• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Chancellor Cole and the Ghost Ship?

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I was looking back at the Ghost Ship in the Wind Waker recently when I saw something that lead me to this theory of how Chancellor Cole got to New Hyrule.

...Or at least, a foreshadowing of who he really was.

After you beat the monsters on the Ghost Ship, go up to the chest containing the Triforce Chart. Look at the mask on the wall behind the chest. On close inspection, it looks like an average human face. Now look at it from farther away.

Doesn't that smile look vaguely familiar?

03-Castle23.png

Could Chancellor Cole have been the captain of the Ghost Ship?

How are they connected, if at all?

What do you think?

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I do remember that mask that changes once you get close up to it. I've always wondered what or who it was supposed to be. My memory of it is pretty fuzzy though, could you post a picture? If I remember correctly, the ghost ship disappears after you clear it, so I can't really go and look at it. I do remember that it does sport a smile that looks very similar to Chancellor Cole's, but are there any other similarities? Nintendo likes to reuse that mouth design alot. There are the chain chomps in Mario etc. etc.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
You'd have to post a picture for comparison. I haven't seen the inside of the Ghost Ship for awhile. It's hard to form an opinion with no picture of the mask.

It's not very likely. We have to remember that before the Spirit War, Cole was obviously working for Malladus. So there's no way he could have been the captain.

How could he have lived that long? Isn't he just a normal person? Or is my memory failing me?
Cole is in fact a demon of some sort, demons tend to live a very long time.

and i havent payed attention to whats inside the ghost ship in WW because i was to preoccupied with getting the triforce charts. ill have to look it up or play TWW again.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Its pretty hard to miss, its right above the treasure chest. The only image of this thing I could find was on Youtube (admittedly, I didn't look very hard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrcCjOWyV4&feature=related (I highly recommend watching this with the volume off >_>)
You can see the mask at about 2:30.

Actually, remembering some of Lenzo's text, he said that there was once a man who drew a map of the ghost ship's movements, but after he completed this map he died an unexpected death. I was thinking that maybe this mask is that man... It doesn't seem to be an ordinary mask, it changes expression completely when you get near it. I don't think you can see its first expression very well in the vid though.

I'll also note that it sort of resembles the masks on the walls of the Stock Pot Inn and the Oceanside Spider House in MM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom