• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cast the Zelda Movie!

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Let's skip the whole debate if a Zelda movie would be a good idea or not. Let's not discuss if Link should talk or not. There are other threads for that. And yes, I'm familiar with both Hero of Time and the IGN trailer, so there's no need to bring those up.

Let's just assume that a big-budget Zelda movie was being made, either based on one particular game or on an original story. Which characters would you feature, and who would play them?

Link - Joseph Gordon Levitt.
joseph_gordon_levitt.jpg

There is a big percentage of Zelda fans that doesn't want to see this movie made. So you'd need a really likable actor to sell the role. Within the age range I was looking for in a Link, it's hard to find an actor more likable than JGL. And he has an impressive range as an actor.

Zelda - Clemence Poesy
Clemence_Poesy_as_Fleur_dela_Cour_%28GoF-promo-01%29.jpg

She has this noble, almost fragile look of a princess. She has the right age to play next to JGL. And I have no problems imagining her kicking @$$ as Sheik.

Ganondorf - Tom Hardy
tomv.jpg

He can be charismatic (Inception) or downright evil (Star Trek: Nemesis). He can be physically imposing (Bronson) or noble (Marie Antoinette). He has great on-screen chemistry with Joseph Gordon Levitt. I think he'd be perfect.

Rauru - Billy Connolly
Billy-Connolly-001.jpg

Here we have an old guy who is trying to tell a young kid what to do. The most important part of this role is that the character has to be trustworthy. Connolly would play Rauru with a joyful sparkle in his eye and always a joke on his lips. And it doesn't hurt that he looks like a sage to begin with.

Now if you don't agree with these picks, that's fair enough. Who would you cast instead?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I like your pick for Joseph Gordon Levitt as Link. An alternative pick for me would be James McAvoy (he's also got the bright blue eyes to boot)
z15202752.jpg

Zelda - Scarlett Johansson
scarlett%2Bjohannson%2Bred%2Bdress1.jpg

Ganondorf - Jim Carter
MV5BMTY3MDkwNDEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzMzNzc4._V1._SX485_SY325_.jpg
MV5BMTY3MDkwNDEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzMzNzc4._V1._SY314_CR127,0,214,314_.jpg

My wildcard (Zelda character besides the "big 3"):

Nabooru - Rosario Dawson
a12154ccf9dff9d8e90570ef31d9ea7e_rosario_dawson-5709.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
An alternative pick for me would be James McAvoy (he's also got the bright blue eyes to boot)
Not bad at all. I've been a huge McAvoy fan since Shameless and State of Play. Weird that I didn't think of him. On the other hand, Joseph Gordon Levitt is already a bit old to play Link, and McAvoy is another two years older.

Ganondorf - Jim Carter
Your images for him couldn't be displayed. And yet the fifth search result on google image search was this:
large_20071204-jim-carter-ganondorf-zelda-movie.jpg

Yes, it works. But he's over 60. I don't see him filming spectacular fight scenes at that age.

My wildcard (Zelda character besides the "big 3"):

Nabooru - Rosario Dawson
a12154ccf9dff9d8e90570ef31d9ea7e_rosario_dawson-5709.jpg
Very good. I was trying to find a redhead that looked the part, but Rosario has the right attitude, which is a lot more important.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't know who Johnny Depp would play, but someone! And I won't post a picture of me. But I look like a young Zelda!
imgres

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Your images for him couldn't be displayed. And yet the fifth search result on google image search was this:
large_20071204-jim-carter-ganondorf-zelda-movie.jpg

Yes, it works. But he's over 60. I don't see him filming spectacular fight scenes at that age.

That's the picture I tried to post (it's also his IMDB page picture). True about his age, so there would likely have to be a stunt double for fight scenes involved with him. But when I saw him in The Golden Compass, I immediately thought Ganondorf.

What about the crew? I would definitely say Hans Zimmer for your musical score

Fight choreographer = Yuen Woo Ping or Jeff Imada :D

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
By far Hans Zimmer! His music in Pirates of the Caribbean (see my love of those movies and Johnny Depp) is INCREDIBLE!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
She would, but I just can't associate her in any other role than Hermione. -_- And Zelda just can't have a British accent!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Below is my own list of people I'd like to add:

Adult Link - Keanu Reeves
Adult Zelda - Scarlett Johansson
Saria - Dakota Fanning
Rauru - Nicolas Cage
Darunia - Seth Rogen
Impa - Jamie Lee Curtis
Nabooru - Zoe Saldana
Ruto - Anne Hathaway
Ganondorf - Alan Rickman
Navi - Björk

I admit this was thrown together, so if I come up with any better ones I'll add to it.

keanu reeves stays away from my zelda
Link needs to be played by someone with a personality
and has natural blonde hair
Rauru - michael gambon
Navi - TBD
Impa - Milla Jovovich
Ganon - Ralph Fiennes or Oded Fehr
Ruto - Rose Mcgowan
Saria - Holly Marie Combs
Adult Zelda - Finola Hughes
Adult Link - johnathan Potts(voice actor in both series)
Malon - Christina Ulla
Deku Tree - Debbi Morgan(Seer)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
What about the crew? I would definitely say Hans Zimmer for your musical score
There's only one man who could score this movie. And his name is Koji Kondo. Everything else would feel really wrong.

Love Zimmer, though. I'm impressed with how much work he put into finding disturbing sounds for the Joker theme in The Dark Knight. And the result was absolutely worth it:
[video=youtube;-QjuEWsdgEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QjuEWsdgEc[/video]

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Oh I had an idea for Johnny Depp but then I realized this is exactly OoT. If it was WW then Johnny could be a pirate cuz I LOVE JACK SPARROW! <3 lol but if they were to actually make this movie it would probably suck. Have you seen the IGN trailer for the one? it looked so stupid! Just my opinion...no one eat me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom