• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I would start with getting your heroes to stop attacking every villain immediately and instead trying to work with us. I wasn’t originally a villain. I was origin aligned and there was a possibility of me being cured still. That cure to make me town was in Spider-Man’s role pm. But instead of talking to me and trying to work with me, he attacked me. And frankly I’ve been pretty nice. I have no intentions of actually actively harming town, since unlike storm I do kind of have a way to win with town. And mafia isn’t helping town clearly so I just need to pick a side as far as I’m concerned.

Also I know Spider-Man’s true identity. Instead of outing them For all villains I’ve kept it to myself. I think that’s a pretty large kindness right there.

Lastly I’m not easy to lynch. I may have a lizard brain but I’m tough. And if Human torch decides to be hot headed next, it will be a waste of his time I can promise that.

Despite the clear aggressiveness shown towards me, I’m still not going to purposefully antagonize town. In the end I cannot win unless the game ends and only town or mafia can do that. So I have no reason to purposefully destroy the two sides. Rather I’m going to sit and watch the two sides duke it out.
The cure was in Spiderman's possession and not in the possession of your wife?

It seemed like he was trying to cure you during the fight.

Seems like it was missing something that he (Spider-Bro) likely needed to get from Mrs Conners to complete but rushed things and got got for it. IE the hot headed comments.

Mint Elv

Fish!

Idk. When I turned into the lizard I was told I can still be cured but the details are in Spider-Man’s role pm. If that was supposed to be something that happens during a fight, then he should have talked to me first instead of just jumping the gun and attacking me immediately.

In the comics Spider-Man makes the cure based on doctor conners notes. So I’m sure it relates to that.

Honestly I think he always had the details but chose not to act on them, but that is something I’m guessing based on something else in my new role pm.

100% similar to what KoD said about Rag, Spider-Man has the details on how to make us town side. However Spider-Man is not working towards making peace clearly by his actions.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I do kind of have a way to win with town.
tbh i will just never believe this is true for supervillains except for maybe JJJ (is he a villain????)
this is probably because i am unfamiliar with flavor. but it also seems anti game to go "here's how every player can win together kumbaya :) :) :)"

you (all villains) can insist all you want but i do not see a town win with an active supervillain. they feel inherently opposed

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
tbh i will just never believe this is true for supervillains except for maybe JJJ (is he a villain????)
this is probably because i am unfamiliar with flavor. but it also seems anti game to go "here's how every player can win together kumbaya :) :) :)"

you (all villains) can insist all you want but i do not see a town win with an active supervillain. they feel inherently opposed
I think the lizard canonically gets cured, though it occasionally resurfaces. He's probably one of the ones I think has a decent shot of turning town.

There are plenty of villains who don't get redemption arcs, though.

Zinger talked on stream last night about there being a watcher and there being someone who used an action last night to learn a lot about the game including what every faction is and denied that it was Dusky but who knows how accurate any of that is.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I would start with getting your heroes to stop attacking every villain immediately and instead trying to work with us. I wasn’t originally a villain. I was origin aligned and there was a possibility of me being cured still. That cure to make me town was in Spider-Man’s role pm. But instead of talking to me and trying to work with me, he attacked me. And frankly I’ve been pretty nice. I have no intentions of actually actively harming town, since unlike storm I do kind of have a way to win with town. And mafia isn’t helping town clearly so I just need to pick a side as far as I’m concerned.

Also I know Spider-Man’s true identity. Instead of outing them For all villains I’ve kept it to myself. I think that’s a pretty large kindness right there.

Lastly I’m not easy to lynch. I may have a lizard brain but I’m tough. And if Human torch decides to be hot headed next, it will be a waste of his time I can promise that.

Despite the clear aggressiveness shown towards me, I’m still not going to purposefully antagonize town. In the end I cannot win unless the game ends and only town or mafia can do that. So I have no reason to purposefully destroy the two sides. Rather I’m going to sit and watch the two sides duke it out.
You made it pretty clear during the fight with Doc Ock and Electro that you were rooting for the baddies. I'm skeptical of your neutrality. My opinions on the choices available may have differed from Spiderman's, but the flavor text also made it clear that direct action was necessary. If a fight was a method to cure you, I'm not surprised that they didn't see the need to spell it out. Though if it is indeed true that you know who Spiderman is and have not revealed it, that is a kindness I will remember.

Do you know what specifically happens once you bite someone?

Mint Elv

Fish!

I said kind of not actually can. And it ain’t no kumbaya BS. 100% only town or mafia can end the game. Likewise they cannot end the game with super villains in the pool. Idk about superhero wincon. I know supervillain wincon is just be in the active pool. So basically we would need to convert town and/or mafia members into something else to end the game ourselves.

Which is pointless at this point in time due to how large the active pool is. The only true advantage we have now is that Spider-Man is gone for now. I’m guessing there’s a cure for lizard spider as well.
think the lizard canonically gets cured, though it occasionally resurfaces. He's probably one of the ones I think has a decent shot of turning town.
If Spider-Man comes back from I did.

Do you know what specifically happens once you bite someone?
Nothing. I don’t think I can bite.

Yeah I can’t bite. Also ftr I don’t like Spider-Man but I did like you in that fight. You’ve been more levelheaded since the KoD fight so I’m not as annoyed by you. Spider-Man hasn’t left the best impression on villains this whole game. But you’ll know if I make a move against anyone, which again isn’t worth it with such a large active pool. If Spider-Man comes crawling back then discussion maybe can be had. I doubt he’ll stay lizard spider for too long honestly.

Also again starting a fight with me will be fruitless. So I would suggest we actually work together and see what happens instead of wasting time fighting. I’m playing for myself so I don’t mind selling my votes. I’m basically a double voter.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hmm. Do you not fear retribution from other villains? If not, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of leaving you alone for a bit, if flavor or my sources don't indicate your treachery. If I work really hard, I might be able to find a way to cure you myself. I don't say that lightly. I truly have no idea if I can help lain, and it doesn't seem as if fae want to be helped.

Are you proposing any other way we can work together besides buying votes? I think it would be understandable that I'm wary of providing money to a Supervillain.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Hmm. Do you not fear retribution from other villains? If not, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of leaving you alone for a bit, if flavor or my sources don't indicate your treachery. If I work really hard, I might be able to find a way to cure you myself. I don't say that lightly. I truly have no idea if I can help lain, and it doesn't seem as if fae want to be helped.

Are you proposing any other way we can work together besides buying votes? I think it would be understandable that I'm wary of providing money to a Supervillain.
I don’t mind just donating my vote for hammering purposes on others just for kicks and giggles. Mostly I just want to chill and watch the game state. That’s what I’ve done this whole time and planned on doing when I came in the active pool. You really seem to be ignoring that Spider-Man attacked me. Just like you did KoD and Spider-Man did to others. You guys keep attacking us and I’ve watched the constantly assumptions and attacks so from my point of view you guys don’t want to try to save us if we can be saved.

But I’m not looking to fight. I’ll protect myself obviously, regardless of who it is that attacks, but I’m not aiming to intentionally start a war. Im giving town a redeeming chance. What you and town choose to do is up to you guys but I think if you keep up with what you are doing, you will lose. I just took out Spider-Man. You guys are down a hero. I had my spiteful moment with making him lizard spider, but considering some things, he ain’t staying down.

Don’t start a war you’ll lose.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
menhera-chan-what.gif

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Very well, Mint. I don't agree with Spiderman's choices in that situation, with the limited perspective I have. However, it's certainly not my place to apologize on his behalf. That's between you and him. Whether or not JJJ's bind prevented Spiderman from attending the meeting with Black Cat or not is also something I can't speak on. If Spiderman returns, I'll ensure that my opinions are heard on matters going forward. It is also within your power to state that you would be open to being cured. The "us" you speak of, Supervillains, are mechanically opposed. If the gap is to be bridged, both must make the effort in a positive direction.

I'm willing to make the effort. It may take some time, I have many simultaneous matters that require my attention. I wish you luck.

Before I turn to other responsibilities I want to make one thing very clear though. This has never been about war. This has been about survival.

Mint Elv

Fish!
This has never been about war. This has been about survival.
Which is all I’m trying to do. The moment I was revealed to have become the lizard, I was treated as someone that needs to be eliminated. And Spider-Man definitely didn’t make me feel welcomed by attacking me. I’m just trying to survive and I will choose whatever does that. Whether it is being cured or being a villain. At this moment I can’t say what, and neither will matter till Spider-Man reenters and hopefully has learned their lesson about being reckless.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I said kind of not actually can. And it ain’t no kumbaya BS. 100% only town or mafia can end the game. Likewise they cannot end the game with super villains in the pool. Idk about superhero wincon. I know supervillain wincon is just be in the active pool. So basically we would need to convert town and/or mafia members into something else to end the game ourselves.
you're contradicting yourself. "being able to win with town" by converting them into nontown is not winning with town. if a town player lets you stick around they are not playing to their wincon.

you're contradicting yourself. "being able to win with town" by converting them into nontown is not winning with town. if a town player lets you stick around they are not playing to their wincon.
Spider-Man requested the very same thing so Mint isnt asking anything more than your heros are asking of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom