• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Amazon UK's Wii U Page Leak

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I'm here to gather opinions. If you haven't heard, about two days ago Amazon UK launched a page that offered customers the chance to pre-order the Wii U. This page was quickly pulled, and that's no surprise: there was possibly huge significant information leaked about the console. Information that Nintendo has yet to fill us in on: Price and release date.

Wii-U-Price.jpg

Okay so I will start speculation. The price listed above is £199, which to my understanding is about $310. This doesn't surprise me, because I've always thought the Wii U would launch at or around $299.

The odd ball here is the July 14th release date. This goes against every other piece of information about the launch that we have gotten. Developers making games for the Wii U have said on multiple occasions, "Our game will be coming out around the Wii U's launch window, sometime this holiday season." I really don't think a summer release date is opportune, but hey, Amazon usually doesn't post these kinds of pages without having credible information, and their leaks have been spot on in the past.

What do you guys think? I'm not too keen on the release date, but the price sounds right to me and I do trust Amazon. I guess this is just more money for the speculation jar...

Dan

I would be very happy with that price point. The Wii cost £180.
The date however is definitely an error, there's no way they can possibly come out it in a month. Nintendo said it's going to be around Q4.
Nice find lord death.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Date is obviously not true, and I'm partial on the pricing as well -- the PS3 launched at like $699 or $599USD can't remember which one. Of course it's strong as heck AND has a blu ray player, but you get my point. The Wii U in my mind would cost at least $350USD because it's stronger than the PS3 and that gamepad if it launches alongside a console would be at the very least $50 but I'm sure it'll be $60+. Convert all of that to the world currency that you use.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
The price seems plausible, but at the same time, I would not be suprised if the price was different. About the release date, if it was coming out that soon, we'd hear it first from Nintendo, not Amazon, so that's most likely not true.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't really mind waiting for a Holiday release, or heck, a release next year. I main gripe with the console was its price, and it's somewhat comforting to know it should be lower than the $600 price that EB games has listed.

Unfortunately retailers do this all the time. They pull a release date & price out of thin air in order to try and get preorders. They have absolutely no information that we don't have yet, they are just guessing like everyone else. Gamestop especially does this constantly. They'll gladly take your money now though if you're so inclined.

Why people still put any stock in what they see on an online retailer website is beyond me. Don't believe it until it you hear it from the horses mouth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom