• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Fairy Fountain

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Do Wishing Wells count as Fairy Fountains? Any container of water that has a fairy? Because I actually think the Wishing Well/Fairy Fountain
behind the waterfall in ALttP where you throw in items to upgrade them is pretty cool. The ZD wiki actually says it's called the Waterfall of Wishing
but there's a Great Fairy that resides there so...

latest

The Ocarina of Time one. I love the angel head statue. The Wind Walker one is okay, but I mostly like it for the fairy.
normal_Great-Fairy-Queen.png
Twilight Princess is a masterpiece on atmosphere, but the fairy fountain wasn’t anything special. The Springs are great though. They have fairy’s in them, but I’m not sure if they count.
tumblr_nn1wegypW71sapaufo1_500.gif
I never even noticed the angel head statues, but I would have to say my favorite is the one where you have to blow up the wall where you get your first Hylian shield in Ocarina of Time in kakariko graveyard. I like it because it looks like a nice secret place to hang out.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I like the pyramid fairy in LttP, and the fairy in Ikana valley that gives you the great fairy sword.
I always hated the great fairy in TP, she just wasn’t very attractive for something that’s made out to be so beautiful, kinda like the game itself.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I wana know what they need the money for

You think these are natural?

z9YeXkV.jpg

I'm gonna go with the fairy fountains from ALttP. Part of that is pure nostalgia, but also for the fact that they were a nice respite from the dangers of the world outside. Also, the music was really lovely and the sound effect of throwing rupees into the water was very satisfying.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
the nekkid lady

The Fairy Queen from Wind Waker was my favorite. Design-wise, she's creepy and unsettling (just as she should be) and is unique. The Great Fairies in general from this game are my favorite, because they are the most creative ones we've seen in Zelda. The Mother and Child Isle is also far more whimsical than most Fairy Fountains. The entire atmosphere is cool, especially because of the unique way you access it. It isn't a whole in the floor or a cave; it physically makes sense as a place in the world of Wind Waker.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I guess they just made a solid first impression on me but the fairy fountains from OoT are my favorite. They've got the feel of these tiny yet secure, cozy domiciles in the midst of remote and even hostile environs - the perfect place for a reclusive nature fey to reside in and for a worthy traveler to get a welcome respite. I like the blend of natural and artificial elements, like the intricate stonework and water glistening down the walls. I like the little details like the cherubs in the stone arches; makes me wonder if the fairies choose and decorate their own fountains or if they are shrines erected by Hylians.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I kinda prefer the ALttP design of them, but the actual fountains... Sorry, but I have to agree OoT is better in general design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom