• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Big Brother 2.0

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hello everyone! Big Brother was a roleplay I created over the summer months in an attempt to make a fairly fun RP that would last a while. However, it didn't work out that way when school started back up and a lot of members had to go to school. Some have since come back to ZD (Silver, Rainy, ZAB, and MS2, I love you guys ^^). So I decided to launch the series again with a twist. The series is gonna pick up a few years after the events of the previous entry. I'll fill in a little back story in the sign up and include the original thread (which has a link to the original sign up thread) so that the participants can see what the RP was, and still is, about.

Personal Log, 5:00 AM, 1/10/2061: It's been five years since the indecent. The government passed it off as nothing more than "An Armed Rampage Through New York" but that didn't stop the truth. The truth always gets out. That's never changed. The "Two Day Showdown" as it's referred to now, was when everything changed. People stopped believing in the US government. They stopped wanting to believe in the lies. But that didn't stop his friends from dying. Seven dead and one missing. That's what the reports said. Cyrus had been the missing and everyone else had died. Momiji, Roxas, Sean, Scars, Thomas, Tayler, and Soul, all dead. I had kept telling myself I should have stayed with them and died fighting. I should never have left. Now my life is hell. I wallow in misery, hiding out in doors all day. I had to leave the country to keep from being captured.

But now? No more. I'm not going to pity myself anymore. Today is the day that revolution begins. And this time, I'm ready to bring down revenge on the two particular men who did this to me to begin with. Will Glay and Daniel Payne. I will make them pay.

So that's all the prologue that'll be provided in this sign up thread. Here's the original RP.

Now, onto the character creation :D

Name: (Should be easy)
Appearance: (Just describe or put a picture. I don't really care. I usually describe mine since I'm more text to visual.)
Personality: (Describe it)
Background: (Doesn't need to be super detailed, but have some fun with it. It's your character)
Weapons/Equipment: (It's a near future so futuristic things are allowed, just not too futuristic. In other words, lightsabers and plasma guns, no. Robots, nano-tech, androids, etc. yes. Try to go with at least 2 weapons max and one to two pieces of equipment. I'm sure I'll come up with some way to get more so don't worry)
Skills: (Skills your character may have. Not too many, but you can be creative.)
Faction: (Government or non government basically. You can explain any specifics if you'd like)

So let's put up my character.

Name: Cyrus Larkson
Appearance: 6'-1" and 170 lbs. Has fairly pale complexion, has medium short black spiky hair, and blue eyes. Wears greyish-white or black skinny jeans, various t-shirts, a black hoodie, and gloves.
Personality: Is fairly quiet and reserved but used to be incredibly exuberant as child. Still harbors some childishness in him.
Background: Was picked up at the age of 20 for drug possession. Rather than lock him up the government decided to use him for a secret experiment for nano-tech. They injected him with nano machines and studied his reaction. Everything was normal until 3 days after the test. The nano machines had detected an infection in his right arm and rather than combat it medically attacked it physically, slowly removing his arm from the inside out due to faulty programming. The experiment was closed, all information swept under the rug, and Cyrus was put back out into the world. In order to get revenge Cyrus acquired a bio-mechanical arm from the black market and used nano-tech to attach it and integrate it with his system as well as reprogram the nano-machines in his body.
Weapons/Equipment: Nano-machines in his body are programmed to produce large amounts of electrical energy that can be used in a multitude of ways such as augmenting muscle out put or nervous and sensory perception. Bio-Mechanical arm functions as a way to discharge electricity in a physical form as well as it's ability to produce up to 500 lbs. of force. Also has a standard .45 caliber pistol.
Skills: Smart and calculating. Also very athletic.
Faction: Non-government; Vigilante

So here are some important notes
-Please, no generic OP characters. Nobody likes those. Make them fun, exciting, but still beatable and human, otherwise it's just a huge game of "I can do anything you can better".
-If you had a character in the last game and would like to join with that character, simply copy and paste from the last sign up (you can reach it through the link to the previous game thread) and update them (include a little thing with what they've done in the 5 years since). I'm allowing this cause I'm a big fan of Deus Ex Machina in stories so I'll enjoy the plot twists.

Anyway, that's about it. Sorry if it's a lot of reading, but I think everyone will enjoy it! :D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Thanks! Go_Skyward was the one who convinced me to revive it so I figured why not since it was really fun when it was going on. As for any discrepancies that you may find (I'm sure there are cause it's been a while) just leave em. For the most part I doubt they're a big deal.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Aww man, Momiji died. :rolleyes:

Name: Veranda Atsucane
Appearance: Just past the shoulder black hair, regular garb of the time (jeans, red sweater...), dark red eyes, almost brown
Personality: Tough, will stand up for herself, extroverted, can't really make up her mind on things, but will pur her input in very quickly
Background: Her sister was Momiji Atsucane, who decided to obey the Big Brother government. But Veranda decided otherwise. She hated this taking over government, and she decided to rebel against it. Although she did not meet the same fate as her dear beloved sister, whom she admired after she'd learnt that her sister made a choice to rebel. She vowed that she'd avenge her sister, and finally get rid of this Big Brother government. She was only fifteen when it had started, and only once she'd not been caught in her doings. She worked secretly to muck up the governments equipment, infiltrate their "fortress" and foil their plans, and do her best to get rid of the tyrant government. She was confined in prison for three years after she rebelled. Some group got her out, and now she leads them against the government to overthrow the dictatorship.
Weapons/Equipment: Lazer gun and also a sword. She inherited the sword from her sister. Someone who was there after her death, who knew the both of them, brought it to Veranda.
Faction: Non-government rebel

Yup, there ya are.

Well, well well. What a story. And as usual before I sign up, I have something very important to say...
I''M IN!

Name: Melica Arefaen
Appearance: Auburn hair, golden eyes flecked with green. Wears dark jeans and a dark green jacket over a black tank top, as she's only just escaped from Miami.
Personality: Quick thinking and impulsive. Never considers safety or being careful. She's quite persuasive, but always prefers to fight.
Background: She never payed much attention to the government and its actions, but her sister, Lenyrin, did. Lenyrin tried to rebel against it, gathering a resistance in Miami, where they lived. The government killed the rebels brutally. They forced Meli to watch Lenyrin drown injured to show her what happened to rebels, and fearing that Meli would follow a similar path, tried to kill her. She narrowly escaped, and her left leg is prosthetic. Now, in New York, Meli's trying to stay beneath government notice but intends to continue gathering allies, as she did on her journey north.
Weapons/Equipment: Basic pistols, two of them. Nothing special... yet.(translation: I intend to upgrade them over the course of the RP)
Skills: Persuasion, mental and physical speed.
Faction: Anti-Government, the-word-for-the-people-who-gather-allies-goes-here.

Last edited:

masterSword2

Smile!
Great to see that big brother has returned. It definitely needed to be continued. You can count me in. I'll have my character up either later tonight or tomorrow:)

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Aww... you don't love the ol' blue-eyes? Now I'm sad. Anyway, you said "If you had a character in the last game and would like to join with that character, simply copy and paste from the last sign up" but also "Momiji, Roxas, Sean, Scars, Thomas, Tayler, and Soul, all dead" So, can I?

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Name: Liam
Appearance: Average height, average build, brown hair, brown eyes. Wears a t-shirt and worn jeans.
Personality: Depends on the mood I`m in.
History: Why should I tell you?
Weapons: Whatever`s available.
Skills: Improvisation, inventing, and creating
Faction: Anti-government. ( Inventor.)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Name : Will Glay
Aperance: Offical government clothing short but not buzzed cut brown hair 6' 11" glasses.
Personality: crual and controling.
Background: traind to get a confetion any way possible.
Faction: strongly tied to the goverment. After many losses and injuries he has many prosthetics although he can function just as well.
Wepons:fear
My character gets people to fight for them by threting them or things importent to them. (Generic bad guy)

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Aww... you don't love the ol' blue-eyes? Now I'm sad. Anyway, you said "If you had a character in the last game and would like to join with that character, simply copy and paste from the last sign up" but also "Momiji, Roxas, Sean, Scars, Thomas, Tayler, and Soul, all dead" So, can I?

Sorry Blue I missed some people :sweat:

Anyway, for the returning members, I meant them as dead, as in Cyrus thought they died. His personal log is only what he knows and I want it to be a plot kick off.

Also, musicfan, could you update Will to include the last 5 years please?

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.... :D. Yeah, I only really changed a few things. Scars's real identity (which I WILL reveal in this RP, may/may not be a shock to some people.)

Name: Scars (once again, I'll just SAY this is his name, since we never got that far into the BB RP.)
Appearance: Wears a mask that covers his entire face and head that looks like this:
mask_zpsf53cd10f.jpg
The only visible part of his face are his blue eyes. He wears a black jacket with the letters TS on the back. He wears blue converse and blue or black jeans.
Personality: rough and tough. Takes crap from no one. Gets the job done. Can be very caring for those in need when he is not at his job, although. This remains the same, but due to something that happened in my NEWish back story, he will be very bitter about people.
Background: (keeping most the same) His family was killed by the government when he was 15 because they felt he and his family could be a potential threat. They left him alive and he became a living science experiment. He was brainwashed to think that everyone was evil and worked for the government removing anyone that could be a potential threat to the government. About when he was 19, he regained his memories and killed everyone in his sector that he 'worked' with. After this, he realized that he could use these new memories to his advantage to avenge his family. He was in the rise-up or whatever and proclaimed dead, but really went into hiding and has not been seen since then. He is now very bitter because of the death of his comrade and the death of his previous lover, Sean (Chilfo Freeze's character). Sean was the only person he ever showed his real face to. Now, more than ever, he does not want anyone to see his pain stricken face, so he works even more overtime to avenger her.
Weapons/Equipment: A scientific sword that works as a boomerang. Looks like this:
sword_zps7e123e12.jpg
He also uses a gun, lazer gun, if a normal pistol isn't fancy enough. He mainly uses the sword, though.
Faction: Visibly Anti-gov.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
ALERT! I WILL NOT BE HERE FROM THE 18TH (4PM) TO THE 20TH. IF THE RP STARTS WHILE I'M GONE, I GIVE DH FULL REIGN WITH MY CHARACTER TO CONTROL. THAT IS ALL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom