• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Call of Duty - Most Overrated Game of All Time?

Is It Or Not?

• Definitely.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way.

• Yes And No.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Great point, just shooting things in real life is more fun. My friend has fake and real guns and we play with them all the time at his house. It's a lot more fun than just killing your friends and other APIs.

As for sword fighting...I have the Master Sword, but I still think swords in games are more fun. At least in the game you don't have to worry about it breaking.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You want realistic? Join the damn army and make a difference. You want a realistic shooting game? Play Rainbow Six and Battlefield because that's a hell of a lot better then that lackluster series that is Call of Duty.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Call of Duty, as a series, is the most overrated thing ever. The gameplay manages to stay the same through the many(and now they are yearly) incarnations, like games such as Madden, Guitar Hero, Etc. The depth of said gameplay can be explained as simple as "Run Ahead. Center your screen on thing you want to kill. Repeat." It is boring and repetitive. Same with the unoriginal, generic story, or lack thereof, there are next to no characters and all the twists are as predictable as you can get. So why is it that whenever a new instalment comes out both children and adults wait outside crappy stores like GameStop to give their hard-earned money to Activsion? Why pay 60$ for a game they basically bought last year? Well, as much as I'd like to say that our Country has some weird fetish for guns and the military, I'd say it's because the of the multiplayer, which is also pretty hollow, especially when you comapare it to other FPS games like Team Fortress 2. There are better games out there, there are better FPSs out there(TF2, Thief Series, RainbowSix, Portal 1&2, Deus Ex, Bioshock, Etc.) , Call of Duty is not this "revolution" in gaming as many people would want to make it up to be, Goldeneye among many other games did what CoD does now a decade ago, and the reason why these games are so popular is a big mistery to me.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Call of Duty, as a series, is the most overrated thing ever. The gameplay manages to stay the same through the many(and now they are yearly) incarnations, like games such as Madden, Guitar Hero, Etc. The depth of said gameplay can be explained as simple as "Run Ahead. Center your screen on thing you want to kill. Repeat." It is boring and repetitive. Same with the unoriginal, generic story, or lack thereof, there are next to no characters and all the twists are as predictable as you can get. So why is it that whenever a new instalment comes out both children and adults wait outside crappy stores like GameStop to give their hard-earned money to Activsion? Why pay 60$ for a game they basically bought last year? Well, as much as I'd like to say that our Country has some weird fetish for guns and the military, I'd say it's because the of the multiplayer, which is also pretty hollow, especially when you comapare it to other FPS games like Team Fortress 2. There are better games out there, there are better FPSs out there(TF2, Thief Series, RainbowSix, Portal 1&2, Deus Ex, Bioshock, Etc.) , Call of Duty is not this "revolution" in gaming as many people would want to make it up to be, Goldeneye among many other games did what CoD does now a decade ago, and the reason why these games are so popular is a big mistery to me.

I still have Goldeneye for my N64, it's amazing. I think the new version sucks, especially the controls.

Goldeneye was the first game made by Rare/Nintendo, and they made several amazing games after that, such as Banjo Kazooie. That shooter alone shows that you can still have an amazing game, and not have an extremely high polygon count and online play. But because of the extremely high polygon count and the online play, developers completely ignore the actual gameplay. Why nobody cares about this, I wish I knew, because it's ridiculous and stupid.

E

EvilMag

Reviewers love COD so much.

If theres a shooter thats not COD or Halo, it gets a bad review.

Example: Look at Duke Nukem Forever. I read all the reviews and alls I see is "ITS NOT COD, IT SUXS"

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Reviewers love COD so much.

If theres a shooter thats not COD or Halo, it gets a bad review.

Example: Look at Duke Nukem Forever. I read all the reviews and alls I see is "ITS NOT COD, IT SUXS"

Actually, I can think of a few games that aren't Halo or CoD that have good reviews. Take the Battlefield: Bad Company series. Battlefield 3 is supposed to be the best First-Person Shooter of all time. Anyways, I agree that Call of Duty is pretty overrated.

E

EvilMag

Even today COD is still crazy popular. Halo isn't nearly as popular anymore. It's hayday died out when 3 came out.

If I could get my 360 back, I can try to see how many people are still playing COD4 and Halo 3. IIRC I saw around 7000 people playing 3 few months ago. Pretty small if you ask me. I can assume COD4 will have 3 times as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom