• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Beta and Development Discussion

What do you guys think of the direction the game was going at the beginning of development? To me it seems more to the point realistic than the artsy realism we see in the final version.
Do you think the game would have been worse or better if they continued going in this direction, without the wolf and twilight? Just a hardcore Zelda title to the point. Or are you happy with the way they made it? Do you like the beta screen shots below? Do you wish it was still in the game? We're you disappointed that it wasn't in the game? Did you even know?

normal_zelda3.jpgnormal_zelda20.jpgscreenshot 11.jpgtw-2.jpgnormal_screenshot #2.jpg

Personally for me, these beta screenshots made me want this game. When I played through it and didn't find the forest, or other parts in these screen shots, it made me kind of disapointed. Especially opting out of this beta forest and adding a very linear path between trees.

Post your thoughts, and anything related to development and beta for Twilight Princess.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I also heard that the beta version was more cartoon style (not like WW or not even to the extent of SS, just a little bit). But those pics look great, and I like the game the way it is.

Majora's Cat

How about that
The beta was amazing - I think a lot of people remembered the reaction at E3 2004. Reporters were brought to tears. Fans gave a standing ovation. The crowd cried joyfully. It was perhaps the greatest moment in all of E3. TP was turning out to be too much like OoT, so that's why I think they changed it up a little bit.

I see what you mean. I'm not against gimmicks at all, and I thought it was all good ideas but they never fully utilized the wolf or twilight in my oppinion. Like, I thought you'd be really interactive with the animals when you turned into a wolf, and I thought the exploration would be really heavy from the look of the field screens and forest screens. Basically, they should have kept everything they did to this game. It would have been so much bigger! But the Gamecube disk probably didn't have enough space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom