• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
was it a lie of omission

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Explicitly that, or is that extrapolated from something else that makes you assume it?

Is this mod confirmed or just based on a rumor?
The ability was confirmed to be a 100% true rumor mill

The rumor mill explicitly stated town and mafia can win together and probably want to work together if they want to win

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
well there you go

abigail's isn't so if she's telling the truth we can trust it

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I have no reason not to believe Abs
I have no reason not to believe Rubik
There are some people that are a bit sketch, but its not my place to point them out.
if Abs says there is a way for Town and Mafia to kumbaya and win together, im all for it. the problem is getting everyone to cooperate. a feat within itself. i'm still a little biased about a few things, but at this point i may as well shut up and let you hunt the lurking bads, and not this one who likes to monologue.

there's not much I can say against a fake result like that
One thing you could do is send a small amount of money to people w/ a message, or a non-anonymous letter to the editor. If your character name doesn't look like mafia it could give people a reason to wait on voting you.

The ability was confirmed to be a 100% true rumor mill
it was confirmed in your role pm?

If the above is true, then it is almost certainly the case that mafia dons who target townies are themselves the biggest threat to a mafia victory (on the basis that, minus supervillains and other threats, mafia very likely fulfills or, at least, nearly fulfills its victory condition from the very start of the game).
Wouldn't this imply that we need to keep Storm in the active player pool otherwise we might just instantly lose? We haven't been made aware of any other non-mafia threats so far. Although, I guess if I go with what you're claiming, there must have been another one during the start of the game, otherwise mafia would have just won then? Storm was origin aligned so he wouldn't have been a villain at the start. I'm all for convincing the mafia to stop killing town, but wouldn't they already have known how many mafia there are? If they've kept killing town despite that they must have some reason.

Storm

One thing you could do is send a small amount of money to people w/ a message, or a non-anonymous letter to the editor. If your character name doesn't look like mafia it could give people a reason to wait on voting you.

it was confirmed in your role pm?

Wouldn't this imply that we need to keep Storm in the active player pool otherwise we might just instantly lose? We haven't been made aware of any other non-mafia threats so far. Although, I guess if I go with what you're claiming, there must have been another one during the start of the game, otherwise mafia would have just won then? Storm was origin aligned so he wouldn't have been a villain at the start. I'm all for convincing the mafia to stop killing town, but wouldn't they already have known how many mafia there are? If they've kept killing town despite that they must have some reason.
The Killjoy of Crime alluded to the Russian Mafia, the Cartels, and the Italian Mafia in his posts. He name dropped Silvermane, and Alluded to Rhino being around ( he is probably Mafia Aligned until he puts on the Rubber suit). We know Hammerhead is in the game, as he was Majority holder of Roxxon Day 1.

I know Freddeh is on Vacation, or so he says. So maybe there is no Goblin Yet. We wont know until Probably an Extra Edition of the Bugle

Storm

Plus. Isnt Exlight supposed to be Mary Jane Watson?

Or....

OH ****. HES THE CHAMELEON.

HE "DIED" AT THE START OF DAY 3 AND THATS WHY HE WAS SILENCED

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Wouldn't this imply that we need to keep Storm in the active player pool otherwise we might just instantly lose? We haven't been made aware of any other non-mafia threats so far.
It would certainly be an expedient fail-safe -- at least as long as Storm cooperates. Note, though, that there are certainly candidates for characters who plausibly started the game as threats to town. KoD/Fisk is one possible example. One or two such roles plus a very slim relative town majority would prevent the game from ending too early (though I honestly doubt that this is the setup).

It strikes me as more plausible, though, that the gang war itself prevents mafia from winning. If the mafia factions are split (as we know them to be), then each might count as a separate threat to town. This would prevent the faction as a whole from winning until they resolve their civil war.

Although, I guess if I go with what you're claiming, there must have been another one during the start of the game, otherwise mafia would have just won then? Storm was origin aligned so he wouldn't have been a villain at the start. I'm all for convincing the mafia to stop killing town, but wouldn't they already have known how many mafia there are? If they've kept killing town despite that they must have some reason.
Given that the various mafia factions are dis-unified at present, with each of their respective dons presumably trying to become the new Kingpin of Crime, it is strikes me as unlikely that they have complete information about one another.

Princess Abigail

Now anyone who played Zenon's Tea Party has no reason to trust me saying there's a Kumbayah wincon after that game but the difference here is

I'm not dating monster, the girl I am dating isn't in this game, and I actually have a wincon to play towards lol.

Ragnarokio

whether such a victory exists and whether its feasible to acheive are seperate questions

as long as the mafia continues to kill people they're a pretty imminent threat, but if its true that we're dealing with 3-4 mafias each with their own kill then its feasibly the case that trying to stop them via removal is a losing game for both sides, and that our only real hope at winning is to convince them to stop and focus their attention on our mutual threats until such a point that a mutual victory is either attained or ruled impossible

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Now anyone who played Zenon's Tea Party has no reason to trust me saying there's a Kumbayah wincon after that game but the difference here is

I'm not dating monster, the girl I am dating isn't in this game, and I actually have a wincon to play towards lol.
I mentioned yesterday but I got the exact same rumor mill. I assumed it was false, but trust that you’re telling the truth now.

Princess Abigail

whether such a victory exists and whether its feasible to acheive are seperate questions

as long as the mafia continues to kill people they're a pretty imminent threat, but if its true that we're dealing with 3-4 mafias each with their own kill then its feasibly the case that trying to stop them via removal is a losing game for both sides, and that our only real hope at winning is to convince them to stop and focus their attention on our mutual threats until such a point that a mutual victory is either attained or ruled impossible
I think the thing of it is whoever wins the gang war is going to influence the game and town directly in very positive or very negative directions.

There's 3 or 4 factions it stands to reason they don't all seek the same things and the way the info is worded it seems likely at least 1 mafia is working towards a goal that is actively beneficial for town.

Now I'm not usually a proponent of focusing my attention away from any one threat but I think we all know that the super powered are gonna be much more dangerous than some mobsters with guns.

Princess Abigail

I mentioned yesterday but I got the exact same rumor mill. I assumed it was false, but trust that you’re telling the truth now.
Yeah they only abilities I had as the robber was

A free guaranteed to be true rumor mill about the mafia and the ability that killed uncle Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom