• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Games for the N64

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The N64, though not my favourite console of all, has some of my personal favourite video games of all time! This is the thread in which you guys can post which N64 games you think are the most worth spending the money on. There are tons and tons of games for this particular console that I love, but outlined below are some of my personal favourites, and the ones I recommend most.

In no particular order:
*Banjo Kazooie
*Super Mario 64
*Donkey Kong 64
*The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
*Conker's Bad Fur Day
*Super Smash Bros.
*Diddy Kong Racing
*Paper Mario
*Banjo Tooie
*Quake II
*Jet Force Jemini
*Goldeneye 007
*Mario Party
*Mario Kart 64
*The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
*Castlevania
*Doom 64
*F-Zero X
*Glover
*Pokemon Stadium
*Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
*etc.

Those are just some of my personal favourite games released on the N64. Eight of these games are on my top 20 of all time!

Hanyou

didn't build that
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64

Unquestionably the definitive genre-defining classics of the system.

Harvest Moon 64
Goldeneye 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Kirby 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Starfox 64

Genre-defining in their own way. Nearly as good as the top two games on this list.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Jet Force Gemini
Mario Kart 64
Blast Corps
Wave Race 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Party
Pokemon Snap
Majora's Mask
Paper Mario
Pokemon Stadium
Perfect Dark

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Super Smash Bros
Kirby 64
Glover
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party 2
Super Smash Bros
Paper Mario

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
A lot already mentioned, so I'll make it brief:

The New Tetris - Best Tetris I've ever played in my entire life.

Razor Scooter - More of a guilty pleasure than anything else. Music in it is flippin' awesome, though.

Yoshi's Story - Brilliant artwork, level design, and concept. It actually gets brutally difficult after a while, too.

F-Zero X - Blows my mind at how intense this game is. So fast paced and requires lightning quick reflexes to succeed (at least at the more difficult stages).

Donkey Kong 64 - One of my favorite games of all time. right up there with OoT. Its just so brilliant. Level design, challenges, puzzle construction, the music, the scenery. Oh, just another brilliant game of my childhood.

Those are ones I personally love, aside from the obvious ones previously mentioned.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Super Mario 64 - which is still my favorite Mario 3D title and one of my favorite Mario titles to date (alongside Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World).
Donkey Kong 64 - my favorite Donkey Kong title, it really annoys me that they didn't make more 3D titles after that one, because it was great fun
Banjo Kazooie - wonderful, quirky and colorful game that was still fun to pick up to play years and years after
Occarina of Time - because, well duh!
Majora's Mask - look above, lol.

Dan

While I haven't played too many games on the blur64 I have played quite a few of the goodies. So I'll just use 5 games for my list.

1.Majoras mask
2.Ocarina of time
3.Goldeneye
4.Mario kart 64
5.Super Smash Bros

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ignorning all semblance of Mario and Zelda because too clichè...

Turok Rage Wars -
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 -
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 Second Attack
Bomberman Hero
Mace: The Dark Ages
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards

...there're a lot more but I cannot recall them at 6:40AM :I

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
Let it be known henceforth that this is now the Banjo-Kazooie + Banjo-Tooie appreciation thread.

May you all bask in the glory that is the honey-loving brown bear and his sassy orange bird sidekick. Peace be with you.

But in all honesty, the Banjo games sit atop all video games as my favorites of all time. They are nostalgic, they are fun, they are unique, they are glorious. They're really just all around fantastic perfect games in my opinion. From catchy tunes to unique characters + enemies, the games can shoot to kill in just about any video game argument.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Mischief Makers and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack are the trifecta of N64 games that people should own or at least play. :)

Keeseman

Smash is Life
My favorites, besides the obvious Zeldas and Mario 64, are:

Goldeneye 007 - Best shooting game ever. No discussion.
Banjo Kazooie - How could you not love this game? Seriously?
Mario Kart 64 - My first Mario Kart, and it got me hooked. Still awesome to play, even if the graphics aren't as good. Probably just a lot of nostalgia...
Starfox 64 - Hell yeah. Only thing wrong with this game is that Slippy won't freaking shut up.

Diddy Kong over Mario Kart? I was under the impression that MK was the definitive kart racing series.

Well, MK was on the SNES first, but Diddy Kong Racing was a 64 original... That may have been what Hanyou was saying.

If that's not the case, just remember Juicie: everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They don't have to be the same as yours. That may not have been what you were saying - it probably wasn't - but just be that's how it could come across.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Diddy Kong over Mario Kart? I was under the impression that MK was the definitive kart racing series.

Fair. My post was muddled.

However, while Mario Kart 64 and its predecessor framed the parameters for the Kart racing genre, Diddy Kong racing refined them. I still haven't played a better Kart racer.

What keeps it from being definitive, perhaps, is that it was not half as influential as it should have been.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The thing I liked about Diddy Kong Racing is that the items weren't as luck based. There was some strategy involved.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never actually fully owned an N64 I remember having it briefly as a kid however I only played a couple of games, I was apart of the Playstation 1 Era so to say. I had previously played the likes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask at a friends house when I was younger however i only appreciated the games when I purchased them on the Virtual Console. So my list is very limited but here goes...

Majora's Mask - The second Zelda game that can challenge my top ten list, a truly great experience that differs from the "norm" while still maintaining the charm of the series, definitely one of the most memorable Zelda titles.
Ocarina of Time - Not quite as good as it's successor in my opinion, however the game was completely revolutionary for its time and even today it stands alone as one of the greatest action/adventure games ever.
Super Mario 64- Bittersweet for me, I was much more of a fan of the PS1 platformers like Croc Legend of the Gobbos and the Spyro trilogy. However getting past this I really did enjoy the level design, openness of levels and the hub world. The only negatives would be the controls and awkward camera angles.
Pokemon Stadium- One of the games I can actually remember from when I briefly played the console when I was younger. Maybe it's just due to nostalgia however I loved the battles and strategies that came with it, not quite up to scratch as the handheld series however it was s nice to see Pokemon battles from a 3D perspective.

I think the N64 had a very good range of games to play. The one I enjoyed the most were:

Super Mario 64, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Conker's Bad fur day, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox 64, South Park, South Park Rally, Turok Dinosaur hunter, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, BattleTanx, Castlevania, Castlevania: legacy of Darkness, Lego Racers & Duke Nukem 64.

Ah... they sure do bring back great memories.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom