• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Sorry, let me be more clear "your first wolf game" I mean your first game as scum/warewolf/mafia. You mentioned on MafC that your first time being scum you just RP'd the whole time. I'd like to compare/contrast that with your other games.

Thanks for the information. This does help give a lot of context around you.

My bad brain not working well 5 hrs of sleep over 3 days xD let me see if I can dig it up

Posting as I read.

I plan to reread the day at some point as well since I really haven’t been taking notes or anything like that and my reads are generally all over the place.
If possible, can you quote things so it is clear where your thoughts fit into the timeline?

Princess Abigail

I can't find it but if you want I CAN send you my first Wolf game where I gave a **** and tried.

It's also my only wolf game where I tried. And my only real wolf game.

If possible, can you quote things so it is clear where your thoughts fit into the timeline?

Nah, I’ll keep doin what I’m doin because that’s what I want to do

i’ve been doing that most of the time anyway so idk why it’s that big a deal lol

Princess Abigail

Wolf game

Princess Abigail

Fun fact MU tells me that if I kill a wolf early I'm a wolf but if I kill a wolf late I'm town xD

Also that I post infinity more times as town than wolf lol
I've noticed that you are posting D1 here significantly more than the two town games where you RP'd that you quoted, which is why I want to see the scum game where you RP'd to compare.

Nah, I’ll keep doin what I’m doin because that’s what I want to do

i’ve been doing that most of the time anyway so idk why it’s that big a deal lol
Eh, you can do you but it helps others to be able to place your thoughts in the timeline. For example, the post I originally quoted to ask if you were catching up, it was because your thought was vastly outdated in the current gamestate, which could suggest stale takes.

Not putting your thoughts into the timeline will make it harder for people to find you if you're town (IMO), and I don't see the benefit to town from not doing it, while I do see the benefit to scum for not doing it, so while every player is welcome to play how they want, you choosing not to do it is a strike against you in my mind (albiet a very mild one).

I'm caught up through page 15. Still reading, but some general notes:

- Upon reading up on DW's posts before getting to my own where I eventually voted him, I get the feeling this is coming from a town mindset as opposed to a scum one. Granted I think his follow through on the reasoning is horrible, the desire to get to stuff of substance is, at the very least, telling.

Unvote

- a'lana's couple of posts, in particular where she states not seeing me doing anything worth lynching yet not being town, read as the kind of hedging I would expect from a scum player that is mincing words to keep their options open. So automatically I'm biased against this slot.

Vote: a'lana

And by biased I mean definitely voting here.

Fext
I think DW's push on KoD early on is, like, obviously bad, because it literally did get a (actually pretty decent imo) reaction out of mongoose, which doesn't help me trust DW any - but I also haven't seen anything from KoD by this point that I can say is definitely towny (and although I've never seen him play scum I've been very certain he was town in all of our other games when he wasn't lynching me for ~no reason). I am currently tempted to call this a dichotomy, we'll see where it goes.

I'm tempted to call this scummy because it's in the same vein as a'lana. a'lana actually speaks of you the same way that you speak of me here with the whole, "I've seen them as town," blah blah iteration. Like, you hedge just like she does on me which makes me think you two are paired here.

Besides, a tad too many people have been nice enough to talk about me like I'm normal, and that doesn't sit right. No one is pocketing me this game.

I'll still be catching up as my time allows before deadline, but expect my vote to stay on a'lana as that hedging looks atrocious to me. Her or Fext honestly given that.

Eh, you can do you but it helps others to be able to place your thoughts in the timeline. For example, the post I originally quoted to ask if you were catching up, it was because your thought was vastly outdated in the current gamestate, which could suggest stale takes.

Not putting your thoughts into the timeline will make it harder for people to find you if you're town (IMO), and I don't see the benefit to town from not doing it, while I do see the benefit to scum for not doing it, so while every player is welcome to play how they want, you choosing not to do it is a strike against you in my mind (albiet a very mild one).
Fair enough.

If we're being honest this game has been a blur to me and I haven't really been able to sit down and gather my thoughts. All my posts so far have been phoneposts and for some reason my phone hates it when I post on Xenforo sites like Bulbagarden and ZD so it just makes it even more difficult to follow along. It's also been a while since I rolled town so I'm balancing that while trying to remember how to play the frickin game lmao.

I'm going through the thread on my laptop now, but will have to break in a bit.

Vote: TheCapsFan

I still really would like to see Hapi's scum game where she RP'd to put everything into context, but her being relatively new assuages some of the worst of my fears from that slot. In particular, I think they are still very slightly >rand!scum, but I am not so worried about eliming them atp and will give them a bit of time to see what they can bring to a later day.

TheCapsFan otoh is someone I'd like to explore more. In particular, they seem to be suggesting this is the first town game after a lot of scum games... I know usually for me even though I enjoy a good scum game every so often, multiple in a row is extremely tiring, and I am usually overjoyed when I rand town after a long scum-streak. Not everyone is the same, but I think this sentiment is shared with many (there is a reason people talk about scum fatigue). TheCapsFan has said they are happy to be town, but the vibes I get from them is not "happy" and "excited" in this game. Perhaps the emotions I'm getting from them are being confounded by the phone posting issues, but perhaps not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom