• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Mint Elv

Fish!
To be fair, I was trying to get you saved. Your wife wrote in and I believed her and everything.
You’ve actually been pretty great. When I say town I mean the majority. You even tried to work with storm which proves that you are trying. It’s more of the majority doesn’t want to try with us.

its a pretty strange state of affairs, although i can kind of see where they're coming from because i felt pretty bitter in ASMM3 when judas traveler and friends ganged up on me and hammered me without explaining what was going on or really giving me a chance to defend myself. In a game about dialogue it can be frustrating to have people seemingly disinterested in anything you have to say because they're convinced their mech information is flawless.
I would have to have liked to seen a claim from Silverfish before he was lynched, but what can we do? We don't know what peoples lynch thresholds are.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
not octuple voting them out of the blue would have helped probably

You’ve actually been pretty great. When I say town I mean the majority. You even tried to work with storm which proves that you are trying. It’s more of the majority doesn’t want to try with us.
Ok, When you say town, you mean majority. And the majority doesn't want try with "us"? Its like... what? I thought you were town all game, and then it you turned yourself into a villian. Why did you turn?

not octuple voting them out of the blue would have helped probably
Its a degenerate strategy, that's how it should be played. Mafia can end up being a series of chain lynches to end the game. And its better if there fast, usually.

Actually, I don't how you got lynched. So I don't want to say more than that, cause I'm not going to go back and look. But I remember coming to you one night in that and being like, "hey I know your mafia, join the mafia its super cool." But you wouldn't, and kept saying whatever story you were saying. So, I'm not sure I agree on that particular instance.

I mean except for the vendetta he started against KoD which resulted in KoD deciding to turn the entire mafia into villains in the first place. >_>

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I mean except for the vendetta he started against KoD which resulted in KoD deciding to turn the entire mafia into villains in the first place. >_>
I outed him as likely mafia when what little we knew about the gamestate was that town can't win with mafia (which turned out to be ultimately false, because of course it did).

I don't think it's necessarily my fault that the mafia team decided to turn villain based on my impression of what happened.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Ok, When you say town, you mean majority. And the majority doesn't want try with "us"? Its like... what? I thought you were town all game, and then it you turned yourself into a villian. Why did you turn?
I was origin aligned. I actually told Freddeh more details than I said in thread to make me town since I knew he was cleared town. I was cautious. I had a chance of curing myself. Every phase set I had to create a cure. I had a chance of curing myself or Spider-Man could have possibly helped. I did send coded messages early on to the bugle. Like others I didn’t think mafia and town could win together so why give them more info?
I wouldn’t entirely blame Rubik. Sure the Bugle put out some slander but it was torch who attacked. The superheroes have been too hot headed.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Since everyone else has said it, It may be possible for me to with with town. But I doubt it's going to happen. If anything, you townies should be begging to win with the villains! Torch, if you ever decide to jump ship and switch sides, we would welcome you with open arms.
I would be interested in any information you have on how either might be achieved, especially the former. I doubt I ever become a villain unless some crazy stuff happens though, and it would probably be less fun as I would likely have a significantly lower power threshold potential and get my butt whooped by the family.

I was origin aligned. I actually told Freddeh more details than I said in thread to make me town since I knew he was cleared town. I was cautious. I had a chance of curing myself. Every phase set I had to create a cure. I had a chance of curing myself or Spider-Man could have possibly helped. I did send coded messages early on to the bugle. Like others I didn’t think mafia and town could win together so why give them more info?

I wouldn’t entirely blame Rubik. Sure the Bugle put out some slander but it was torch who attacked. The superheroes have been too hot headed.
Y'all loooove bringing up the fact that I attacked KoD, huh. Killjoys. Won't let me roleplay. In all seriousness though, I see a big button, I press it, that's a personal quirk. I can be blamed for it, I accept that. In actuality though that attack attempt against KoD was more of a mechanical test that didn't end up going the way I expected. If my understanding of the situation is correct in hindsight, the attack would ordinarily never have gone through. KoD turned out to be an exception to the rule, or at least my understanding of it. My bad. We've moved past that though. Both KoD and myself have shown that we're willing to compromise in pursuit of a larger goal.
(On this note @KingofDominaria, I realize I've been tardy wrt some stuff, communication is a mechanical difficulty for me and day ended prematurely yesterday. I ask for patience. I intend to contact you today.)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I know rag and you were mafia. Is rag now a villain? Or something else. And what of you?

Of this was a normal mafia game we would be illogical. But it’s not. There are opportunities for at least some of us to actually work with town or even be saved. But when town just tries to kill without even trying to work with you, it is irritating. Town needs to stop trying to treat this like a normal mafia game. It’s that treatment that has given so many villains.
ok so here's a genuine question, mostly for you but also for the whole game i guess idk

what is town supposed to do? what do you want me and other non-heroes/villains to do? do you want me to just sit back and watch everything unfold without doing anything? the only way for me to really affect the game state is by voting and you're asking me not to vote for you, or probably any villain, while everyone else runs around and tries to find cures or whatever. so what is the point of me playing? do you really think zinger made a game where an entire faction's role is to do nothing but stay alive and boost numbers so the game doesn't end too quickly?
like idk i get that there's a whole background of **** that i'm not privy to and i understand that, but at this point i personally feel that if i am not voting then there is no point to me even looking at this game.
I love every non-townie getting pissed at town for seeing them as threats and treating them like assholes for it.
literally like omg

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Town also lost the last Spiderman mafia game because we didn't take Zinger at his word that threats to Town were threatening to Town (and thus needed to be dealt with), so excuse me for taking him at his word this time.

We either die from inaction or we get punished for our actions of playing to our win condition; it's kind of a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
ok so here's a genuine question, mostly for you but also for the whole game i guess idk

what is town supposed to do? what do you want me and other non-heroes/villains to do? do you want me to just sit back and watch everything unfold without doing anything? the only way for me to really affect the game state is by voting and you're asking me not to vote for you, or probably any villain, while everyone else runs around and tries to find cures or whatever. so what is the point of me playing? do you really think zinger made a game where an entire faction's role is to do nothing but stay alive and boost numbers so the game doesn't end too quickly?
like idk i get that there's a whole background of **** that i'm not privy to and i understand that, but at this point i personally feel that if i am not voting then there is no point to me even looking at this game.

literally like omg
This is a difficult question that I've been mulling over for some time. I don't have a real answer, but I do have some thoughts. I think Rubik asked earlier how town is supposed to win. I think the point is that there's no "supposed" to here.
This is a game about Origins. Not just canon ones, all ones. So overall it's a game about potential. By this point, all non-heroes/villains could easily have been dead. Likewise, you could have been goblin potioned, transformed through other means, or, like you say, you could be actively pulling weight by voting out the baddies. I think Zinger compromised on the relative power difference by giving you the paper. It's an exceedingly powerful tool for investigation, and provides the very important boost to morale and stamina for the entire game. It's a centerpiece of communication, too. You don't merely exist to flush out a faction (though you do serve that function as well). You also have the opportunity to affect the game like you're doing right now, bringing opinions to the table and allowing others to form their own thoughts based on those opinions. You're definitely in the game, playing it. I regret that you haven't been able to be flashy-boom-boom-sparkle-menace like some others, but I'm personally really glad you're here and I know others are too. Tell us things. That's your purpose.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
That's how I've been seeing it at least, I may very well be wrong. In that case I really don't know what to tell you, haha.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
This is a game about Origins. Not just canon ones, all ones. So overall it's a game about potential.
right and i'm not asking about the purpose of origins i'm asking about the purpose of the static characters who can't do anything besides vote - people who can't steal or craft things or anything. it really truly feels like most of us are helplessly watching everything go to **** and are literally powerless to do anything about it. maybe that's by design idk. but like, being told i'm in the wrong for using my only way to fight is demoralizing and if i can't do that i might as well just not play.
Tell us things. That's your purpose.
sounds 2 me like mint knows all about their role and how to fix it :^) what do you need the bugle for when they've got all the info right there!!!!

like in all seriousness i get it from a birds eye outsider perspective but also like. we know exactly who the threats are and i'm being told not to do everything in my power to remove the threat (aka play to my win condition) and it isn't sitting right with me. plus like (idk how to put it but: ) rubik's entire post.
like if this were any other game and a threat to town said "wait ahaha i can actually win with town :eyes: don't kill me ahaha" and i believed them, i'd be a moron. I GET THAT THIS ISN'T A NORMAL GAME but also from my perspective, someone with the title of super villain is saying they can win with town lol like that does not compute in any way.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Yeah, fair. The line between a game and a story is getting really blurred here and it's difficult to decide on which one to focus. And irdk y'all, I'm trying my best too, haha.

I do have a plan for the story. For my plan, the game doesn't even necessarily need to be played. We'll see where it goes I guess and I'll contribute here as I think would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom