• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Assist Trophy Design

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What Zelda character, item, thing, would you like to see as an assist trophy in the new SSB? Say what it is and what it will do in the game Be creative and think about how it will impact gameplay. If we get enough submissions, I'll add a poll and we can vote on who did the best. Also, you can do multiple submissions, but no copying other people or spamming the things.

You can even use a character that someone else used, provided you give them a unique move.

No currently existing trophies may be used!

My submission is a follows:
Yuga- Yuga appears. He shoots his painting magic horizontally in both directions. This traps as a 2D painting spite along the lines of Mr. Game n Watch. You will actually be frozen in place temporarily, and enemies will be able to pummel you for several seconds. Since your frozen in place, you can't get knocked off; merely damaged. You also get a second of invincibility after recovering in order to avoid people knocking you once you came back. This sort of assist trophy hasn't been done before, and I think people will really like it. It's challenging to get hit by, but the added invincibility balances it out. It ultimately is a fun new move.

Ravio- Ravio (dressed in his adorable rabbit outfit) appears with his bag of money. He reaches into it and pulls out the Tornado rod. This item is new, and I feel it will be nice to add a new item to that non-ALBW players haven't seen. Ravio uses the gale boomerang to blast opponents around him with wind. The cyclone actually sucks you in and shoots you out the opposite side of where you came in, while doing some damage. The size of the vortex will be big enough to grab people, but small enough that you still get some room to dodge it on Final Destination. Also, Ravio comically spirals up and off the stage as he uses it. It will be an interesting move that will change the positions of people on the map, and that could be decisive in smaller battles. I feel it will be be an interesting new trophy that should totally be in SSB4.

So those were two pretty cool ones. Are any of you brave enough to try and top them?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask: Appears and flies upwards after a taunt. He floats up at the top of the screen for a second, then shouts like he does in MM when he tries bringing the moon down. Then the moon from MM falls straight down across the entire stage. Depending on how large the stage is, it can either swallow up the whole thing, or little edges will be on the outside where the player can seek protection from the attack. Alternatively, the moon can appear beneath the Skull Kid and begin sucking everything up. Stand too close to the center of the stage and you'll be swallowed up by it and either hurt massively and tossed back down, or defeated completely, depending on how bad your percentage of damage is (150% or more). Although MM isn't the most current Zelda game, with all the hype about MM3D lately, I'm sure it would work.

Midna: Midna appears and does a taunt. She then gathers all the pieces of the Fused Shadows and they fly around her face, then connect to her face. She transforms into her ultimate form from TP, and begins walking across the stage, knocking people away, possibly using that sword thing as well. Maybe grabs some people and throws them, or hits them so hard they get buried into the ground. Because this form is so large and bulky, Midna is very slow and won't move much from one spot. It would be up to the opponent to knock them into it.

Sheik

:the:
But, uh, NM... Skull Kid and Midna are already in the game. ._.

Impa (from SS): If she isn't a playable character, then let her be an Assist Trophy. Her actions come from the scene at the Gate of Time in Lanayru. She follows beside the player (in a sort of fashion of how she travels beside Zelda in SS). She throws up blue shields to protect the player from incoming projectiles and even other players (like how she used a blue shield to defend against Ghirahim). She also drops bombs on other players (like how she dropped a bomb to destroy the Gate of Time). So, uh... yeah.

I might think of more later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom