• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Movie Video Game.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
A movie video game is a video game made form a movie, :l I'd like to know which one is your favorite. Now, these things are destined to be terrible, but we all have those secret favorites. Mine is Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Game. Just, holy guacamole, I beat that game like, 10 times.

Dan

Whenever this question gets raised one game immediately always comes to mind and that's Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 and it's other generation brethren. While the game's main narrative follows the movie quite closely it also borrows many elements from the already well established Marvel universe allowing for the story to also diverge into many side battles involving characters that aren't tied to the movie. The best feature of this game however lies in it's game physics, primarily the web slinging, I've never had so much fun traveling around a virtual city before. The web slinging of Spiderman 2 is so revered that one of the developers of the game has kickstarted a game solely based around this mechanic.

I agree that most movie games are destined to fail, and it's quite probable that if Spider-man wasn't an already well established franchise then perhaps the game would have been another flop like the majority of other movie games out there.

MW7

I still play Goldeneye 007 frequently, and I would have to say it's still the best game based on a movie. A less famous game that I also loved was Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. This game had more missions directly from the movies, and also the gameplay was a little more impressive going from the N64 to the Gamecube. I also recently have been playing several SNES movie games such as the three Super Star Wars games, the Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures game, and the Jurassic Park game which was infamous for having no way to save progress (which I beat for the first time ever after owning it for nearly 20 years). I also think the Lego series of games based on movies are fairly well made, and I've been wanting to try some of the Harry Potter games that came out back when the books/movies were coming out.

Dan

I still play Goldeneye 007 frequently, and I would have to say it's still the best game based on a movie. A less famous game that I also loved was Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. This game had more missions directly from the movies, and also the gameplay was a little more impressive going from the N64 to the Gamecube. I also recently have been playing several SNES movie games such as the three Super Star Wars games, the Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures game, and the Jurassic Park game which was infamous for having no way to save progress (which I beat for the first time ever after owning it for nearly 20 years). I also think the Lego series of games based on movies are fairly well made, and I've been wanting to try some of the Harry Potter games that came out back when the books/movies were coming out.

I forgot all about the Harry Potter games. In my youth I really enjoyed the chamber of secrets on the PS2. The game allows you to explore all of hogwarts and later you can fly across the grounds on a broom which is pretty neat. Did a good job at capturing the atmosphere of the book and movies too I seem to recall. Haven't played it since my youth so I'm not sure if it still holds up or if I'm looking back at it through rose tinted glasses.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The Harry Potter games for me (except Goblet of Fire, which was just awful). If TV-show games count, then I want to add the Buffy game (the x-box exclusive one, the second cross-platform one isn't bad, but I just prefer the first).

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
The Treasure Planet game was a pretty fun platformer, from what I can remember. Also, the Jurassic Park arcade game is absolutely amazing fun.

Goldeneye, for sure. One of the best N64 games ever made. Also some of the older Disney games like Aladdin and The Lion King are really good.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A movie video game is a video game made form a movie, :l I'd like to know which one is your favorite. Now, these things are destined to be terrible, but we all have those secret favorites. Mine is Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Game. Just, holy guacamole, I beat that game like, 10 times.
I liked the fantastic four game and also the first three harry potter games. Four was **** and I didn't play any more after that.

And Spiderman 2 the game was great fun. This is the original one I haven't played the new Andrew Garfield ones.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Spiderman 2 and Goldeneye, as has been said. Damn fun.
I also liked the LOTR games for the PS2. Not the greatest games, but still fun playing through the battles of Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith.

The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay for sure for me. Voiced by Vin, and it was actually an extremely well made and interesting game. Just something about being in that prison took me away from my own reality. Sequel was good too.

Pretty much any Star Wars game for me. I'll just go with Battlefront II; I spent so many hours on that game.

If the games have to be more associated with an actually movie story, then I'll go with the more obscure Monster's Inc. game. Apparently reviews thought it was terrible, but I had a bit of fun. The Dinotopia game for GBA was also decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom