• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ark's Perplexing Puzzles

zants follower

underling of the dark god
Athena, the goddess of wisdom, had the symbol of the owl. The owls crapping on the philosophers shows that Athena disapproves of them or thinks they're dumb or something of the likes.

ninja'd, but it shouldn't matter.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Both incorrect. :(

Also, time for a hint-

Think if you were one of the philosiphers. What would you be laughing at?

New PP total= 6PP

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I guess I'll start out playing this with some negative points.

The one philosopher started choking on the pellet, which had fallen in his mouth.

The thicker glass is more likely to break, as there is more resistence to expansion.

Steve

5/19/13
All three were laughing at each other over the fact that they had "presents" on their face, until one realized that he must have a "present" on his, if both others are also laughing. Thus, he stopped laughing.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Incorrect for the first answer.

The second answer is correct. I'll give you those points instead of the first puzzle's points.

BTW, the second one was an alternative to the first. If you didnt want to answer one, answer the other. ;)

New PP total for Q. 11- 3PP available. @Locke

CORRECT STEVE! :D 3PP for you~

~~~~

Puzzle 012- Physics Problems 2 - 10PP

Down in a deep diamond mine, a mile or so below the surface of the earth, is the force of gravity more or less than that at the entrance to the mine up at ground level? (Assume the Earth has a uniform density, and ignore any centrifugal and centripetal forces).

Steve

5/19/13
The closer you are to the Earth's center, the less mass that is beneath you, and therefore: less gravitational force.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The closer you are to the Earth's center, the less mass that is beneath you, and therefore: less gravitational force.

Correct. 7PP to you~

Puzzle 013- Twins? -5PP

One day Kerry celebrated her birthday. Two days later her older twin brother, Terry, celebrated his birthday. How come?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
But there's also less distance to the center, which being in the denominator of the formula and squared outweighs the change in mass (depending on density) and increases the force.

Kerry was born late February 28th, Terry was born early March 1st, both on a non-leap-year. This year is leap year.

Steve

5/19/13
Terry simply celebrated his birthday two days after his true birth date, for reasons unknown.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
But there's also less distance to the center, which being in the denominator of the formula and squared outweighs the change in mass (depending on density) and increases the force.

Kerry was born late February 28th, Terry was born early March 1st, both on a non-leap-year. This year is leap year.

Correct! :P ~5PP~

Puzzle 014- Who's the Culprit?- 20PP

Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom