• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Best Looking Area in WWHD

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I loved the graphical overhaul in WWHD. I was wondering what part or area you think looks best in this version of the game. Personally I think the part when you Fight Gohdan is the most visually stunning bit of the game.
I think if you look at this picture you will understand why
maxresdefault.jpg

What is your favourite area in WW, from a visual perspective?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Can't believe nobody posted in this :O

Um... I really haven't played the Whole thing through yet, so I can't say for sure. The whole thing is pretty stunning compared to what it used to be. XD
I'd probably agree with you, although, Ghoma's Appearance and Kalle Demos appearance were pretty cool too.

Fig

The Altruist
I loved every location in the Wind Waker HD as it captured my eyes in glorious HD! I purposely tried to spend as much time in each island as much as possible! Although if I really had to choose my favorite location that I really enjoyed was Outset Isle, Windfall Isle, the Forsaken Fortress, Tower of the Gods, and Ganon's Tower. These five areas in the game truly took my breath away when I simply wanted to just explore the area. I was amazed by how splendid the graphics look on WWHD. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved the cel-shaded art style of the original Wind Waker, but seeing in glorious HD is truly magnificent! I really do hope that everyone can eventually enjoy the same experience that I have when I played WWHD! :love:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
All of the fairy fountains looked FANTASTIC. They already looked super cool and pretty and trippy in the first place and the Wii U just made them look even better. I played the game high a few times and when i did and went into a fairy fountain I stared at the ceiling for like 10 minutes it was awesome.

Also, Ice ring isle looked great as well

Tatltael

Site Staff
I really liked Hyrule Castle. I liked its frozen in time state a bit more than when things were moving around/had color, but that's because the frozen in time Hyrule Castle had more of a sepia effect in WWHD than it did in WW, which was more black and white. I liked the fact that the sepia made the place feel more frozen, faded and forgotten, as opposed to dead and ancient.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Hmm... I can't say I have any favorite spot... but I did notice that the hole you can go down, after you get the iron boots, (in the cave), the snow was pretty cool looking. It looked pretty realistic... um- in terms of WW graphics that is. (more so realistic in the WW world- as in, better graphic/texture layering and fog)

I don't know how to describe it. All I know is, I liked it xD

It all looks lovely.

I'm undecided though, Gohdan or gohma, they're both awesome for the same reason. I guess I need to decide between TRON-style strip lighting or a giant spider lobster thing on fire...

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
The Fairy Fountain's are absolutely breathtaking. And I mean literally. I had to stop and take it all in before even thinking about getting a bigger bomb bag. The Sea really benefited from the lighting updates, too. It made travelling the world an even more beautiful spectacle than it used to be.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I made so much fun of this game when I heard it was being released, but that's just because I was bitter about not getting a new game. Then I played it and I practically lost my mind at how amazing the graphics were. "OH MY GOD THE CLOUDS CAST SHADOWS WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?!"

Honestly? I just love sailing, the Great Sea is beautiful! It's still very much that cartoony style but there is so much more detail in it. It really pops out at you.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Certainly Windfall Island! It looks great! Still not a fan of the art style though.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Fairy Fountains, without a doubt. The first time I saw one, I was playing on the Gamepad (being pretty late at the time so I was lazing in bed) and I made a point of getting out of bed and turning on my TV just to see it in HD. I think the beautiful lighting and particles along with the music sent me off to sleep...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't own the game (or a WiiU) but judging by the screenshots I've seen of it, I can say for certain that the best looking part of the game to me is the sky. Seriously. Look at how amazingly beautiful it looks:

tumblr_n3yxwamIqu1r61mabo3_500.gif

I. Love. It. It's so gorgeous. The sky is a huge part of the reason why I want WWHD. The new graphics and visuals are spectacular for all of the areas, but the sky just really takes the cake for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom