• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Any Future Zelda Remakes Won't Be for 3DS or Wii U!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Hey everyone, Vita here. I'm posting this topic to let you know my take on has been just been confirmed for the future Zelda remakes. A lot of us have been hoping for a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS or even for Wii U. Well, I have some unfortunate news. It turns that sadly MM 3D or MM HD (at least for Wii U that is) won't happen at all. Just recently, in a interview with Aonuma, he had this to say:

Aonuma: We have talked about that from the get-go, but we need to see how well Wind Waker HD does in order to set up our next title. Remakes are popular now, but we don’t know whether or not we will keep doing them from this point forward.

With Ocarina of Time 3D, we wanted a world which could expand using the feel of the 3D effect, that’s why we chose Ocarina of Time. So, it wasn’t just a regular revival, it was more of a rebirth in that case. We don’t know how many years it will be until the next remake, nor do we know what sort of hardware there will be. Perhaps, when there is a new piece of technology, we would look at existing Zelda games and decide if we would like to remake one of them.

After reading what Aonuma just said, you notice possibly that Nintendo still might make MM remake in future, so fortunately, there's still hope. However, if a MM remake were to made in the future, it won't be on the 3DS or Wii U and it we'd have to wait at least a decade for that to happen. Unfortunately, the same applies to all other Zelda games that haven't been remade yet.

Anyways, what you people's thoughts on this? Would you want to wait at least ten years for MM remake or not get a remake at all?

Salem

SICK
That wouldn't necessarily mean no remakes on the 3DS and Wii U, it means they will only make remakes after a few years, the interview doesn't mention decades.

At least this mean no remakes for a while, that's a relief.

VitaTempusN92

That wouldn't necessarily mean no remakes on the 3DS and Wii U, it means they will only make remakes after a few years, the interview doesn't mention decades.

At least this mean no remakes for a while, that's a relief.

Yeah but when I said decade, I was talking about that by the time they get a nice new piece of technology out it'll be about few years and they would probably just use that for like a TP HD for Wii U or something which take another year, so that's around four or five years from now. Then they would probably come out with the next handheld within two or three years after TP HD, so that would be like six, seven, or eight years from now, that's close to a decade in terms of a yearly basis. So they probably won't have a MM remake until the next handheld comes out mostly because of OoT 3D and also because MM hasn't been on handheld before.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Aww, come on! A Link Between Worlds is almost done, it even contains Majora's Mask in some form. It's time to do more Zelda games for the 3DS. First, Majora's Mask 3D, then another original game and finally A Link to the Past 3D. The last one with ALBW graphics and Ancient Stone Tablets as an unlockable bonus.

VitaTempusN92

Aww, come on! A Link Between Worlds is almost done, it even contains Majora's Mask in some form. It's time to do more Zelda games for the 3DS. First, Majora's Mask 3D, then another original game and finally A Link to the Past 3D. The last one with ALBW graphics and Ancient Stone Tablets as an unlockable bonus.

The Majora's Mask from the game "Zelda: Majora's Mask" in ALBW doesn't count as a remake. Also, what part of "when there is a new piece of technology" don't you understand? That being said, I wouldn't expect any more remakes to even be announced until at least 2016. However, if Zelda Wii U doesn't come out until late 2015 or anytime in 2016, that could (not saying it would or will) effect whether or not we may get an announcement for another remake in 2016 cause it could be to early. So we may not get our hands on another remake until at least 2017 and I can guarantee you that the remake we get won't be MM or ALttP, especially if it's on Wii U, it will probably be TP HD since it has been brought up and talked about before. Like I said in my response to Sroa Link, if we ever get a MM remake, it will probably be on the next handheld system and won't be in our hands until like at least eight years from now. As for a remake of ALttP, I doubt that would ever happen considering that ALBW was originally supposed to be an ALttP remake, guess what happened, we are getting a entirely new game that is a in-direct sequel to ALttP. That mostly due to fact Aonuma wanted it another original new game not another remake, especially when it came ALttP as he was unsure as to how he were to go about remaking the game, as a result, he couldn't do it and instead he decided it would best to just make it a new game rather than a remake since that is what some Zelda fans wanted anyways. So as a result to that, the game we are getting is what we now know as "A Link Between Worlds". Let's put it this way, if Nintendo were make another attempt at remaking ALttP, they will probably end finding themselves making a sequel to ALBW whether it will be direct or in-direct (again). That being said, I don't how we will be getting an actual remake of ALttP ever. Thinking back to MM, now that I think of, by the time even get to remaking MM, they will probably end up making a sequel to that as well. So in this case, it seems to me that Nintendo seems wanting to make more new games than remakes. So to satisfy as much fans as possible, Nintendo prefers to make sequels instead of remakes. The reason, they remade OoT and WW was mostly to test new in-game mechanics to use for new Zelda games.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm fine with them not doing remakes for a while. I know remakes are very popular right now, but I'd rather Nintendo's resources go into developing brand new titles designed around the new hardware than remakes that merely conform to them. There's not much of an issue of unavailability, as most of the older Zelda games are still available in their original forms or in previously-remade forms. We don't need to remake the same games 4 or 5 times, what we need are brand new Zelda games.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
Honestly, where can Nintendo go past the Wii U? Would they make something similar to the kinect? Doubt it....

With the Wii and Wii U, they pretty much have the best tech around, and all that I can really think of would be 3D consoles, but, well, you'd need a 3D TV for that....

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
While I love MM and would love to see it in 3D/HD, it isn't needed, nor any other remake is needed for now. OoT 3D and TWWHD were important to show off Nintendo's new hardware as these 2 new consoles are such big step ups from the Wii and DS(i). If a remake of a game is really easy to make, for instance ALttP using the ALBW engine, then maybe we will get some more in the not too distant future, but I think for this generation that'll be it. Anyway, what's wrong with new games? That's the whole point of a continuing series righttt? :S

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm glad they're not rushing into a remake due to fan demand. Of course fan demand counts for something but Nintendo have to put their hearts into the game itself.

A remake shouldn't be rushed, they should take their time and correct certain flaws and perfect the original experience as best as they can. Nintendo are very patient with this series and it seems we have two titles to enjoy in due time (A Link Between Worlds and Zelda Wii U) so I don't think we necessarily need A remake just yet.

Clank

Hmm
I think that this is good, I mean TP and SS can both be played in HD using Dolphin, so what is the point of a remake?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am actually happy to hear this news. I am against remaking games because I really don't see the point in it, so I am really glad that we won't be having any for a while. I would greatly prefer if they spent more time working on new stuff instead of remaking already amazing games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom