• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

I actually despise the "how much have you played" question. It's an intentional way to manipulate a narrative based on experience level even though I could play 1 game and be the best reader in all of Werewolf history or have played 100 and be the worst. We learn and grow but I've certainly seen naturally talented Werewolf players.

It's also a subtle jab at the player because it is almost always asked to imply your playing poorly and they want to know if you're a noob.
I can see where you're coming from to some extent; there are naturally talented people, but experience will change your view of the game so it makes sense for new players to be known to allow other people to intrepret better.

That said I don't feel Ex asked to imply alana was a newb or playing poorly, it's the sort of question Ex just generally tends to ask.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Also just going to say I hate how this site updates after posts when new posts have been made whilst you're typing because I am legitimately noticing things while going thru isos that I completely missed in thread because it never once showed me those posts even after hitting buttons to look at all the new posts.

Princess Abigail

I can see where you're coming from to some extent; there are naturally talented people, but experience will change your view of the game so it makes sense for new players to be known to allow other people to intrepret better.

That said I don't feel Ex asked to imply alana was a newb or playing poorly, it's the sort of question Ex just generally tends to ask.

I don't either. But I do think it was asked of me for that reason

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the tone of this thread became a lot more whimsical since i was last here

i guess being forced to kill someone does that to people

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
a lot less whimsical i mean

thread is not inspiring much whimsy rn

Princess Abigail

the tone of this thread became a lot more whimsical since i was last here

i guess being forced to kill someone does that to people
die-kill.gif

I actually despise the "how much have you played" question. It's an intentional way to manipulate a narrative based on experience level even though I could play 1 game and be the best reader in all of Werewolf history or have played 100 and be the worst. We learn and grow but I've certainly seen naturally talented Werewolf players.

It's also a subtle jab at the player because it is almost always asked to imply your playing poorly and they want to know if you're a noob.
I can see how it could be taken that way, but I don't think this is generally true, and definitely not how I meant it when I asked you. It gives vital context, and is not meant to imply anything, but yes, it does sometimes come about because someone is doing something that is percieved as non-good town play, and the person is trying to judge if it is scummy or NAI. Sorry if me asking offended you in any way, I didn't mean offense, and literally just wanted to get more context on you and your takes to help me form my own thoughts on you.

a'lana

cotton candy
another attempt at readslist

scum
Numbers OR KoD (but not both Numbers and KoD as scum, out of these people think Numbers looks worse for just being a naked vote while KoD at least had reasoning even if said reasoning was bad)

pure null/conflicted thoughts
Rag
Capsfan
Fext
DawningWinds

town
Seanzie
hapi
Minish
Raven
ExLight

a'lana

cotton candy

i think I was ironically better at making reads like one year after I started after that my ability to read actually got worse

I also think EX's question was harmless and without toxic intent. I think its a fine question as long as its not used as an attempt to psychoanalyse which I dont think he was.

a'lana

cotton candy
Also just going to say I hate how this site updates after posts when new posts have been made whilst you're typing because I am legitimately noticing things while going thru isos that I completely missed in thread because it never once showed me those posts even after hitting buttons to look at all the new posts.
I hate it as well, its also confusing af and just takes things out of context

Princess Abigail

And I hate how I'm generally perceived because I know I'm a good player well...I didn't used to but I'm starting to understand that everyone who has told me I'm a good player is right at the core but I go anywhere and get read as anti town or something for any of xyz reasons and I can change my approach it goes the same way.

I have played serious. I have played meme. I have roleplayed I've played quiet I've played loud.

The one thing I try to do is approach things positively and create a good environment which admittedly has not happened here because I'm being *****y as **** which I hate.

Anyways I can explain my playstyle and stuff pretty easily honestly.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'd like to make the case that EoD SHOULD be in central time right now. In particular, the host clearly states that EoD is at 6pm EST, NOT EDT. Currently most of the eastern time zone is experiencing EDT, and actually EST=CDT, so the only logical thing to do is start going by Central time for the rest of the game (if you can't tell I'm in central time right now).

Central time best time. Not lynching Seanzie ever he's my central time homie.

a'lana

cotton candy
I also think my 'the person who jumped on my wagon is actually scummier than the person starting the tunnel on me'-read worked well in my qual if i had gone through with it I would have actually nailed Vernon. I know the context here is different but I do think usually scum who sus me are people who just jumped on rather than the main tunneler who usually is town

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom