• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Being Able to Keep Playing After Beating the Game?

Would you like to be able to continue playing the game after beating the main story?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Would anyone else like this feature to be implemented in future Zelda games? In games such as Bioshock where sidequests are not heavily featured, I am fine with this feature. But in Mass Effect and the Zelda series, I feel like it should be implemented. Even modes such as Hero Mode do not feel as effective as being able to continue the game would.

Thoughts?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't think post-game content is an important feature that should be implemented into the series. Although it does add value to the games, I don't believe it's entirely necessary. If they add it, fine by me. If they don't, I have no problem with that.

They did this in Minish Cap, actually. And, I THINK they did it in, uh, Spirit Tracks? I don't really remember, but that seems like a thing that was done... It was alright when they did it, I guess. I don't really think it matters much though. To me the difference between saving before the last boss to load and keep playing and saving after the last boss to load and keep playing seems pretty negligible. Like, I guess... I dunno. Doesn't matter to me. :I

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
They didn't do it in Spirit Tracks. And it doesn't matter to me if they do...I mean on one hand, I have easy access to the final boss...on the other hand, I can see what happens after its over...an...epilogue if you will.

post game content would be nice but if its a game that is as big and as full as it should be then you'd still have lots to do in th world after beating the game anyway, its just a case of being lucky enough to get a zelda game that is that full.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I had an idea. Hidden temples that are not part of the main storyline. With bosses that are generally overgrown/mutated ordinary enemies.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Yes! Being able to continue playing after beating the game would be awesome, because then you would truly feel as if you saved the land. They did that in OoX, but there wasn't enough to do. What they would need is more things you could do afterwards.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Of course! Just because you've beaten the main story, doesn't mean the adventure has to end! They could have completely different sidequest in the game.

There could be consequences & rewards for sidequest you never finish before the main story. For example, what if Link hadn't done the Cave of Ordeals in TP? Would the monsters in the cave inhabit the enemies stronghold in the desert?

Or better yet, you could have an aftergame story instead of sidequest, instead of a few sidequest. In SS, What did Link say when Zelda asked what he wants to do? How did the Skyloftians become the Hyrulians?

Games could even have sidequest that surround another main character. This could be what happened to the King of Hyrule after he stayed with his kingdom. Or it could be about what happened to Midna after she broke the mirror.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Mistwalker/X-Seed did something like this in The Last Story after the main plotline was concluded as an Epilogue of sorts, and even added a couple of bonus missions, which I absolutely loves. If Zelda followed this trend, then it would be an utterly amazing move for the series.

Sphere 211?

[video=youtube;QVnDN8ZrGnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVnDN8ZrGnI[/video]

They did this in Minish Cap, actually. And, I THINK they did it in, uh, Spirit Tracks? I don't really remember, but that seems like a thing that was done... It was alright when they did it, I guess. I don't really think it matters much though. To me the difference between saving before the last boss to load and keep playing and saving after the last boss to load and keep playing seems pretty negligible. Like, I guess... I dunno. Doesn't matter to me. :I

The question is not having extra content to do after the final boss (although I 100% welcome that), but suppose there is a side mission you forget to do and you only learn about it AFTER you beat the game. Do you really want to have to run ALL THE WAY BACK to where the side mission is and then REPEAT the final boss just so that your game saves it?

[video=youtube;QVnDN8ZrGnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVnDN8ZrGnI[/video]

Lol, what does that have to do with the thread?

Last edited:
The question is not having extra content to do after the final boss (although I 100% welcome that), but suppose there is a side mission you forget to do and you only learn about it AFTER you beat the game. Do you really want to have to run ALL THE WAY BACK to where the side mission is and then REPEAT the final boss just so that your game saves it?

Oh, yeah, I guess I hadn't necessarily considered that. While I still don't consider it that big of a deal (I'm always down for repeating a boss :P ), I guess having the ability to mop up in the afterwards of the game might be somewhat of a pleasant feature. Alright, I acquiesce. I will vote in favor. :I

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Well, I can agree with the idea to a certain extent. I mean, it would be a good thing (for most games) to put in some after-game content. But if you've got too much AGC, it just feels too far drawn-out. For Zelda, if they added, say, a bonus dungeon after beating the game, that would be cool. But I don't want a Disc One Final Boss scenario.

Seems I was the only one who voted no. Here's my view:
Zelda is an epic. When you're done the game, it's finished. Nothing else left; evil was vanquished. Having a post-game means DLC and dungeons for you to do. That's all gravy until you realize it makes no sense anymore. I don't like it, myself.

Well, I don't think post-game content was necessarily what was being suggested. Just not being forced out of your adventure the moment you beat the baddie. In case you wanna go trade in them trophies for a last heart container out of nothing more than a completionist's instinct. If the story is really what's important to you though, and not having motivation to keep playing pulls you out of that, then it makes sense that that kind of thing would bug you. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom