• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Mafia: Every Day's a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
After thoroughly reading all of the posts as of now, I have noticed that Rep's scum hunting is a bit alarming. There's nothing wrong with scum hunting but you are really grasping at straws at the moment. All I say is "he's scummy because he voted for Player X" or "he's scummy because he hasn't been active". I don't want to pop your bubble but we all have lives outside of the forum so we can't be in this game 24/7. With your logic we say that you are scummy because you are inactive from the hours of X to Y, but see how that's not really good evidence that a player is indeed scum.

I was told I was grasping at straws when I lead the godfather lynch.

he's scummy because he voted for Player X
Never said this. I explained IN DETAIL why Atticus voting No Lynch when she could have simply done nothing and Stitch would have been lynched is extremely suspicious.

I also said that ALIT voting for Atticus 30 minutes before the end of the day is a bit suspicious, but that's it. It is suspicious. I never voted for ALIT, never IGMEOY on ALIT, never FOS'd ALIT. I said it's suspicious.

he's scummy because he hasn't been active
When did I even say this..? Oh, you mean I reiterated what Stitch himself said but also backed it up with other, more concrete evidence? If I thought inactivity = scum I would be voting for half of the damn game. Can you give me a reason why Atticus would vote No Lynch as a mafia member if not to protect the mafia? Mafia WANTS to lynch town, so if a townie looks like they are going to be lynched (Stitch), why prevent it? Is it really outrageous to suggest that perhaps they are not town?

You say you have thoroughly read all of the posts. I say not thoroughly enough.

Again, I recommend to everyone to read every post to comprehension before responding so I don't get accused of doing things that I didn't do.

EBWODP
I am considering the possibility that Atticus did not notice that Stitch had a vote. I do not deny this as a possibility and that is why I am saying I am not rushing things and am acknowledging that we have a lot of time to choose a lynch target.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Fig? I see where you're coming from, but for the most part Rep is doing good. The only hunt I'm unsure of is ALiT.
Rep? You may be overacting a teeny bit. Keep calm and hunt on.

Jamie

Fig? I see where you're coming from, but for the most part Rep is doing good. The only hunt I'm unsure of is ALiT.
Rep? You may be overacting a teeny bit. Keep calm and hunt on.

Sorry for my reaction, I am just a little annoyed because I've been the most active player here, and then people keep coming in and telling me this and that without fully reading my posts/understanding them. It is a tad stressful.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ebwodp: thanks Atty. Bye.
I'm now saying the Stitch lynch isn't such a great idea. Does everyone remember the first time you were voted for? How about one of your scumbuds? If Atty were new scum, then your theory would make sense. However, this was her fourth time as mafia. I wouldn't expect something like that from a veteran mafioso. It could be either as Rep said, that she didn't notice the vote, or that she was attempting to frame Stitch. More likely the former, because there was no sign that she would end up lynched.

Ebwodpfr: no problem Rep. This can be a stress-inducing game.

Jamie

I agree with you Deku, there is little to no chance she was trying to frame Stitch. I will say however that it is possible that she missed the vote.

That being said, experienced or not, all scum make slip ups. It seems like a "rookie" mistake but perhaps it was an act of desperation. What you must realize is if my theory is correct, she very likely did not think her no lynch attempt would lead to her being lynched. If she was never lynched, a Stitch suspicion based on the vote never would have happened. And if she were to be killed later, it was so early in the game there's a decent chance we never would have made the connection. It was day 2 and I think the possibility of her not wanting one of her goons to be lynched so early is very real. But again, nothing is final. I hope we can continue to have good discussion based on this theory.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I dont like the stich not defending himself thing. If I remember correctly he pulled the same "defense" before( I maybe missemembering) and he slipped under the radar. I think along with our plan to have the cop investigate who we vote for we should do the same for the vig but give them a list just in case the mafia have some form of protective role.

Invstigate ALiT
Possible vig targets
Pancake samurai since (no offence to him he seems to be having issues getting on the comp) has contributed nothing unless he gets replaced or modkilled
Fig discredits the only scum hunting going on and provides no alternative supposition.

I personally think we should look into some of the inactives and see if there are small connections so that we dont lose any of our bigger players or any of our active players due to a mislynch.

Fig

The Altruist
Ok so I was reading some Stitch's and if there's one thing I really dislike about him is that he has this pushover personality. I'm sorry but I'm speak with truth because it doesn't help the town and doesn't help him either. The fact that he's willing to lynch himself means that he has no defense and usually I see this when PK is scum and has no way to defend himself. I'm not saying that Stitch is confirmed scum, but he's just as helpful as an inactive. On top of that, that means the mafia could see just how useless he is and make an easy kill. And then he wonders why he doesn't survive for long in mafia games.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ok so I was reading some Stitch's and if there's one thing I really dislike about him is that he has this pushover personality. I'm sorry but I'm speak with truth because it doesn't help the town and doesn't help him either. The fact that he's willing to lynch himself means that he has no defense and usually I see this when PK is scum and has no way to defend himself. I'm not saying that Stitch is confirmed scum, but he's just as helpful as an inactive. On top of that, that means the mafia could see just how useless he is and make an easy kill. And then he wonders why he doesn't survive for long in mafia games.

Do you have any response for me listing you as a vig target?

Stitch

AKA Patrick

I was never willing to lynch myself, I was only trying to prove a point, clearly everybody seems to have ignored it and doing what I'm sure the mafia are wanting us to do. I'll admit, I can't figure out Atticus's no-lynch vote from Day 2 either, it seems my un-lucky streak is continuing and Atticus apparently made a mistake and that mistake just so happens to make me look like scum.

Anyway, this post of yours seems kind of strange. You aren't scum hunting, you aren't voting, you aren't even building a case against me. You're just pointing a finger and saying "This guy is weak, let's take him down, but I'm not going to start it so I don't make myself look scum if he turns up town!" It seems oddly desperate for the situation.
FOS: Fig

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I was never willing to lynch myself, I was only trying to prove a point, clearly everybody seems to have ignored it and doing what I'm sure the mafia are wanting us to do. I'll admit, I can't figure out Atticus's no-lynch vote from Day 2 either, it seems my un-lucky streak is continuing and Atticus apparently made a mistake and that mistake just so happens to make me look like scum.

Anyway, this post of yours seems kind of strange. You aren't scum hunting, you aren't voting, you aren't even building a case against me. You're just pointing a finger and saying "This guy is weak, let's take him down, but I'm not going to start it so I don't make myself look scum if he turns up town!" It seems oddly desperate for the situation.

That's not quite how I see it. He's more complaining about you I think. I can see where you're coming from though.

Fig

The Altruist
Do you have any response for me listing you as a vig target?

If you are talking about your previous post, I wasn't discrediting Rep's scum hunting but rather stating that we can't just jump into conclusions. I would provide some form of scum hunting or who I have suspicions on, but everything is either vague or inactive for me to properly judge. Considering we have at least three inactive players, Fiery Klong, FarnabyIsland, and Polkalink (though he is a newcomer to the game so I'll wait for his/her response of the current game). Not to mention, Pancake is active forum-wise practically everyday yet has probably either forgotten about the game, is hiding throughout the entirety of the game and only leaving remarks such as what Imogen stated before she died, or has dropped the game in general.

I just going to say this, but disclaimer, I wasn't trying to build a case around you. I was saying that you are not helping at all if you are willing to vote for yourself because that means the mafia is just a step close with a basically your free lynch if you do vote for yourself and were to be lynched. I will admit I'm not scum hunting or voting at the moment, but where in the rules does it say that scum hunting or voting guarantees that a player is town? I just personally can't pinpoint anyone to be mafia since there are many inactives and what we have given is very limited. With that logic that means me, A Link in Time, AvatarFlygon (replaced by Heroine of Time), Fiery Klong, FarnabyIsland42, Ver-go-a-go-go (replaced by PokaLink), Mellow Ezlo, PancakeSamurai, and yourself are all considered mafia since we all are apparently not scum hunting and/or voting with Deku Music, and Rep doing some sort of scum hunting to a degree and Thar being confirmed to be a townie. But if that's the case, then the mafia already won since that is the majority.

EDWODP
That's not quite how I see it. He's more complaining about you I think. I can see where you're coming from though.

Exactly. I'm rather upset that Stitch was willing to vote for himself as if there nothing left to do. Considering how PK always uses this tactic when he can't protect himself and coincidentally flips mafia, it really is very interesting how a possible play style could be copied.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I just going to say this, but disclaimer, I wasn't trying to build a case around you. I was saying that you are not helping at all if you are willing to vote for yourself because that means the mafia is just a step close with a basically your free lynch if you do vote for yourself and were to be lynched. I will admit I'm not scum hunting or voting at the moment, but where in the rules does it say that scum hunting or voting guarantees that a player is town? I just personally can't pinpoint anyone to be mafia since there are many inactives and what we have given is very limited. With that logic that means me, A Link in Time, AvatarFlygon (replaced by Heroine of Time), Fiery Klong, FarnabyIsland42, Ver-go-a-go-go (replaced by PokaLink), Mellow Ezlo, PancakeSamurai, and yourself are all considered mafia since we all are apparently not scum hunting and/or voting with Deku Music, and Rep doing some sort of scum hunting to a degree and Thar being confirmed to be a townie. But if that's the case, then the mafia already won since that is the majority.

EDWODP

Exactly. I'm rather upset that Stitch was willing to vote for himself as if there nothing left to do. Considering how PK always uses this tactic when he can't protect himself and coincidentally flips mafia, it really is very interesting how a possible play style could be copied.

How about you re-read what I said? I straight up said that you weren't building a case up against me. I'm not suspicious of you because you aren't scum-hunting or voting, but because your post against me is odd. I never said that I was willing to vote for myself, I even said that I wasn't. Heck, I even voted for somebody else already. You should know this stuff if you had actually read through my post(s). Why are you having so much trouble with that?

Jamie

and Rep doing some sort of scum hunting to a degree

Okay, tired of this. I was told earlier my scum hunting "needs work", and I lynched the godfather. Now you, who have done very little if anything to support the town over these last few days says I am doing "some sort of scum hunting to a degree". Perhaps you didn't mean for it to come out that way, but it sounds as if you are belittling me and my abilities. I provided clear and concise evidence. Anyone could admit, including Stitch himself, that my evidence makes sense and does raise suspicions. DekuNut brought up a good point about Atticus' experience but that does not make my point moot.

I am literally doing all that I can with the evidence that is present, which is more than you or anyone else in this game can say. Say what you want about me, I am doing all that I can. I don't know what I have done to you to deserve this attitude, I believe I've been kind to you in our few encounters, but I am just about tired of it.

I won't respond to your silly vague comments about me anymore, but I thought I'd say at least that.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Okay, i just read all the posts, and even with skimming it was a pain in the butt, and i'm still not all that caught up.

My gut instincts say Stitch is scum, for the reasons already stated (his and attys little thing) and also the way he pushes off accusations so casually, trying hard to avert attention. And two the "town act" hes putting on, saying things like "i understand why you would suspect me," which reminds me of the whole stupid Mafia tactic of "i may or may not be town, blah blah blah," also the way he tries to make friends with everyone, going with the safest routes, sure, this isn't entirely scummy, but its really the only lead i see at the moment.

I'm curious to see how the game develops from this point on, i'm also concerned with the inactives, people who don't post anything, don't post anything suspicious, and even though people say "don't vote them until they say something" that only promotes the protection of Mafia trying to hide in the dark, and for that reason:

Vote: Fiery Klongo

EDWODP
VOTE: FIERY KLONGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom