesn't seem that strong.

DW is spewed from KoD and I also think DW has been super willing to put themselves in PoE which I don't see coming from lone scum or 3p

I targeted minish because they were the least clear to me, at night I got the grenade before day started they said I needed to give a name and time a SoD and I told myself I'd give it to Fext or Minish to use it as day vig because they were the least clear to me and thought that if I'd give it to no one its possible I'd auto die.
Why would you deliberately target someone who was least clear with an item to use as a day vig? Why not someone who was far more cleared? Such as myself?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
See... thing is Minish has spent a ton of time complaining about how they are being suspected, and they want town points for giving some basic setup spec (sorry, not sorry. Anyone can talk setup, town or mafia. Offering information that multiple other people are probably privy to [mafia are unbuckable for example] is... what did they call it ? CWAC? Yeah. So sorry, that gives minish like 0.01 town point in my eyes. It isn't bad to do, but isn't going to swing the needle in any game).

But you know what I can't recall ANY of coming from Minish? Solving. Can anyone name ONE READ that Minish has given all game? They probably gave some early D1, but since then? I haven't seen any. It's all been setup spec, and cryptic clues that might make sense post-game but don't now ("I'm unbuckable and won't die from drinks" Unbuckable - mafia, don't die from drinks? NAI? No town points). Furthermore, from what I can tell, they aren't even trying to fully do setup spec. There have been multiple times where Minish seems to understand something about Hapi that I don't, but Minish isn't explaining those things (which idk maybe they can't, but it isn't their role, so idk why they couldn't).

So, the ONLY townie things I am seeing from Minish are setup spec, which anyone can do regardless of alignment. No solving. Like ZERO solving. Minish, THIS is why you aren't townie, at least in my mind. This and these AtEs which ring hollow.

Has anyone else actually been researching past games to find info that could be helpful to solving the game? Has anyone else played in basically every Chaos Mafia so they know what to expect and how things work or how Storm works? If anyone can do it and it's actually helpful then why haven't they been? Also, when someone asked if mafia was buckable Ex answered yes and I actually corrected him. So apparently even people who have played Chaos Mafia games before are unreliable with this information, and if I were scum I could have just not corrected him.

Also I just outed the very probable existence of a hostile 3rd party.

Not to mention I'm used to just playing Chaos Mafia relying heavily on mech/setup stuff and not reads and that's what I was expecting to do coming into this game. This is by far the craziest Chaos Mafia game. Like the last one ended in about 13 pages. Most around maybe around 40 pages. They usually last maybe 2-3 game days. I think I have only really been around for the first half of the day phase of the original day 1. Every other time I've been awake has been during the night phase, save for a tiny bit of being awake at the very beginning of the previous day but even then I was about to go to bed. And I'm not going to ISO people only to end up dead at the beginning of the day or the game ended and have all that effort wasted, so yeah I haven't given a lot of solid reads on people yet. But people haven't even given reads on me either besides "KoD and Fext interacted in a certain way with everyone else besides you" basically.

.... But Minish why do you think Hapi is mech clear? Is this also for bartender stuff?

I don't think I said she was mech cleared? I said earlier it was possible she was 3rd party but I didn't think it was likely because I thought I had an idea of her role. She basically softed at the beginning of the game saying she was Santa Claus and asking if anyone wanted any gifts. And she doesn't know what those gifts do. Which is basically like inventor that doesn't know what their inventions do. I believe she hinted at targeting Numbers n1 and that she thought he caused the time warp from her gift. I only recently put all of this together.

Oh OK. The entire time I thought neon softed having killed fext lmao but not sure how your role works
Nope, I have no idea how Fext died. All I know is that I targeted him - and received the same information that I received when I targeted KoD. When Day broke, Fext was dead and I was wounded.

a'lana

cotton candy
Soo.... Minish saying mafia isnt buckable could backfire a against a scum!Minish because it could clear town maybe?

Still think Minish hasn't really done solving other than setup spec or defending herself

Has anyone else actually been researching past games to find info that could be helpful to solving the game?
I don't see how this makes you town. Mafia/3p have just as much inclination to do this.
Has anyone else played in basically every Chaos Mafia so they know what to expect and how things work or how Storm works?
Uhh... so you're town... for coming in with prior knowledge about Chaos mafia? Wow, I didn't realize that Storm randed alignments based on how much we knew coming in. Y'all might want to kill me then, because I didn't know what to expect at all coming in, so that must make me mafia?
If anyone can do it and it's actually helpful then why haven't they been?
I mean, Hapi has. Who on this player list has knowledge of Chaos mafia? Maybe you should ask THEM this question, solving, rather than just trying to defend yourself with bad defenses?
Also, when someone asked if mafia was buckable Ex answered yes and I actually corrected him. So apparently even people who have played Chaos Mafia games before are unreliable with this information, and if I were scum I could have just not corrected him.
You could have, but a good way to win townpoints with people who aren't great as town is to do setup spec, IIoA and CWAC. Maybe you're town being helpful, this is fully compatible with town!Minish, but maybe you're not, and this is fully compatible with scum!Minish as well.

Also I just outed the very probable existence of a hostile 3rd party.
Mafia theory actually says this should be mafia-indicative since mafia are more inclined to care about 3p and want town hunting 3p rather than mafia... BUT it is late enough in the game and with two mafia flips, I won't count this against you, but it still does not do anything to make me feel like you're town.

Not to mention I'm used to just playing Chaos Mafia relying heavily on mech/setup stuff and not reads and that's what I was expecting to do coming into this game. This is by far the craziest Chaos Mafia game. Like the last one ended in about 13 pages. Most around maybe around 40 pages. They usually last maybe 2-3 game days. I think I have only really been around for the first half of the day phase of the original day 1. Every other time I've been awake has been during the night phase, save for a tiny bit of being awake at the very beginning of the previous day but even then I was about to go to bed. And I'm not going to ISO people only to end up dead at the beginning of the day or the game ended and have all that effort wasted, so yeah I haven't given a lot of solid reads on people yet.
Okay? It sounds like you have a lot of excuses, and you know, maybe you're just town here and these are all valid. BUT from my POV (and I'd guess others, but I don't want to speak for them), there is NO WAY to tell if these are coming from town or scum, and do nothing to make me feel like you're town.
But people haven't even given reads on me either besides "KoD and Fext interacted in a certain way with everyone else besides you" basically.
Yeah, surprisingly when you give no readable content all game, people can't really give fleshed out reads on you, and you just slowly trend downwards in the PoE until you're elim'd. This is why PoE works well as a strategy - it picks up both scummy people and people who you can't tell the alignment of for whatever reason.

--------------------------------------------------
Minish, is there ANYTHING in your play that I should think makes you MORE LIKELY town than scum? If I had to look through your ISO, where would I look to find you town? Can you point to something and say "this is town!Minish, and scum!Minish would not do this!"?

..ok who would the third maf be? I still think it would be Minish tbh. No one else makes sense and Neon's clear still just doesn't seem that strong.

DW is spewed from KoD and I also think DW has been super willing to put themselves in PoE which I don't see coming from lone scum or 3p

I agree that Minish makes the most sense. However, her later-game/recent-game has me pushing her upwards a fair bit.

DW I think is just more than likely to be town at this point.

I am tinfoiling Seanzie a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom