• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 2 E3 trailer

The water thing to me seemed more like anti gravity to my eyes. I figured it was a result of the ability that let Link fall upwards and phase through the sky island. I am guessing that's your primary method of reaching the sky. You fall up until you hit something, or until you cancel the ability and thus are put into free fall.
Cuz I'm free....free faaaalllin

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The water thing to me seemed more like anti gravity to my eyes. I figured it was a result of the ability that let Link fall upwards and phase through the sky island. I am guessing that's your primary method of reaching the sky. You fall up until you hit something, or until you cancel the ability and thus are put into free fall.
But were it just anti-gravity, the water wouldn’t turn back into a droplet. There’s also the stasis part we see. These are just thoughts though, I have no real proof.

I think it's really funny how many people are drawing parallels with the "green poncho" thing and that image from the battle 1,000 years ago, while simultaneously ignoring the giant pig face.

Also, why is everyone obsessed about the subtitle? You'll hear it when you hear it.

My initial reaction was really mixed when I first saw it, but I'm starting to skew a little more positive with time.

I’ve just watched the teaser again and I think this-

Zelda falling away at beginning
Link on Island with looks like Washa Bluff below him
Rocks falling away from Hyrule Castle and maybe becoming an Island.

I then went on and watched the next two trailers, one for the first BotW and one about the making.
Apparently they used the Japanese Jomon period for BotW. And the image that comes up in BotW.2 is similar to the objects below-

A934416D-F0D0-4397-8D54-8893ABDCEACF.jpegC2FA9629-CD05-4E99-85EF-3F042055C016.jpeg453E1A6C-B476-4F19-84EF-D5C5EEB43092.jpeg

Just my thoughts and may well be BS, but we will have to wait & see!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I’ve just watched the teaser again and I think this-

Zelda falling away at beginning
Link on Island with looks like Washa Bluff below him
Rocks falling away from Hyrule Castle and maybe becoming an Island.

I then went on and watched the next two trailers, one for the first BotW and one about the making.
Apparently they used the Japanese Jomon period for BotW. And the image that comes up in BotW.2 is similar to the objects below-

View attachment 47568View attachment 47569View attachment 47570

Just my thoughts and may well be BS, but we will have to wait & see!
This is true at least in terms of the Sheikah tech. For example:
220px-JapaneseJomonPottery_SprayStyle.jpg

That swirly pattern on shrines and stuff is very reminiscent of this style.

Idk If I buy the time travel stuff, but it's an interesting thought. Idk if I shared this here but an idea I had was what if the sky portion is Link experiencing interactive memories from the hand that merged with him? So not quite time travel, but exploring the past in a way that makes sense with BotW's fundamentals. The sky portions could just be in the present though and the character is Link wearing a different armor set?

I also saw people claiming maybe the hand is some kind of time related power, sort of like the dagger of time in Prince of Persia Sands of Time. If you mess up some platforming you can rewind a bit to start over. I didn't get the same impression, I just thought of the hand as a mechanic that seemingly let's Link create portals through solid objects.

Not sure how he gets the ‘hand’ but something to do with Ganon and the Malice. Definitely a power thing altho why Ganon would give him that sort of power is a bit odd If that’s the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom