• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Best Place to Leve Up???

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TwilightTurtle

I know alot of people dont like this game(Adventure of Link), but i think its sweet. Ive just beat the first dungeon at Parapa Palace, and im on my way to Death Mountain. But every time i go over there i run out of lives and loose all my experience and start all over. Im trying to hold off starting Death Mountain until i get some more exp points. Does anyone know a good cave, bush, or field (accessable at this point in the game) that i could just hang out at and level up faster? Im willing to spend time on it, but i have no idea where all the enimies that give you alot of exp are. Any suggestions?

MW7

I'm not that great at the game, but I think the replies you'll get will be few and far between so I'll give it a try. At the point you are at in the game, I remember asking myself this very question and the place I spent most of my time leveling is the swamp (the green area that's not quite as dark as a forest where you move very slowly) which is south of Ruto town. In the swamp there are a couple octoroks each giving 10 exp (i think) which is much better than battling slimes and they're not too difficult either. After a while you'll notice that they attack in the exact same pattern nearly every time so they'll become pushovers. You always want to battle the smaller enemy silhouette on the overworld screen in the swamp because the bigger enemy silhouette just adds annoying birds.

Unless you have amazing Zelda 2 fighting skills, you almost have to level-grind before attempting Death Mountain.

If you're looking for more experience more quickly, I suggest going through the 2nd Palace to fight stronger enemies but not defeating the boss. I don't know how familiar you are with Zelda 2, but the biggest tip I can give you is to be patient at the beginning of the game and do most of your level-grinding then. It is very easy to manipulate the leveling system to your advantage by not defeating the bosses until you are at a higher level. This is because defeating the bosses automatically brings you up to the next level. So doing this allows you to level up your last 6 steps (for each of the first 6 bosses) without battling enemies over and over again. I didn't yet mention that this method saves you a ton of time because the last couple of levels you gain require very high amounts of experience. Although to be fair, the enemies later in the game do give a lot more experience so the advantage of this method is not nearly as great as it seems at first glance, but it still saves you time in the long run.

T

TwilightTurtle

Thanks man

I'm not that great at the game, but I think the replies you'll get will be few and far between so I'll give it a try. At the point you are at in the game, I remember asking myself this very question and the place I spent most of my time leveling is the swamp (the green area that's not quite as dark as a forest where you move very slowly) which is south of Ruto town. In the swamp there are a couple octoroks each giving 10 exp (i think) which is much better than battling slimes and they're not too difficult either. After a while you'll notice that they attack in the exact same pattern nearly every time so they'll become pushovers. You always want to battle the smaller enemy silhouette on the overworld screen in the swamp because the bigger enemy silhouette just adds annoying birds.

Unless you have amazing Zelda 2 fighting skills, you almost have to level-grind before attempting Death Mountain.

If you're looking for more experience more quickly, I suggest going through the 2nd Palace to fight stronger enemies but not defeating the boss. I don't know how familiar you are with Zelda 2, but the biggest tip I can give you is to be patient at the beginning of the game and do most of your level-grinding then. It is very easy to manipulate the leveling system to your advantage by not defeating the bosses until you are at a higher level. This is because defeating the bosses automatically brings you up to the next level. So doing this allows you to level up your last 6 steps (for each of the first 6 bosses) without battling enemies over and over again. I didn't yet mention that this method saves you a ton of time because the last couple of levels you gain require very high amounts of experience. Although to be fair, the enemies later in the game do give a lot more experience so the advantage of this method is not nearly as great as it seems at first glance, but it still saves you time in the long run.

I appreciate the advice, ill try it out. I really didn't expect to get any replies cause people think its the worst zelda title. But im glad you did. Again thanks man, i keep starting and stopping when it comes to playing this game. Hopefully now i can play it through easier.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
Stay near towns when your grinding. If you feel like your going to run out of health you can always run back the nearest town. Also when battling Dairas (Namely the red ones) Try to stay away from doors because they can fall off the map through doors and will come back when you come back through (I've had this kill me several times)

Also if you haven't picked up the Link doll(s) yet. Don't do it unless your going to try to go through a palace or death mountain. If this isn't enough help you could always as El Bagu since he has actually beaten the game I believe. Have fun and be calm you'll make it through eventually.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
The area of forest above the sixth dungeon is a great spot. You can fight Lizalfos basically nonstop. There are two per screen, and since they are 150 or 200 points each depending on their color, that adds up nice and fast. Plus there are two spiders in each one too for a few extra points each time. :nerd:

Stay in the first palace, in the room with a bunch of bubbles, kill them endlessly, and youll get lots of XP.

When i get a LOT, ill usually switch to death mountain, and run through that a thousand times, until everything is level 8. :D

In the beginning of a dungeon, if you stab the Ironknuckle statue either an Ironknuckle or a red magic jar you come out. So just kill the Ironknuckle, leave the dungeon, go back in, and do it again. If you run low on health you can use the life spell and get the red magic jar to replenish your magic meter.

I know alot of people dont like this game(Adventure of Link), but i think its sweet. Ive just beat the first dungeon at Parapa Palace, and im on my way to Death Mountain. But every time i go over there i run out of lives and loose all my experience and start all over. Im trying to hold off starting Death Mountain until i get some more exp points. Does anyone know a good cave, bush, or field (accessable at this point in the game) that i could just hang out at and level up faster? Im willing to spend time on it, but i have no idea where all the enimies that give you alot of exp are. Any suggestions?

Sorry. I wish I could help. For Parapa, I always leave the palace after I get the candle to go get the Jump and Life spells, and then come back, levelling up several times in the process. As for the whole game, my fave place is in the field west of Nabooru village.

you shouldnt have beaten parapa palace what i did was go through and beat the enemies but not the boss over and over again. i was at 777 by the time i was at the boss. or outside of the hidden palace kill the red knuckle a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom